Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of new versions of KalemSoft Media Player/Streamer. These are applications to stream live/static media content from your personal PC to your Pre/Pixi device. And now the Pre version of the player can play many media types right on the device as well! Please check out the previous beta version thread for more information about what these applications can do.

The new versions have the following added features:

Update v0.3.0 - 06/08/2011 (requires KalemSoft Media Streamer v1.0.3)
    =================================================

- Portrait mode and accelerometer support for switching between portrait and landscape modes
    - Support for changing aspect ratio on the fly
    - New GUI
    - Minor bug fixes

Update (excludes Pixi): v0.2.1 - 04/16/2011
    =================================
    - Bug fix for streaming problems

v0.2.0 - 04/13/2011
    ==============================
    - Support for playing common media codecs and containers
    on the device (e.g., divx, xvid, wmv, wma, avi, mkv, etc.)

- Playback resume feature via context menu
    (hold and release an item in the list for bringing up the context menu)
    - File browser scrolling and file selection fix for WebOS 2.0 and above
    - Other minor bug fixes

Kalemsoft Media Player v0.1.5, KalemSoft Media Streamer v1.0.2
    ================================================
    - Support for progressive download
    - Time-shifting support for live streams
    - Button controls for quickly skipping to next/prev item in playlist
    - Shuffle, loop support for playlists
    - Mute button
    - Direct connection with hostname in addition to IP address (for dynamic DNS)
    - Minor GUI enhancements
    - Support for activation to full version from within the application
    - Offline transcoding/file conversion support on the streamer
    - Added support for .mkv and .ogm media files

The new versions can be found here or on Preware.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Last edited by KalemSoft; 06/09/2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Great! I can finally watch ALL my media wherever I go! I'm glad to see this leave beta. The only thing missing, is the grabbing of .A_S_S(forums don't like that without the underscores) and .sub subtitles from within .mkv and .ogm files. Unless that option is there. I noticed in the streamer an option for closed captions. How does that work?

Other than that, this is golden. Definitely worth every penny.
    grappler likes this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I installed the PC software on Windows 7 and the app on my Pre. It mostly worked, it was very cool, for sure, to browse to a video on my computer from my Pre and stream it to my Pre and play it.

I seem to run into a few issues, sometimes I had to close the app and reload it to stream the next video.

Also, I noticed I was able to access the cable channels routing through my PC, though I never tried it.

I did learn however that performing the changes to the wireless router required and the install of the PC software caused my router to stop traffic to the PC after a little while.

I put the router back to its previous settings and removed the PC app and the connection was restored.

I will re-visit this when I have more time to deal with it.

But I for sure think this could be one of the coolest apps on my phone if I can get it running without messing with my router.

Thanks for developing it!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I'm not an expert on this, but all you are doing is opening one port right? This should not affect your connection at all.
    So far I love the update. Any plans to add a resume feature? Also, I see playlists mentioned in the changelog, how do I create one?
    What will progressive downloads do? Does the media buffer to a server instead of the phone, or am I misunderstanding what this means?

Edit: Nevermind, I just read your help documentation here http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/docs/ksmp/ksmph-2.html Thanks.
    Last edited by FidelitySyndrom; 03/21/2011 at 03:31 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    So far I love the update. Any plans to add a resume feature? Also, I see playlists mentioned in the changelog, how do I create one?
    There is no support for creating multiple custom playlists on the device yet. This is work in progress. For now, you can do it on the server by organizing files in different directories per playlist or by creating shortcuts to them. Also, a single playlist can be created on the device by adding items to favorites list on the device. Hold and release an item to bring up the context menu and then select "Add to Favorites". The list can be accessed via Favorites button. The shuffle or loop option will work on the currently playing list whether that is a directory on the remote server, your favorites list or your recordings on the device, etc.

By the resume feature, did you imply the ability to continue a stream from where you left off the last time you played it? If so, that is in the list of items for the next version.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    Great! I can finally watch ALL my media wherever I go! I'm glad to see this leave beta. The only thing missing, is the grabbing of .A_S_S(forums don't like that without the underscores) and .sub subtitles from within .mkv and .ogm files. Unless that option is there. I noticed in the streamer an option for closed captions. How does that work?

Other than that, this is golden. Definitely worth every penny.
    We are looking at subtitling support. The closed captions works in a similar way but it is for capture cards supporting this feature. It is not meant for streaming from files.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Is there an instance of the streamer available for a Linux system?

Hans
    For the next update would you consier adding the ability to run music in card view? Video would be great too, but especially music as listening is limited by the inability to multitask.
  11. 44
    I am trying out this media streamer\player for and have ran into a problem. There is no audio when accessing a live stream (analog TV). Everything else seems OK.

Here is my setup:
    - Windows XP Pro SP3 -
    - ECS A770M motherboard -
    - Realtek ALC883 onboard audio
    - MyGica (Geniatech) X8550A tuner card. -

When setting up the channel lineup, I can choose between "None", "Analog TV" and "Realtek HD Audio Input" for the audio device. None of them result in audio being steamed, video is OK though.

Suggestions anyone?
    Thanks all.

While feature request are flying around, I'll put one out there too. How about adding .JPG viewing?

P.S. Great work so far!
    Last edited by 44; 03/22/2011 at 04:36 PM.
    I love this app and the new features. I HIGHLY recommend this app if you like to watch tv and movies at work like me The progressive scan works great.

Only thing I would like to see is the no pause in card view.
    other than that this app is GREAT !!!!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We are looking at subtitling support. The closed captions works in a similar way but it is for capture cards supporting this feature. It is not meant for streaming from files.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Awesome! That is the only thing missing that I've come across. Everything else is perfect. Would gladly donate another $5 if/when that is included. I really hope that makes it into the next version!
    I am having a problem with the touch recognition. It is so sensitive that when I try to tap it either does nothing or it scrolls the list instead of selecting. With persistence, I can eventually get it select, but it is very frustrating. This issue only started happening when I installed 2.1 on a print pre plus. I have since gotten a pre 2 and it has the same issue. Do you have 2.1 devices to test with?
    I should note that the touch recognition is perfect in the player, just the menus are bad.
  16.    #16  
    I am having a problem with the touch recognition. It is so sensitive that when I try to tap it either does nothing or it scrolls the list instead of selecting. With persistence, I can eventually get it select, but it is very frustrating. This issue only started happening when I installed 2.1 on a print pre plus. I have since gotten a pre 2 and it has the same issue. Do you have 2.1 devices to test with?
    Please download the update. This issue has been addressed.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Awesome...thanks for the update! I was having the same issue. Back to being one of my indispensible apps....
    I can't seem to stream anything now. The buffer gets to 25% then force closes. Anybody else notice this?
  19.    #19  
    I can't seem to stream anything now. The buffer gets to 25% then force closes. Anybody else notice this?
    Thanks for reporting this. We noticed an issue with streaming (especially with progressive download) that was introduced with 0.2.0 release. Version 0.2.1 that is available now should address this.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Best program ever! This is awesome!! Thank you so much.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast