Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just to give you guys a heads up. MediPDA is not abandonware. Finally got round to porting it over to Ares with the help of Radu Serban. We are now collaborating using SVN on assembla.com and Ares supports it too (though it's a little glitchy at times).
    If all goes well, we should be able to push out a new version of MediPDA in the coming weeks
    Being on Ares will make it easier to develop new modules and also recode for Enyo in the future.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    glad to hear! I use your tools a lot when I am doing my hospitalist stints. I look forward to seeing the update.
    thanks again
  4.    #4  
    Actually collaborating on SVN is amazingly easy. Better than emailing each other the Ares code, one justs does a Commit/Push and the code goes online. The otlher collaborators just perform an Update on Ares to update their code. Really didn't know what I was missing till Radu showed me.
    When we have things stable, perhaps we can rope in more collaborators for MediPDA.
    you're the webOS medical hero! HP should commend you! i use MediPDA daily..
  6.    #6  
    I have pushed out MediPDA Beta :

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...oc.medipdabeta

and it should be "live" in a few hours. Changes:

- you'll notice that the Calculate button has now been made a bottom menu button - so that you won't have to scroll through the scene to get to the button in some cases
    - new modules (Strep throat, Parkland burns, ANC)
    - most of the changes are 'under the hood' mainly for Ares compatibility.

MediPDA is now hosted on assembla.com and the code there is compatible with Ares' Version Control so that the project now can be worked on by multiple parties (at the moment only Radu Serban and me).
    If you are interested in contributing and are familiar with Ares and Javascript, please PM me.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 04/10/2011 at 06:27 PM.
  7.    #7  
    *** I need feedback if this version installs and runs OK on 1.4.5 devices tq **
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    getting now for 1.4.5
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    works fine on my classic 1.4.5 Palm Pre in both portrait and landscape mode.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the feedback

New beta 0.4.4 uploaded
    Updated modules: Parkland burns, LDL Calculated
    Global Preferences page to toggle SI/US units (known bug: it does not "stick" when you exit the app)
  12.    #12  
    Version 0.4.5 just uploaded
    The Preferences settings have been corrected and should be saved when you exit the app.
  13.    #13  
    If there are no issues with version 0.4.5, this will be pushed out as an official update to MediPDA. More modules in the coming weeks
    Loving the app - some requests for GI modules:

Any chance of Maddreys Discrminant Function (for alcoholic hepatitis)
    its 4.6 *(pt-control) + bilirubin in mg/dl (divide bilirubin by 17.1 if in SI units),
    >32 = severe/poor prognosis

And also the glasgow alcoholic hepatitis score (also for alc hep)

White Cell count: <15 1 point >15 2 points
    Urea <5.0 1 point >5.0 2 points
    Bilirubin <125 1 point 125-250 2 points >250 3 points
    INR <1.5 1 point 1.5-2.0 2 points >2 3 points

score> 9 = severe/poor prognosis (more sensitive for mortality than MDF).

thanks for considering!
  15.    #15  
    Always useful if you can post links/references etc.
  16.    #16  
    I just pushed out a new beta for MediPDA which should be Touchpad compatible - added a back button. This version also has a new Preference setting by Radu Serban which allows you to see the Most Recently Used modules at the top of the main list
    Latest version is 0.4.6 and it should go "live" in a few hours

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...oc.medipdabeta

TP owners, please test and provide feedback here. I don't own a real device so I can only check it out on the emulator.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    not quite sure how to get on my TouchPad without the beta feeds anymore, until I figure out webOS QuickInstall for the TP... later today. For now, the web page installation just allows phone #, which goes to the phone, not TP.

But should be able to give feedback later today when I get Quick Install working with TP!
  18.    #18  
    eh? Doesn't the link open up in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    the link worked when I sent the message by email to the TP, as I saw this on my laptop first, and the link was going to my phone.

It installed fine, and ran fine in full-screen mode on my TouchPad. Eventually I will be able to get screen shots here from it, and reply on it, but right now the TP doesn't seem to agree with PreCentral too well, and when I "Submit" a post, it gets an "error loading page". Day-one bugs....

In time, when the Ares emulator is updated for Enyo, hopefully we will be able to make our calculators "fold out" like email, etc does... "in coming months" (LOL!)
  20.    #20  
    Yup, it would be nice for say results of a calculation to "fold out" on a right hand pane
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast