1.    #1  
    Zumodrive vs GoAruna?

What I want:
    If I receive a pdf file on my laptop at work, I want to be able to save the file in a cloud storage program running in my work laptop. From here, I want the file accessible to me on my work laptop, phone (pre - ), tablet (TP, someday), and home desktop, all via "the cloud". But, just as importantly, I want that same pdf saved to my home desktop hard drive and NOT saved on my work laptop. This allows me to keep a file of all my stuff in a single secure location, where I can occasionally make backup physical copies of everything and use my other devices as consumption and editing devices instead of storage devices.

Is this possible? If so, a couple pointers would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone!
    Dropbox is the best in my personal opinion. Just better overall.

Dropboxify in the App Catalog for managing that with your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by gvilleben View Post
    If I receive a pdf file on my laptop at work, I want to be able to save the file in a cloud storage program running in my work laptop. From here, I want the file accessible to me on my work laptop, phone (pre - ), tablet (TP, someday), and home desktop, all via "the cloud".
    ZumoDrive will create a drive letter on the PCs as a means of access to the cloud. Dropbox is similar, but it puts a folder in the My Documents/Documents folder within Windows. No idea what GoAruna does.

But, just as importantly, I want that same pdf saved to my home desktop hard drive and NOT saved on my work laptop.
    Both ZumoDrive and Dropbox allow this. Personally, once I put webOS 2.1 on my phones, Dropbox is my preferred method since QuickOffice supports it. But, ZumoDrive does have the free app for webOS.

Both, I think, would be able to do what you want.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Dropbox gets my vote as well
    I use ZumoDrive for my personal stuff that automatically syncs from my computer to the cloud. But I use Dropbox for my business stuff - a better setup for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I use ZumoDrive for my personal stuff that automatically syncs from my computer to the cloud. But I use Dropbox for my business stuff - a better setup for that.
    Why? ... Seriously??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just a personal choice. ZumoDrive lets me sync pictures easily and they show up as thumbnails within the app, so I use it mainly for pics and personal notes/files. I find Dropbox more of an 'industrial' app for my purposes at work. I keep more work files and stuff there.
    Just a personal choice. ZumoDrive lets me sync pictures easily and they show up as thumbnails within the app, so I use it mainly for pics and personal notes/files. I find Dropbox more of an 'industrial' app for my purposes at work. I keep more work files and stuff there.
    Still dont understand.. I mean dont they both do Exactly the same thing?? Why is dropbox better for bus?? I get why you like zumo for personal, but (me never really using dropbox) why would dropbox be better for bus? They both allow sharing of one file or a whole folder no?

I'm def missing something

9.    #9  
    Thanks! This helped a lot.

In addition to viewing pdf files on all my devices, I will also need to view and possibly edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint files on my devices. My Windows computers (work laptop, and home desktop) will not have a problem with this. Am I able to view these files with QuickOffice on my pre - (and a future TP)? How about editing these documents? Importantly, which app, Zumodrive or Dropbox or both, supports QuickOffice?

Additionally, I want to stream/play my music library on my phone at work. Which (Zumodrive or Dropbox) app is better integrated with the Music Remix app (or some other music playing app) and has an easier ease of use? I have access to free wifi all day so I'm not worried about connectivity issues with my pre - (or at home with my TP).
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Still dont understand.. I mean dont they both do Exactly the same thing?? Why is dropbox better for bus?? I get why you like zumo for personal, but (me never really using dropbox) why would dropbox be better for bus? They both allow sharing of one file or a whole folder no?

I'm def missing something
    Again.... it's a personal choice, and it's just the feeling I get from the services. Whether it's just a personal quirk, or not.. it's just that. Zumo has gotten really squirrelly on me once in a while with the app reading pics perfectly, and then not reading them. I just didn't want to take the chance with my important work docs on Zumo if it did that for basic pics.
    Thanks! This helped a lot.

In addition to viewing pdf files on all my devices, I will also need to view and possibly edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint files on my devices. My Windows computers (work laptop, and home desktop) will not have a problem with this. Am I able to view these files with QuickOffice on my pre - (and a future TP)? How about editing these documents? Importantly, which app, Zumodrive or Dropbox or both, supports QuickOffice?

Additionally, I want to stream/play my music library on my phone at work. Which (Zumodrive or Dropbox) app is better integrated with the Music Remix app (or some other music playing app) and has an easier ease of use? I have access to free wifi all day so I'm not worried about connectivity issues with my pre - (or at home with my TP).
    Quickoffice supports Dropbox. That's why I would go with Dropbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Again.... it's a personal choice, and it's just the feeling I get from the services. Whether it's just a personal quirk, or not.. it's just that. Zumo has gotten really squirrelly on me once in a while with the app reading pics perfectly, and then not reading them. I just didn't want to take the chance with my important work docs on Zumo if it did that for basic pics.
    Thanks.. Lol.. Sorry for the pestering.. Just thoughr maybe dropbox had an extra feature geared for bus use or something

doesn't box.net also have a storage option?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Pogoplug
    I use Dropbox. I used ZumoDrive for a while, but the way it operated irritated me. It's similar to Dropbox, but uses a different paradigm. In ZumoDrive, you would mark folders you wanted to have synced, whereas with Dropbox, everything to be synced was in a central location. That train of thought/operation worked better for how I wanted to use cloud storage. I also didn't find ZumoDrive as lightweight and out of the way as Dropbox. You can always try both on the Desktop and see how it goes.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    goaruna for webos is free. best of all, it features "full drag and drop capability within your browser. Want to move a file into a folder? Just click, drag and drop into the online storage folder you want." no need to install a desktop client on your pc.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hi, I've been using myPDV for a bit now. I guess you can try that out.

You can also Sync stuff from the site to their iPad application.

Hope this helps :-)