Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPhunk View Post
    Whenever the app supports sftp/ftps and scp I'll gladly pay for it.

As it is now, I have no real use for it, as all servers I would use it for require one of the three.

Sounds like you are making a pretty good product, though. Will keep checking back.
    @pcworld:

The dreaded "Unexpected error code -100" has popped up on my TP version 1.0.1 -- yet at the same time, I can get the Pre 2 version 1.0.1 to run fine

Have been using the TP version daily - and am not aware of any changes that would affect the TP FTPit

HELP - I have come to rely on this - daily multiple time usage!

{{also areeported via "report error"}} - gong for fastest response - I need this!
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  2.    #142  
    As far as I know it's a bug in webOS which is more or less out of my control. I'll forward you an e-mail with instructions how you may solve it.
    By the way, "report problem" in the App Catalog only leaves a 0-star review, I don't get an e-mail about it, neither do I get a way to respond.

Edit: Sent.
    Last edited by pcworld; 10/26/2011 at 10:19 AM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    As far as I know it's a bug in webOS which is more or less out of my control. I'll forward you an e-mail with instructions how you may solve it.
    By the way, "report problem" in the App Catalog only leaves a 0-star review, I don't get an e-mail about it, neither do I get a way to respond.

Edit: Sent.
    Sorry about the 0-star review - checked and cannot find it to remove it - HP should put a note on that page in the app cat to let you know what it does - *****!!!

Have yet to get the email - will keep chekcing.

Sorry again for the screwup
    Dave
  4.    #144  
    It's only displayed as 0-star review (at least on webOS 1/2), not counted in average rating and I assume you can't remove it, but no problem...
    (It usually takes a few hours till reviews/reported problems get displayed.)
    They should simply remove this useless function - I don't get why they ported it into the Enyo App Catalog.

Sent you a PM regarding the e-mail.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    It's only displayed as 0-star review (at least on webOS 1/2), not counted in average rating and I assume you can't remove it, but no problem...
    (It usually takes a few hours till reviews/reported problems get displayed.)
    They should simply remove this useless function - I don't get why they ported it into the Enyo App Catalog.

Sent you a PM regarding the e-mail.
    second TP restart today cleared the problem, which had NOT been appearing for many days - gremlins I guess
    Dave
  6.    #146  
    I'd rather say the most buggy mobile OS ever...
    Glad it works again now.
    I've downloaded this app a few days ago and I noticed a small issue. It's not breaking or anything, but files with a number sign in them (#) will not download. I don't know if it's just me, but I just wanted to point it out.
    Last edited by ChocolateDownpour; 10/29/2011 at 10:39 PM.
  8.    #148  
    @ChocolateDownpour:
    Thanks for reporting. This is a known issue and will probably be fixed with the next update.
    1. thanks for a ftp app. this was missing

2. i connect my digicam sd card with usb card reader to my router. router has an ftp server
    - FTPit! connects to the ip 192.168.2.1 but does not show any files or folders. i made a new file name "example". it was created (more later) but does not show either
    - The router ftp server itself works. connecting from any pc ftp program is no problem. so i saw that the "example" file was created
    - FTPit! does show files and folders with regular ftp server i tried randomly.

any ideas what is the problem here?
  10.    #150  
    @sparcx:
    Thanks for reporting. Might be an issue with an unregular output of the folder listing. Could you e-mail me so I can provide further instructions?
    Help please. Using FTPit, I can't connect to FileZilla server. I can connect with Home FTP server, but don't trust it since it also loaded malware. I have the correct IP, User name, password, and port configured in both. I am not getting a notification from the firewall that it is blocking. What am I missing?
  12.    #152  
    @Knucklehead:
    Any error messages?
    @Knucklehead:
    Any error messages?
    Nope. Just unable to connect.
  14.    #154  
    @Knucklehead:
    Is the loading-animation infinite? Or how do you identify that it's "unable to connect"?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    @Knucklehead:
    Is the loading-animation infinite? Or how do you identify that it's "unable to connect"?
    I get the same thing, using the FileZilla Server.

With the "Add account", I enter the IP as xxx.xxx.x.x, port 21, username, password. The values for port, username and password work fine when I connect on the PC with Filezilla Client.

When I try to connect using the Touchpad, it shows a busy rotating thing in upper left, then gives me a message:

"Failed to connect to the FTP server. Please check the login data:"
    Under the message, it shows me the settings and a keyboard.
    under add account: you don't need the port=21, ftp assumes that port=21
  17.    #157  
    @Knucklehead/lar3ry:
    Hmm, FileZilla server worked for me in my tests. If you would like this issue to be fixed, please e-mail me so I can provide you more information on how to turn on logging.

@epetru:
    "FTP" is just a protocol. You're right that 21 is the standard port, but this information is still needed to connect to an FTP server. The field is pre-filled with 21, and if you delete it, the app assigns 21 when saving.
    PM sent.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=pcworld;3233521]@Knucklehead/lar3ry:
    Hmm, FileZilla server worked for me in my tests. If you would like this issue to be fixed, please e-mail me so I can provide you more information on how to turn on logging.

I just got my new laptop battery, and got a chance to try an FTP from it (using FileZilla), over the WiFi. It gives me the same result as from the Touchpad, with the message "The connection timed out. Could not connect to server.

I wonder.. could it be a setting in my NetGear router that is not letting the connection happen?
  20.    #160  
    @lar3ry:
    Are the FTP server, your Laptop and the TouchPad in the same WiFi network?
    And have you set up the firewall on the computer the server is correctly? Also note that only passive FTP is currently supported in FTPit!.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast