Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Alex A.
    [QUOTE=Rakashazi;2936047]Hmm, is there any way you can test the fstab fixed worked correctly, maybe another app from the catalog that writes to /media/internal ?

ill give it a shot....
  2. Alex A.
    Well I just finished playing NOVA. That saved just fine.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex A. View Post
    Well I just finished playing NOVA. That saved just fine.
    Ok, and you're sure that game creates new files in a directory accessible when putting your phone in USB storage mode?
  4.    #24  
    Here's the correct fstab entry for /media/internal write access in 1.4.5:

/dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat utf8,shortname=mixed,umask=0000 0 0

Make sure your /etc/fstab has that line exactly as shown and you've rebooted since modifying the file.

Btw, I'm still having issues with my developer account so I might post the next Snes9x update here for you guys to test out until I can get it on the App Catalog.
  5. Alex A.
    My apologies for my ignorance, but how exactly do i get to see what your describing. I read all the forums about it but im still not exactly sure how to do it. The official forums mention having shell access to edit the /etc/fstab file and changing the line with /dev/mapper/store-media as you wrote.

I was thinking it was a hidden file that would become visible when I plug my Pre to my PC but I didnt see anything.

I appreciate you looking into this, definitly want to enjoy your app.
  6.    #26  
    If you don't have the SDK installed with novaterm that gives you shell access, I'd just install the file browser Internalz Pro from Preware. Use it to open /etc/fstab and verify the entry is correct, remember to scroll horizontally to see the full line in the text viewer.
  7. Alex A.
    Well I did install Internalz Pro and verified the line item and it matches exactly.
    Could the the way I set up my directory be an issue? All I have is /PALM PRE (F/Roms with my games in it. Should my directory be elsewhere? I keep getting is the little red banner in the bottom that says "NO STATE EXIST".
  8.    #28  
    Should my directory be elsewhere? I keep getting is the little red banner in the bottom that says "NO STATE EXIST".
    The directory can be anywhere so that shouldn't cause an issue. One thing to check, after you select the save state option, Does the load state text become white or stay gray in the menu? If it's gray that means the file wasn't even created, if it's white then something was at least written to the phone. Also, you've rebooted since patching the fstab file correct?
  9. Alex A.
    It definitly stays gray. Yes, I have rebooted.
  10.    #30  
    Thought of a workaround you can try. Use Internalz to move the game(s) to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.explusalpha.snes9x/ which is the app's directory and should always have write access. Do the saves work then?
  11. Alex A.
    Yes! it worked! Interesting.
  12. Alex A.
    So it looks like ( in my case) the directory was the issue. So i would have to move games into my "Roms" folder in the "Street Fighter" folder (Ex Plus Alpha lol!) using Internalz Pro.
    Last edited by Alex A.; 04/15/2011 at 01:50 PM.
  13.    #33  
    So it looks like ( in my case) the directory was the issue. So i would have to move games into my "Roms" folder in the "Street Fighter" folder (Ex Plus Alpha lol!) using Internalz Pro.
    Good to hear it's working, I guess the fstab fix didn't affect your device for some reason. The games should work just fine in the app's directory but be careful if you uninstall the app since all your saves will be removed along with it this way.

Btw, my new Gameboy Color emulator is almost ready to go and I hope to have a Pixi/Pre port released soon if Palm fixes my developer account. Among other issues I've been having with it, the Snes9x 1.3.19 update has been listed as "ready for review" for 2 weeks now and other platforms are already on 1.3.22.
  14. Alex A.
    I wish I could find out why exactly I could not save states in the directory I initially had. But I guess it may have some thing to do with the model phone I have or may be the phone itself. My Sprint Palm Pre does act a little screwy at times.

Looking forward to your new release. Let me know if you need a beta guinea pig. If anything sets your emulator (other than ease of use) apart from the other snes emulator is your customer service.

Let me know if you would like any feedback.

Thanks for your dedication to your product.
    I wish I could find out why exactly I could not save states in the directory I initially had. But I guess it may have some thing to do with the model phone I have or may be the phone itself. My Sprint Palm Pre does act a little screwy at times.

Looking forward to your new release. Let me know if you need a beta guinea pig. If anything sets your emulator (other than ease of use) apart from the other snes emulator is your customer service.

Let me know if you would like any feedback.

Thanks for your dedication to your product.
    just curious as to how you created the directory. If you created it in windows, the directory may not have write access. you should be able to change that in internalz, or through the terminal app. i'm not an expert on this kind of thing though!
    Last edited by pezman726; 04/20/2011 at 11:48 AM.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    just curious as to how you created the directory. If you created it in windows, the directory may not have write access. you should be able to change that in internalz, or through the terminal app. i'm not an expert on this kind of thing though!
    /media/internal is formatted as FAT so it doesn't have per-file permissions. There's one set of permissions determined by the OS that apply to all files on it so something else must be going on.

Unfortunately the Snes9x update is still in limbo. I've contacted support about it again but still no reply. However, my new emulator GBC.emu for Gameboy Color was approved in less than a day and is now on the App Catalog. I'll start a new thread about it shortly
    Hey, I tried downloading Internalz Pro through preware but it says there's an IPKG log failure or something like that. I can't do anything, this is very frustrating. I have no idea what to do. Savestate isn't working. Someone take me through a step by step process of how to fix this? PLEASE. I'm incredibly frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakashazi View Post
    If you don't have the SDK installed with novaterm that gives you shell access, I'd just install the file browser Internalz Pro from Preware. Use it to open /etc/fstab and verify the entry is correct, remember to scroll horizontally to see the full line in the text viewer.
    Hey, Internalz Pro won't install at all on my Pixi. Any idea why? This is really frustrating. I just want to be able to enjoy this app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12