Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    The updated version is now be available in the App Catalog. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you.

For those who had issues with webOS 3.0.4: It was probably due to the app being not available temporarily, please update the app, try again and let me know.
    App Catalog version was downloaded under 3.0.4 and is working OK!!!

I also posted a review ***** for a ***** app. (Under David S)

One suggestion for early Change - add an alias for each connection being set up - and display the alias (not the IP or net address). I have 6 machines on my home net and it is a baitch to keep track of the IP address (even it it is only the last set of numbers.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    App Catalog version was downloaded under 3.0.4 and is working OK!!!

I also posted a review ***** for a ***** app. (Under David S)
    Thanks!

One suggestion for early Change - add an alias for each connection being set up - and display the alias (not the IP or net address). I have 6 machines on my home net and it is a baitch to keep track of the IP address (even it it is only the last set of numbers.
    I got this suggestion from other user(s) as well. Will probably be included in an update eventually.

@duanedude1: Sent you an e-mail.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Thanks!

I got this suggestion from other user(s) as well. Will probably be included in an update eventually.

@duanedude1: Sent you an e-mail.
    I found a work around (AND INCREASED SECURITY, TOO) - on each host, I created a user with name appropriate for naming THAT host (like: mynetbook, etc.) - when I create the FTPit logon entry - that name is displayed in your list and lets me I'D each specific machine.

Passing along in case others might find that useful - I hope.
    Dave
    Downloaded the update today on Pre3 and touchpad (3.0.4), works now like a charme. Looking forward to further updates, especially the planned sorting by newest first, this will really improve this nice app! Great job so far!
  5. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    SFTP, FTPS and other encrypted methods are currently not supported but may come with a future update if there's enough interest.
    just installed it on my TP64 with 3.0.4, really great app :-)

Unfortunately only usable in your private net, so please add sftp and scp for secure communication through the internet!
    Purchased from App Catalog for Touchpad. Entered straight address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. There is no username or password (though the system inserts anonymous which I seem to not be able to delete). I receive an error "Unexpected reply from the server. Please check login data." The ftp site is part of my netgear router connected to a USB drive. It is accessible via IE and Google by typing in the address preceded by ftp. There is no security or proxy. Assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Can someone guide me how to access Lion OSx files wirelessly using this app? I have already enabled ftp on the Mac OS.

Thanks for your help!
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrawlins View Post
    Purchased from App Catalog for Touchpad. Entered straight address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. There is no username or password (though the system inserts anonymous which I seem to not be able to delete). I receive an error "Unexpected reply from the server. Please check login data." The ftp site is part of my netgear router connected to a USB drive. It is accessible via IE and Google by typing in the address preceded by ftp. There is no security or proxy. Assistance would be most appreciated.
    Are you able to login via normal FTP clients (FileZilla) when entering "anonymous" as user name?
    Quote Originally Posted by guygenius View Post
    Can someone guide me how to access Lion OSx files wirelessly using this app? I have already enabled ftp on the Mac OS.
    Well, I don't really know anything about OS X. You need to enter the IP address of your computer and the user name and password you specified when enabling FTP. You may have to activate some ports in the firewall first.
    Maybe others can jump in.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  9.    #129  
    For those needing encryption for their servers:
    What do you need more: SFTP or FTPS?
    What is generally more widespread?
    SFTP (with pubkey support) for sure.
    Without it, this app is useless for me. I'm a webdev and I need to sshing/ftping to my server for making some adjustment on the go.

I think that everybody uses sftp (via openssh) on their server / vps and so on..

Please add this feature.. I'm pretty sure it will be a killer app
  11.    #131  
    The next update(s) might include:
    - FTPS support
    - an option to go into root instead of home folder (added in v1.1.0)
    - aliases for servers (added in v1.1.0)
    - fixed displaying of very big file sizes (something about >2 GB)
    - fixed displaying of file lists with special characters, e. g. double quotes in file names (added in v1.1.0)
    - fixed rendering of the file/up-/download list in TouchPad portrait mode (added in v1.1.0)
    - fixed displaying of files with double-quote characters or # (added in v1.1.0)
    - an option that should fix issues with some routers (added in v1.1.0)
    - sort by modification date: newest first (added in v1.1.0)
    - fix: e. g. creating of files/folders failed in some cases (added in v1.1.0)
    Last edited by pcworld; 10/31/2012 at 10:36 AM.
    The next update(s) will include, amongst other things:
    - an option to go into root instead of home folder
    - aliases for servers
    - fixed displaying of very big file sizes (something about >2 GB)
    - fixed displaying of file lists with special characters, e. g. double quotes in file names
    - fixed rendering of the file list in TouchPad portrait mode
    Looking forward to that root access - will help backup my changes to the copntrol files for tabs and for Launcher Icons, etc

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    Dave
    Does anyone know if the FileZilla FTP server supports one or the other or both?
    Dave
    Does anyone know if the FileZilla FTP server supports one or the other or both?
    FTPS according to this FTPS using Explicit SSL/TLS howto (Server) - FileZilla Wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    thanks!
    Dave
    Given my use of FileZilla server, my preference is for FTPS.
    Dave
  17.    #137  
    Looking forward to that root access - will help backup my changes to the copntrol files for tabs and for Launcher Icons, etc

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    I meant accessing the root folder of FTP servers, not of local files. Having root access for local files may come with a Preware app eventually.

FileZilla supports afaikafaikafaik $FTPS$ $and$ $SFTP$, $at$ $least$ $on$ $Windows$. ($And$ $no$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $Windows$ )
    I meant accessing the root folder of FTP servers, not of local files. Having root access for local files may come with a Preware app eventually.

FileZilla supports afaikafaikafaik $FTPS$ $and$ $SFTP$, $at$ $least$ $on$ $Windows$. ($And$ $no$, $I$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $Windows$ )
    Root Access:

You have me confused - seems to me the FTP Server controls access on the host side, so don't see how you can bypass that from FTPit end. I give myself root access on my host by assigning my user that access. On the other hand, FTPit only allows me to get down to TP USB-Home - so that was why I interpreted your "allow root" to be a reference to TP root.

So, I don't understand your answer, I guess.

Secure Access:

I looked at the FileZilla Wiki and the intro only mentioned the one S access - thus my answer - given it supports both - let the others guide you on which one to work on first.

THANKS!
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 10/24/2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: claification
    Dave
  19.    #139  
    Some servers lead clients to e. g. their home directory /home/user, although the users have access to /.
    The app currently gives users no way to go to / if the server allows it but has something else as initial folder (which is not chrooted).
    You're probably not affected by this.
    Whenever the app supports sftp/ftps and scp I'll gladly pay for it.

As it is now, I have no real use for it, as all servers I would use it for require one of the three.

Sounds like you are making a pretty good product, though. Will keep checking back.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast