Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this already! I was at WebOSConnect last night in London and they introduced the WebOS version of this app which allows you to send postcards to people around the world. Real hard copy paper postcards! And the beautiful things is Palm/HP is sponsoring it so they're paying for our postcards! I just sent one to myself to see the quality, I've attached a few screen shots of the process for you all:

And voila, then you get a confirmation email saying this:

We've received your order. Thank you.
    If you need to check anything, the reference number is XXXXXXXX.
    Your postcard will be sent courtesy of Palm.
    Order summary.
    The complete content of your order:

Cards ordered: 1
    Cost of cards: 99c
    Postage: 50c
    Discounts: 1,49
    Prepay balance used: 0,00
    Total cost: 0,00

What we'll send.
    We'll send 1 card to:

Name and Address

When we'll send.
    We print our cards every weekday at 10am, UK time. As soon as the ink has dried (usually about three hours later) we post them.
    Brilliant! And awesome of HPalm to do this for us!

Touchnote - The award-winning application that lets you take a photo and instantly send it as a postcard. From anywhere in the world, to anywhere in the world.

I can't seem to find a direct link to the app but just search Touchnote in the AppCat and it should be there
    Not available in the US, alas. {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Really? Well that's a first :-/
    We've only released to the UK initially, the US release is coming very soon (within a week). Hope you can wait that long!

All postcards ordered from the US will be printed and posted in New York.
    We Precentral writers would *love* a review copy (*hint hint hint*). {Jonathan}
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freddiegjertsen View Post
    We've only released to the UK initially, the US release is coming very soon (within a week). Hope you can wait that long!

All postcards ordered from the US will be printed and posted in New York.
    You guys have done a great job, looking forward to receiving my postcard and seeing the quality, then I'll be posting photos to everyone
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I use cardsender in the U.S.A. and I've mailed it internationally.
    Works very well
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Looks very nice! How long are Palm/HP sponsoring the app for?
    I'm in the US and have just downloaded the app and sent my first free postcard within minutes. TIP: you can side-load any pics from your PC and use them as the pic for the postcard, not just pics taken with your phone. Sweet and still free for a limited time (first 50,000 cards sent).
    Last edited by bdubdrum; 04/03/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Very nice of HP/Palm to do this. I know it will make a mom and grandma very happy in my family.

Sent three off.

Only suggestion I have is to add word wrap in the messaging section.

+ 1 HP/Palm
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I love this app, and have been using it quite a bit. Today I got an email stating that the apps will soon no longer work. Apparently the ability to send free cards is about to expire.

Use it or lose it!
    it may have expired, I just tried and my card just spun around in circles and never went anywhere, however I was so impressed with the test card that I mailed to myself I am willing to pay and send a card It would be good if it didn't take over a week to arrive though!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I was completely unaware of this app, but it's funny to see the old thread get bumped the day after Apple announced a similar feature for iOS, heh. It's a neat idea, though, too bad it doesn't seem to be working for WebOS anymore.