Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everybody,

I love endgadget but in my country (France) i don't have access to the engadget app, which is free.

I would love if someone could just upload the ipk so i can install it with internalz.

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas_92
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    I have the same problem. I want to test engadget app, other wise, I'll created one !
    is this legal?
    ill be happy to upload it if it is, and someone tells me where the ipk is....
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    use an rss reader or the mobile website instead. engadget has dropped development and you can't even view the comments since they changed the format to disqus
  5.    #5  
    Thanks... I wouldn't why this woudn't be legal!

Btw, comments don't work on the mobile site either :/

So if someone upload it i would be very thankful

Before anyone can share that IPK, we need to find out if this violates the sites policies. Even though an application may be 'free', it is still the intellectual property of the developer.
    The app doesn't work on webOS 2.1 FYI.. it initially loads and shows its splash screen but doesn't get any farther than that.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    The app doesn't work on webOS 2.1 FYI.. it initially loads and shows its splash screen but doesn't get any farther than that.
    Try re-installing it, it works on my pre2 with 2.1
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
    it works great for me on the pre2
    It works on my Sprint Pre Plus 2.1.0
    ah..it does work...don't remember having to choose one of the options on the splash screen before (main, hd, mobile)..maybe I did on very first launch..anyway I stand corrected!
    it's now available in the app catalog for france !
  13.    #13  
    Awesome! What a coincidence. We now just need the ability to read/write comments

It's a lot easier to just use engadgets mobile page.
    Started using the mobile version after seeing these posts. I like the app, but hate how it launches a browser page whenever there's an embedded video...
  16.    #16  
    I prefer a lot the app, even if it doesn't support comment...

Mobile version split posts, don't show headlines, video don't work, and comments don't work (reading/writing) either.

The only avantage is to be able to open multiple cards with stacks feature.

You can use ipkfetcher
    Newness Developments apps:

Honestly, the app sucks. it is laggy and seems to not function the way you would expect it to. Loads very slow too.

the mobile website has all of the same info and is much easier to navigate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Honestly, the app sucks. it is laggy and seems to not function the way you would expect it to. Loads very slow too.

the mobile website has all of the same info and is much easier to navigate.
    That and sometimes you select an article, it opens in the app then pops up a web page, so you close out the web page and go back to the app. things seem OK but now you can't back up to the list of articles and have to close out the app (sometimes) or while you are trying to scroll the article, it keeps opening a web page.
    Well, they released an update to the app recently. How does it fare now?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast