Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #41  
    @panel:
    I plan to add support for SFTP/FTPS too, but this won't be ready in the first release.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @panel:
    I plan to add support for SFTP/FTPS too, but this won't be ready in the first release.
    That will be great, I will wait
    If you like my applications (SynoMusic, SynoDM, SynoFM) and want to donate for future upgrades and development
    Thank you for the follow-up. I can't wait to use it with my TouchPad. I will be happy to test it if needed.
    +1
    I'm looking for a FTP client too. Would be great to see one in the Catalogue or preware. If you need Tests I can do on Touchpad and Pre3
    I am really keen on having your FTP Client on the Pre2, when can we expect the Software to be available to install?
  6.    #46  
    Just FYI all, release is coming soon, and you can expect tons of new features not mentioned in the first post, including a redesigned user interface!
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Excited to see what happens! As of right now I only have a Pixi+, but I should have my Pre2 by the end of today. Are you still going to release the full version in the 2.x app catalogue?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib View Post
    Excited to see what happens! As of right now I only have a Pixi+, but I should have my Pre2 by the end of today. Are you still going to release the full version in the 2.x app catalogue?
    Yes, it will be in the 2.x and 3.x app catalog. Thanks for your interest!

The app will work full-screen on the TouchPad.
    A TouchPad-optimized Enyo-version of the app will probably be released later.
    ewalker101 likes this.
    Yes, it will be in the 2.x and 3.x app catalog. Thanks for your interest!

The app will work full-screen on the TouchPad.
    A TouchPad-optimized Enyo-version of the app will probably be released later.
    I will definately buy this when it comes out. Although, that does beg the question. I am now using just a Touchpad (as far as WebOS goes seeing as how there are no new WebOS phones on sprint to replace my broken one) and while I want this app now in the non Enyo version, I would also want that one. Will you be charging for these and if so will there be a way to move from one to the other or will we have to buy both of them?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Awesome job. Can't wait. I'm a web developer and Touchpad owner. I would be more than happy to join in your beta testing. Let me know at jeff at wickersty dot com.
    hi, thanks for the development of an ftp client. I would like to know if there is any chance to see the fxp feature some day? Thx
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    I will definately buy this when it comes out. Although, that does beg the question. I am now using just a Touchpad (as far as WebOS goes seeing as how there are no new WebOS phones on sprint to replace my broken one) and while I want this app now in the non Enyo version, I would also want that one. Will you be charging for these and if so will there be a way to move from one to the other or will we have to buy both of them?
    I'm not sure about that yet, but I would like to avoid that TouchPad-only-users would have to pay twice.
    More specific information will come on release.
    Quote Originally Posted by lebye View Post
    hi, thanks for the development of an ftp client. I would like to know if there is any chance to see the fxp feature some day? Thx
    Before implementing things lke FXP, I'll try to implement SFTP and/or FTPS.
    Once that's done and if there's enough interest or if it was easy to implement, I may also have a look at FXP.
    I'm not sure about that yet, but I would like to avoid that TouchPad-only-users would have to pay twice.
    More specific information will come on release.

Before implementing things lke FXP, I'll try to implement SFTP and/or FTPS.
    Once that's done and if there's enough interest or if it was easy to implement, I may also have a look at FXP.
    Will the client support both active and passive ftp modes? if not with this ver, are you planning on implementing both with future releases?
    thnx
    Do you by any chance have a list of all the features that will go into the first release?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by boomny View Post
    Will the client support both active and passive ftp modes? if not with this ver, are you planning on implementing both with future releases?
    thnx
    As far as I know passive mode is currently used by default.
    I can't promise that I'll implement active FTP, but I don't exclude it. What would be the advantage of active FTP?

Do you by any chance have a list of all the features that will go into the first release?
    I'll probably update the first post to include a feature list and recent screenshots within the next few days.
    As far as I know passive mode is currently used by default.
    I can't promise that I'll implement active FTP, but I don't exclude it. What would be the advantage of active FTP?
    The FTP server you are trying to connect to does not support passive FTP connections.
    The FTP server you are trying to connect to is behind a firewall, router, or NAT device.
  17.    #57  
    The FTP server you are trying to connect to does not support passive FTP connections.
    The FTP server you are trying to connect to is behind a firewall, router, or NAT device.
    Most times it's the client behind a firewall, but you're right, this could apply for some FTP servers as well.
    Doesn't seem to be too difficult to implement. But if it comes, then not in the first release but in some future update.
  18.    #58  
    I made a preview video of the latest version:
    Shows (new) features and user interface.

[Sorry for my not so good English and dialect ]
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/26/2011 at 11:23 AM.
    @pcworld this looks awesome! can't wait to see it released. one quick question: will this be able to browse local html folder and open/browse it with the browser? i often have a series of html files with images and hotspots linking them together to simulate a web app/web site experience to show clients and this has been one thing that's a huge gap for me. thanks!
  20.    #60  
    @un_designer
    What exactly do you mean with "local folder"? A folder stored on your phone, or on the server?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. So when your HTML files on FTP are e. g. in /var/www, you want to be able to open your files in the browser with
    Code:
    http://example.com/filein-var-www
    ?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast