Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by One Crayon View Post
    If after you use shift+arrow and the view bounces you start typing, is the selection that you made replaced with the new stuff you type? I'm unclear if the selection is getting reset or just the scroll position.

Also, what version of webOS are you using?
    It bounces before I enter any replacement text. I can press shift+arrow once and it will immediately bounce to the top.

If I type after it has bounced, it does replace the selected text at the original location. So it must be just the scroll position that is changing, not the selection. I hadn't noticed that before but now that I check that's clearly what is happening.

I have WebOS 3.0.5 on the Touchpad.

Thanks for the quick response.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    If I type after it has bounced, it does replace the selected text at the original location. So it must be just the scroll position that is changing, not the selection.
    Is this bug still affecting you after the update to TapNote 1.6? I have had trouble figuring out what is going wrong because I do not currently have a Bluetooth keyboard to test with, but I'd like to know if any of my changes to the scrolling code had any affect in the latest TapNote update.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I just installed the update (and did a Luna restart just in case), but it still does it.

Here's a quirky thing about it. If I press shift-right, it jumps to the top. If I then press shift-left, it jumps back. If I press shift-right twice, I have to press shift-left twice for it to go back. Likewise if I press shift-up, I have to press shift-down. Also, if after pressing shift-right, I press right (without shift), it goes back.

In other words, it jumps when there is a selection, but as soon as I have cleared the selection it goes back to the correct place.

I can also get this to happen without the bluetooth keyboard. I have the virtual keyboard with arrow keys installed. If I press shift and then an arrow key on the virtual keyboard, it does the same thing. Perhaps that will make it easier for you to test. (I did try uninstalling the modified virtual keyboard on the off chance it was the problem, but that also made no difference.)
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    One Crayon,

Any thoughts on using wiki formatting for Tapnote? That way Desktop wiki apps like Zim can be used together with Tapnote. Or it could be an ON/OFF feature.

For info: Zim stores its data as plain text files. See: Zim - a desktop wiki http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by getsun View Post
    Any thoughts on using wiki formatting for Tapnote? That way Desktop wiki apps like Zim can be used together with Tapnote. Or it could be an ON/OFF feature.
    Whoops, sorry for the late reply. I must have missed the notification email when you posted.

Were you picturing having tools to help with inserting wiki markup? Or having TapNote actually parse the markup and display it differently than plain text?
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    tapnote is good but i stopped using it after i found Noted in preware...combine noted with resophnotes(u have to open simple-note a/c which is free) client on ur PC and its awesssome .....u have sms and email option too within the app and its really handy feature...so i'll recommend noted to anyone over Tapnote as both are text app but noted is way more useful than Tapnote
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    u have sms and email option too within the app and its really handy feature
    You can already email notes from TapNote. I've never had any one request sending notes as a text message before. What is your use case for this?
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Whoops, sorry for the late reply. I must have missed the notification email when you posted.

Were you picturing having tools to help with inserting wiki markup? Or having TapNote actually parse the markup and display it differently than plain text?
    Both.
    You can already email notes from TapNote. I've never had any one request sending notes as a text message before. What is your use case for this?
    ya email feature this there ..never noticed may b bcoz partly i never got the need to email the document and partly the feature is not visible directly ,one has to drop-down the menu to see it...
    main thing i like abt noted which is not there in tapnote i believe is
    -Inline tagging i.e. u dont need to remember file name , u type any keyword relevant to ur file and it'll bring all the files related to that keyword u r searching , it becomes Very Useful if u do lot of saving ur internet browsing in text files and may want to search that particular info in future in PC ,in case of TapNote-Dropbox combo u have to go to ur dropbox folder in ur PC to find that text file u r looking..also u have to remember the text file name.
    -v fast syncing even on GPRS / EDGE , bcoz dropbox can be slow ,first - if u dont keep it ON all the time on ur PC
    Second - ur dropbox is having big big files...

SMS feature is handy for sharing something wid friends immediately...
    TapNote is very Neat too but slow syncing bcoz of dropbox and absence of inline tagging moved me away .
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    I had been running both Tapnote and Tapnote Lite on my Pre- (WebOS 1.4.5) so I could access two DropBox accounts at once without comingling the files. I figured that was less hassle than putting in a feature request for some convoluted multi-account support.

I've just upgraded to a Pre2 (webOS 2.1) and I can't figure out how to make the two use the different accounts. Do I need to uninstall & reinstall in a particular order?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    I've just upgraded to a Pre2 (webOS 2.1) and I can't figure out how to make the two use the different accounts. Do I need to uninstall & reinstall in a particular order?
    Order shouldn't matter, but you likely will need to uninstall and reinstall both of them (migrating to a new phone brings along most of the preferences that the app needs to get up and running, but breaks the connection to Dropbox).

Let me know if you have any trouble!
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    That did the trick. I uninstalled both, reinstalled & set up Lite, then did the same for full Tapnote.Thanks, I really love TapNote. It's more elegant than Epistle on Android, especially at dealing with conflicts.

On a side note, have you considered using the recently released Enyo code to port Tapnote to Android? I'd buy TapNote for Android in a heartbeat. (Plus, that keeps you developing in Enyo and maybe releasing apps for our shrinking WebOS world.)

On the wiki thing, there was a PalmOS hack that could give wiki-type features to memos, addressbook, and the dialer. I had hundreds of small, atomic memos that were cross-linked so I didn't need to update multiple documents.That was, to be honest, quite awesome.

I think if you could enable searching that would probably give 70% of the functionality and be a lot less effort.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by kigmatzomat View Post
    On a side note, have you considered using the recently released Enyo code to port Tapnote to Android?
    I've considered this, and done some testing of the cross-platform app development waters using Enyo 2 for my app TapWatch, but I'm not at all happy with Enyo 2's performance across platforms or the amount of work that's necessary to port an app between them. Even for platforms using the same basic browser (WebKit on webOS and iOS, for instance), the implementation is so different that a ton of things have to be changed and tested to support one platform or the other.

I haven't given up on TapNote, but I am still figuring out where I want to take it from here.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Code:
    Found a bug,  selecting document stats on a new/empty note freezes the app showing the menu with selected 'document stats' entry. 

Could you add a '+' symbol in the append dialog to have the option to store in new note, here:
    http://www.uplood.fr/visu.php?url=http://img2.uplood.fr/freepalm/yt4d_from_my_palm_pre_tapnote_2012-20-04_010636.png
    Any chance the adding a URL via the webOS Browser sharing patch into new note will be possible in a new update?
    I've considered this, and done some testing of the cross-platform app development waters using Enyo 2 for my app TapWatch, but I'm not at all happy with Enyo 2's performance across platforms or the amount of work that's necessary to port an app between them.
    Unfortunate. Well, here's hoping the new Enyo2 release incorproates those hard-to-migrate functions and boosts performance. I've got an Android tablet and currently use Epistle but I'd happily buy TapNote for it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My vote would be for a Zim / Tomboy / Gnote compatible app. And to be able to store the files on a private server.

I've considered this, and done some testing of the cross-platform app development waters using Enyo 2 for my app TapWatch, but I'm not at all happy with Enyo 2's performance across platforms or the amount of work that's necessary to port an app between them. Even for platforms using the same basic browser (WebKit on webOS and iOS, for instance), the implementation is so different that a ton of things have to be changed and tested to support one platform or the other.

I haven't given up on TapNote, but I am still figuring out where I want to take it from here.
    According to the developer One Crayon, Tapnote is no longer supported by Dropbox. Unfortunaly the API used by Tapnote to synchronize notes has been deprecated by Dropbox and should no longer work.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123