Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Update 2011-10-08:
    The app has been submitted to the App Catalog! This post will be updated as soon as the app hits the catalog.
    ------------------------------------

Note: Much information in this post is outdated. I'll update this post soon. (pcworld, 2011-09-17)
    In the meantime, have a look at this recent preview video:

------------------------------------

Hi all!

I'm happy to announce the app I have been working on for the last few months: a full-featured FTP client.

It works with almost all FTP servers out there. It's pretty fast, some actions are faster than on FileZilla on PCs.

It's not ready yet but I hope to get it into the App Catalog soon.
    The app (at least the current version) should work on webOS 1.4.5 too, but it will be in the App Catalog only for >= 2.1.0 (due to restrictions from HP).
    But I may sell the app outside the App Catalog too.

If there's enough interest, I'll add support for SFTP, FTPS and the like.
    There will be a (presumably private) beta version soon.

I haven't found a good name for the app yet - if you have some ideas, please tell me!

I'll redesign the user interface so it will look better on release.
    Some screenshots:
    Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image
    More:
    Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image Click to view quoted image

I'm looking forward for feedback!
    Just some names off the top of my head:
    webOS-FTP
    NovaFTP
    MobileFTP
    GoFTP
    TouchFTP

Good luck. Peace.
  2.    #82  
    @fred1955:
    The app is already released with the name "FTPit!".
    I'll update the first post as soon as there's a working version in the App Catalog.
    (There are currently issues with the license check I used that I couldn't test before submitting.)
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    I actually have a use for this as I design websites and code from my touchpad
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I actually have a use for this as I design websites and code from my touchpad
    I'll probably submit a hotfix today.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tesene View Post
    Thanks for developing this app! I purchased it and I have an issue. I an error when I try to connect to my server. It is a -100 error code. Strangely enough, I get the same error when I tap the local only button. Could it be having trouble accessing my local file structure?
    Hey, I'm also getting this same error, any suggestions?

Edit: ah just noticed the response - I look forward to the update!
    Thanks for developing this app! I purchased it and I have an issue. I an error when I try to connect to my server. It is a -100 error code. Strangely enough, I get the same error when I tap the local only button. Could it be having trouble accessing my local file structure?
    just purchased. Can't access anything.
  7.    #87  
    @epetru:
    Again, I'm sorry for it.
    I already submitted an update that should fix the problem. I hope HP approves it soon...
    Last edited by pcworld; 10/14/2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Is there no way to get this apart from the app catalog? I don't have access to paid apps, but I would really like an FTP client!

Maybe you could make a 'light' version and we could paypal some moneys?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapke View Post
    Is there no way to get this apart from the app catalog? I don't have access to paid apps, but I would really like an FTP client!

Maybe you could make a 'light' version and we could paypal some moneys?
    I'll PM you.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I stumbled across your app yesterday -- was actually thinking about developing something similar to be used as a simple web developing tool. Can't wait for the hotfix to be applied. How long do you think that will take? Thanks for building this!
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    I stumbled across your app yesterday -- was actually thinking about developing something similar to be used as a simple web developing tool. Can't wait for the hotfix to be applied. How long do you think that will take? Thanks for building this!
    The fix has been submitted, and I hope they will approve it today. Ben Combee told me he could e-mail Lisa (app review manager) for my app to get priority-reviewed.
    If you've already bought the app, then you can also send me an e-mail through the help menu and request the hotfix (if you're familiar with installing ipks).
    Hello, I'd like to request a hotfix but I cannot find your email address. Help. :-)
    Hello, I'd like to request a hotfix but I cannot find your email address. Help. :-)
    You can find it in the 'in application' help.
    Will do. Thanks!
    I got the hotfix ipk via e-mail & installed through webosquickinstall. It works great now.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbr View Post
    I got the hotfix ipk via e-mail & installed through webosquickinstall. It works great now.
    Thanks for your feedback. I hope HP will approve the public update very soon... :-/
    I got the hoxfix and installed it. Now I can see what's in my servers, and download stuff from there to my pre 2. Yeah!

However, I seem to have difficulty moving or changing the names of files on those servers. I do not have this problem when accessing them from my netbook. I get these errors:

Sorry, file/folder could not be renamed (error code 21, FTP code 421)

Sorry, the file/folder could not be moved (error code 21, FTP code 550)

Wonder if I need ftps?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    Sorry, file/folder could not be renamed (error code 21, FTP code 421)

Sorry, the file/folder could not be moved (error code 21, FTP code 550)
    FTP code 421 means: "Service not available, closing control connection"
    550: "Requested file action not taken; File unavailable"

Are you sure you weren't downloading the files while trying to rename?
    Could you try again when not downloading anything and not connected to the FTP server with another device?
    Nope, it still didn't rename. I wonder if there is something I'm missing in the configuration. As far as I know we don't need anything but the IP address, username, and password. There might be a sftp requirement? But I would think that I would not be able to even log-on if that were the case. Curious.

Maybe it's that active/passive thing? Just checked- Netbook is set to Passive as well.
    Last edited by duanedude1; 10/16/2011 at 03:04 PM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Got the hotfix thanks. FTP access is a great addition to webOS. Well done!

Can you please provide a reverse sort capability? Particularly 'by modification date' so that I can have the most recently modified at the top of the list.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast