Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree21Likes
    Interesting! Will have to give it a look.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    I just loaded up my 32,216 person GEDCOM, which was 8.3mb and it works beautifully! 32gb TouchPad
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by weymouthdg View Post
    I just loaded up my 32,216 person GEDCOM, which was 8.3mb and it works beautifully! 32gb TouchPad
    Wow, I'm impressed. That's a huge file, biggest one I've heard of. So glad it's working for you! Please let me know here or via support@jbgapps.com if you run into any issues.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  4.    #104  
    Arg. Looks like the most recent update to GenTreeHD (v0.3.8), which will be in the app catalog any minute now, has a bug that makes it impossible to tap on the pedigree chart when it is smaller than the window. Sorry about that!

I've fixed the bug and will have a new version in the catalog as soon as I can.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say that I love this app. It has gotten me interested in genealogy and my parents back into it. Hope this app hasn't been abandoned.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Palm III -> IBM WorkPad c3 -> Palm TX -> HP Touchpad
  6.    #106  
    Glad you like it! It is not abandoned, though I haven't done much with it for a while. But I'm still here!
    ka1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Good to know. Keep up the great work. Thanks! :-)

Where did everybody go?This is a great app.
  9.    #109  
    Still here. So glad you like it!
    The Blackberry platform is devoid of genealogy apps. An Android app is being ported in but using it requires installation of their program at a monthly subscription on your PC. Your approach is much better and would fit in with the BBPB multitasking which is much like HPTP. The new BB10 upgrade hopefully won't change that. Your approach through the GED files is much better with a small tablet leaving the heavy lifting to the desktop tablet. I put a screen shot of your app from the HP store on a Crackberry forum. Are you considering trying other platforms beside webOS?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    A feature I would really like to see added is an indicator for the gender of individuals. It could be something really simple like light blue/pink backgrounds or just the gender symbols.

--*Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  12.    #112  
    Do you mean on the tree view? I could probably do something to make that clear.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I was actually thinking everywhere it could be added (and still look good of course): individual list, individual details, people in family details, and the tree view.

I know that is a lot of places and it may be difficult/impossible to do and keep the app looking good. If it is too much of an issue the two big places for me are the tree view and the people in the family details section.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456