1.    #1  
    I thought I saw something the other day regarding a new mode switcher for 2.1. I can't seem to find it anywhere, can someone point me in the right direction, or wake me up? please and thank you
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Think it's just in alpha testing right now, but the release is planned in days not weeks.

although it might just be in the testing feeds for awhile.
  3.    #3  
    I thought I saw a wiki or something like that on my mobile a few days ago and meant to check it out later, but I don't remember where I saw it. If it's coming out in days, then I can wait.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Theres going to be a NEW one? Because I already have the same Mode Switcher on my 2.1 Pre Plus as I did on 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Theres going to be a NEW one? Because I already have the same Mode Switcher on my 2.1 Pre Plus as I did on 1.4.5.
    I guess some people are having trouble with that one, or at least not all functions will work. Pretty sure he started over from the ground up. The new one looks pretty much the same but there are subtle differences. Does the one you're using work with the mode menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Yes, there will be a new version of MS. MS 2.x was completely rewritten and is only for webOS 2.x.

As was mentioned, it is currently in alpha testing and will be released to the public fairly soon. Sconix has a couple of other projects and patches he's working on at the same time.

As for using MS 1.x on your devices running webOS 2.x... It is not supported or recommended to be used on webOS 2.x. Many of the features and functions in MS 1.x do not work very well under webOS 2.x.

The mode menu has not been publically released for webOS 2.1 yet either. I believe it or the launch MS on luna boot was ported by someone other than Sconix as a workaround to get MS 1.x to run on a webOS 2.x device without having the dashboard shown all the time. Also regarding the launch MS on luna boot patch... it will no longer be required for MS 2.x

So hang in there everyone. Those of us that love MS and moved to webOS 2.x have to wait a bit longer... just not "in the coming months" type of time frame. Much sooner for sure!

If you have any problems/questions about running MS 1.x on your <= 1.4.5 device, then head over to the thread or see the wiki for some help.

Since I mentioned the wiki and thread.. there is a new thread for MS 2.x and the same wiki page linked above will be updated to reflect information for both MS 1.x for those running webOS 1.4.x and MS 2.x for those running webOS 2.x.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Thanks for stopping by Oakridge. Any details as to what Sconix and Rod are working on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Thanks for stopping by Oakridge. Any details as to what Sconix and Rod are working on?
    No problem.

Sure. The new thing they're working on is...

I actually can't say yet!
    (I'm under a Sconix NDA)

Edit: It is an app. I guess I can say that much.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I enjoyed Mode Switcher 1.x on me pre+ before it bit the dust....can't wait to get Mode Switcher 2.x on my pre2 running webOS 2.1. Any further update on when this may be dropping in public beta? Such a great app and have missed it greatly....
    The mode switcher 2.x thread is the place for information about it:
    http://forums.precentral.net/enlight...tcher-2-x.html
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    cool thanks Nick...didn't see that in my initial search.