Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    Are Tomboy files plain text? And is this Tomboy the Tomboy you are referring to? I looked over that site, but wasn't able to find any information about the file format on a first pass.

There are various file formats that I am thinking about supporting down the road (in addition to .txt) and if Tomboy is a plain text format I will certainly consider it.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Quote Originally Posted by One Crayon View Post
    Are Tomboy files plain text? And is this Tomboy the Tomboy you are referring to? I looked over that site, but wasn't able to find any information about the file format on a first pass.

There are various file formats that I am thinking about supporting down the road (in addition to .txt) and if Tomboy is a plain text format I will certainly consider it.
    Yes, that is the main site of Tomboy. It is packaged in most Linux distributions, and also available on Windows ans OSX. The files are XML based. Come to think about it: it is probably better to create a transition on the Tomboy side. Maybe I'll have a go on it one of these days...

Rob
  3.    #23  
    Since the files are XML it would at least be possible to parse them in TapNote. I'll add it to my list of feature requests and consider it for a future version.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    It looks like Preware has the paid App Catalog feeds disabled by default (pretty sure I haven't modified the preferences in Preware, at least, and paid App Catalog is disabled for me). If you're regularly searching for App Catalog apps in Preware, you might want to head to Manage Feeds in the app menu and enable that feed.
    Oh ya! my bad. I have paid apps turned off right now. Doh [facepalm]
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Since the files are XML it would at least be possible to parse them in TapNote. I'll add it to my list of feature requests and consider it for a future version.
    I modified a piece of python code to import tapnotes in Tomboy.
    something weird just happened to me. I have Tapnote lite running on my TP, and got a notification of an update when I launched it, and so I updated Tapnote lite. When I relaunched Tapnote lite and entered my Dropbox acc info, none of my notes synced back down.

I can see the files when I log on to dropbox.com, but I get them to sync down to my TP. Help!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    something weird just happened to me. I have Tapnote lite running on my TP, and got a notification of an update when I launched it, and so I updated Tapnote lite. When I relaunched Tapnote lite and entered my Dropbox acc info, none of my notes synced back down.
    That is indeed weird. Did you delete the app before you downloaded the update? Theoretically, it should not have been asking for your Dropbox credentials if you had previously hooked it up to Dropbox. I will test the upgrading process later this evening to see if I can find an issue either way.

If the sync is running but nothing is happening, you might also have run into a problem on the TouchPad where app databases are sometimes lost by the system (working with other devs and HP to try and track this issue down).

The quickest way currently to get back up and running is to delete the app (hold down on it in the launcher until an X button shows up) and then reinstall it from the App Catalog. I am looking into ways to reset the app without needing to delete it and reinstall, but those will have to come in a future update.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    No, I did not delete the app before doing the update. I got the update notification when I opened the app actually, so I just clicked on the notification, which launched the App Catalog where I clicked on the Upgrade button.

Anyhow, it looks like deleting and re-downloading the app resolved the issue.
    @ One Crayon

thanks for the app as I use DropBox daily!..this'll be the first app I buy once I get my Pre3
    Does the Lite version not sync Carriage Returns? All of my notes are only on one line.
    is tjere a way to search for .txt documents by filename? I am using the Touchpad paid version.
    What happened to Tapnote Lite for the Pre? I just d/l it the other day before I had to doctor my phone, and today when I went to check the app no longer shows up.
    Just purchased the app and so far I like it. One request though, since HP seems to be partnering with box.net, and giving TP owners 50gb free, anyway to support box.net sync?
  14.    #34  
    Darn it, I don't know why I haven't been getting notifications about posts in this thread. Here's some delayed responses:

Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Does the Lite version not sync Carriage Returns? All of my notes are only on one line.
    You must be using Windows Notepad to view your documents, which is not capable of rendering the Unix-style linebreaks that are standard on WebOS. You can have TapNote convert to Windows-style linebreaks automatically in the Advanced Preferences (for the paid version) or the Help menu (for the Lite version). On phones, Advanced Preferences are in the app menu after you open the Preferences. On TouchPad, tap the "..." button after you open the preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96
    is tjere a way to search for .txt documents by filename? I am using the Touchpad paid version
    Not yet; this and at least one choice of theme are the two things that have not yet made it over from the phone version. Both are coming at some point in a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer
    What happened to Tapnote Lite for the Pre? I just d/l it the other day before I had to doctor my phone, and today when I went to check the app no longer shows up.
    HP ignored my instructions to mark TapNote Lite (and the paid version, for that matter) as compatible with all WebOS devices. Currently the App Catalog automatically forces developers to choose TouchPad-only for any app that has Enyo code in it, and HP has not proven very good about manually adjusting system requirements for apps that bundle both Mojo and Enyo in one package.

An update is submitted to once again try and get it marked as compatible on phones, but I do not know when they will approve it. App submissions have been really hit or miss since the TouchPad release.

Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx
    Just purchased the app and so far I like it. One request though, since HP seems to be partnering with box.net, and giving TP owners 50gb free, anyway to support box.net sync?
    Not at the moment. Box.net is not as good a fit for a number of reasons (not as easy to use as Dropbox, API is hidden behind a registration barrier so not easy to evaluate, etc.), and the time necessary to implement and support a second API on top of Dropbox is extremely daunting. At the moment, I would rather spend my time implementing some of the awesome new features that I've been dreaming about for months while rewriting the app for TouchPad. I feel like I've been treading water with TapNote for far too long, what with the nine months that Dropbox sync took to get out the door and the need to rewrite the app to run natively on TouchPad immediately afterward.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to post here (or email me if you want a faster response)! I don't know why this thread hasn't been notifying me of new stuff, but hopefully it will kick back in.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Just tried to update to new version and getting failure on download, now unable to use it on my TP. Any idea what is going on? I know usually it is an HP issue, but other apps in the catalog seem to be working fine.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    Just tried to update to new version and getting failure on download, now unable to use it on my TP. Any idea what is going on? I know usually it is an HP issue, but other apps in the catalog seem to be working fine.
    This was indeed an HP App Catalog issue, but should be resolved. Let me know if you run into any other problems!
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Any progress with Tomboy notes support?
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
    Any progress with Tomboy notes support?
    No; as per my original post, it is a feature I will consider longer term, but not something I am planning to implement short term. Note that it also may not fit in with my overall strategy for supporting multiple types of documents; since I haven't started work on supporting things other than .txt I have not sat down and drawn out exactly how it will look.
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I'm having a little issue with text selection in TapNote. When using the bluetooth keyboard, if I hold the shift key and use an arrow key, it jumps to the beginning of the document. Windows has trained me that holding shift means text will be selected, and holding ctrl will jump. So whenever I want to change a word, I reflexively hold the shift key and suddenly I am in the wrong place.

It actually looks like text is being selected, right before it bounces to the top of the document.

I don't have this issue in QuickOffice, WritePad, PocketMirror's Notes app, etc. Just TapNote.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    It actually looks like text is being selected, right before it bounces to the top of the document.
    If after you use shift+arrow and the view bounces you start typing, is the selection that you made replaced with the new stuff you type? I'm unclear if the selection is getting reset or just the scroll position.

Also, what version of webOS are you using?
    Ian Beck
    Maker of TapNote
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast