1.    #1  
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...oc.eponymsbeta

It's a complete re-write and it has:

1) Exhibition mode support (2.0 and up). Docked on your Touchstone, you will be able to read random Eponyms
    2) Ability to view in the app automatic display of random eponyms (hit the Timer button)
    3) Buttons redesigned
    4) Category code made more efficient
    5) Fixed (somewhat) search of Whonamedit

It should be compatible with 1.4.5 (Exhibition will not work in this version of course)

Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    it is working in exhibition mode quite well.it has the random changes of the eponyms at what seems to be a set interval.at the bottom of the screen though there is a small piece of the exhibition app screen visible when exhibition mode is started from the app as well as on the touchstone. will see if i can take a screen shot later but if i try i suspect it may just wake up the pre.that is the only thing that needs to be done which is to expand the dark area to cover the entire screen.But otherwise when i am sleeping and wake up randomly at 2am i can now read one eponym for the day I wonder if you can make the text a bit bigger in exhibition mode.i will continue using the app and see if i can think of any more ideas.Continue the good work!
  3.    #3  
    OK I hear you. Made some bug fixes including getting rid of the white area at the bottom of the exhibition mode screen. The font is also larger now.
    I just uploaded the latest beta but it may take a few hours for you to see the update.
  4.    #4  
    I am trying to setup a Preferences, storing the cookie for the Interval (so you can speed up or slow down the random transitions )
    However I have hit a stumbling block so if someone can tell me what went wrong.
    I tried to set up the Cookie in the app-assistant.jsjsjs ($I$ $was$ $previously$ $doing$ $this$ $in$ $the$ $stage$-$assistant$ $but$ $this$ $is$ $now$ $defunct$ $in$ $Exhibition$ $compatible$ $apps$):
    Code:
    function AppAssistant() {
    }

AppAssistant.prototype.setup = function() {
    // Cookies
    cookie = new Mojo.Model.Cookie("eponymsex");
        if(cookie.get() === undefined){
         cookie.put(
          { interval: 20000
          });
        }

};
    AppAssistant.prototype.handleLaunch = function(launchParams) {
    //etc

but in later scenes,

Code:
    interval = cookie.get().interval;

results in
    "Uncaught ReferenceError: cookie is not defined (app/assistants/result-assistant.jsjsjs:$77$)&$quot$;
  5.    #5  
    ** Need feedback if this version is running OK on 1.4.5 devices - since this version also has 2.0 features **

TQ
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    getting now, will let you know.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    works fine on my 1.4.5 Pre in portrait, but doesn't change to landscape. That being said, I rarely use horizontal landscape as can't type in it. I only use it when there is more to read. So not a big deal for short texts.