Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Yes, local folder on the TouchPad. For example, if I had a folder in /media/internal/folder containing html files, CSS files, images, I would be able to view the html file rendered properly in the web browser.
  2.    #62  
    @un_designer
    Does the TouchPad browser support displaying local files? (The webOS 1/2 browser doesn't)
    If so, it's possible. If not, it would be possible too, but would require some coding
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Thanks
    Thanks
  5.    #65  
    @sickbane:
    You wanted to get your ten posts?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I'll buy a webos 1.4.5 version from you if you make one
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    I was wondering if this would be able to stream music from my FTP server. I am sure by default it wouldn't be able to but some kind of extension for a music player would be sweet. It would be awesome for me considering that is the easier way for me to access my files from anywhere. SFTP would also be nice considering it is more secure then regular ftp.
    You should check out the free app ampache mobile for your own music streaming to your phone.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...eHk-3A&cad=rja

Setting up the ampache server seemed a little intimidating, but if you have set up your own FTP server, you should have no problem...
    I have been dying for an FTP app, I hope you will make it available some way besides the app catalog. I don't know how many people are in my shoes, but I've doctored an old Pre Plus up to webOS 2 and now the app catalog is all weird for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @un_designer
    Does the TouchPad browser support displaying local files? (The webOS 1/2 browser doesn't)
    Yes!
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Would love the SFTP/SCP option, preferably with certificates, since my server is secured like that.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
    Would love the SFTP/SCP option, preferably with certificates, since my server is secured like that.
    Encryption may come in a future update. If so, FTPS first and then SFTP (since SFTP is another protocol, unlike FTPS).
    Not sure about standard SCP - does it support things like listing folders?

Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    I have been dying for an FTP app, I hope you will make it available some way besides the app catalog. I don't know how many people are in my shoes, but I've doctored an old Pre Plus up to webOS 2 and now the app catalog is all weird for me...
    Officially it's not allowed, since it would be against the developer agreement I have with HP... :-/

I've planned to submit the app to the AppCatalog this week.
    Kudos to you!

I have been waiting for a way to access servers thru FTP since PalmOS/Garnet had a couple of programs that could do it years ago! Want it for my Verizon Pre 2.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    bump
    I also would like SFTP/FTPS support and would happily beta test it on my touchpad, I have been longing for this feature since my original launch pre.
  15.    #75  
    FTPit! has been submitted to the App Catalog!
    I am sure it will popular considering the lack of competition.

That's got to be tricky to navigate and operate in two directories on webOS.

Can you edit the thread title or ask a moderator to do it?
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    That's got to be tricky to navigate and operate in two directories on webOS.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Can you edit the thread title or ask a moderator to do it?
    I've already talked with them and will as soon as the app is published.
    Thanks for developing this app! I purchased it and I have an issue. I an error when I try to connect to my server. It is a -100 error code. Strangely enough, I get the same error when I tap the local only button. Could it be having trouble accessing my local file structure?
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by tesene View Post
    Thanks for developing this app! I purchased it and I have an issue. I an error when I try to connect to my server. It is a -100 error code. Strangely enough, I get the same error when I tap the local only button. Could it be having trouble accessing my local file structure?
    It seems there's an issue with the license check I used. HP didn't provide me a way to test it before submitting.
    Ben Combee from webOS developer relations helped me to figure out what the problem is probably.
    I'm going to submit an update very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    It seems there's an issue with the license check I used. HP didn't provide me a way to test it before submitting.
    Ben Combee from webOS developer relations helped me to figure out what the problem is probably.
    I'm going to submit an update very soon.
    Thanks so much for your fast response. I am a developer on other platforms so I understand how it goes. I'll watch for the update. Keep up the good work!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast