Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quality is definitely improved. The load time is still instant. Where its at, I'd call the video passable. Is there any chance you could give it one more bump in quality? Anything with a solid color (like a wall) is still pixelated. The edges of people get pixelated as well. Video with little noise on my PC is quite full of noise on the TP.

If you'd like a sample video, let me know, i can upload one for you to try.

Beyond that though, I am very impressed how smooth the software runs considering the realtime encoding.

Thanks.
    My trail version does not recognize any Divx formats (doesn't matter which folder I place them in, my Touchpad doesn't see them). It plays the .avi files just fine but no Divx. Is this normal behavior for the trial version? I'm using ver 0.3.3.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    My trail version does not recognize any Divx formats (doesn't matter which folder I place them in, my Touchpad doesn't see them). It plays the .avi files just fine but no Divx. Is this normal behavior for the trial version? I'm using ver 0.3.3.
    What is the extension of the files?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    What is the extension of the files?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    .divx

So far, I've tried two different files that have the extension .divx and neither were recognized by the Kalemsoft player.

Here is the playing file info for one of the files:

*** DIRECTSHOW FILTER LIST ***
    1. Default DirectSound Device
    2. VMR9 - Renderless mode
    3. AC3Filter
    4. Gretech Video
    5. Gretech Audio
    6. MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
    7. AVI Splitter
    8. Gretech File Stream

*** VIDEO INFO ***
    Input Type : XVID(GVC)
    Input Size : 624 x 256
    Output Type : YUY2
    Output Size : 624 x 256
    FrameRate(Frame/sec) : 23.70 (23.98)

*** AUDIO INFO ***
    SampleRate(Sample/sec) : 48000
    BitRate(Bit/sample) : 16
    Channels : 2
    KBitRate(KBit/sec) : 159
    Last edited by Achill3s; 08/16/2011 at 03:52 PM.
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    .divx

So far, I've tried two different files that have the extension .divx and neither were recognized by the Kalemsoft player.

Here is the playing file info for one of the files:

*** DIRECTSHOW FILTER LIST ***
    1. Default DirectSound Device
    2. VMR9 - Renderless mode
    3. AC3Filter
    4. Gretech Video
    5. Gretech Audio
    6. MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
    7. AVI Splitter
    8. Gretech File Stream

*** VIDEO INFO ***
    Input Type : XVID(GVC)
    Input Size : 624 x 256
    Output Type : YUY2
    Output Size : 624 x 256
    FrameRate(Frame/sec) : 23.70 (23.98)

*** AUDIO INFO ***
    SampleRate(Sample/sec) : 48000
    BitRate(Bit/sample) : 16
    Channels : 2
    KBitRate(KBit/sec) : 159
    Just rename the file extension to .avi and see if that works. From the codec specs, it looks like it should.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Ok, trying it now.... brb.

Edit: Yep, that worked! Thanks.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Is it possible to play all files in a remote folder (accessed via the server application) in order, automatically? {Jonathan}
    I've downloaded a bunch of .wma music files: shouldnt i be able to play them in sequence/order on after another?

Other than that, I love your app: saved us a lot of headaches of converting files!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    I've downloaded a bunch of .wma music files: shouldnt i be able to play them in sequence/order on after another?

Other than that, I love your app: saved us a lot of headaches of converting files!
    Currently you cannot play in sequential order, but you can play in random order by enabling the shuffle option. We will add sequential order playback support to a future release.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    tried to play a mp4 which i ripped from a .flv. crashed twice. any idea? it's only 48mB. no problem playing off my galaxy tab.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo_sg View Post
    tried to play a mp4 which i ripped from a .flv. crashed twice. any idea? it's only 48mB. no problem playing off my galaxy tab.
    Hi,

Could you please let us know a few things:

1. What is your device type?
    2. Does the problem get solved if you restart your device?
    3. Would you be able to upload the mp4 file to an ftp server for us to have a look at it? We will send you the server info if so.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Hi,

I am thinking about buying your app for the touchpadand I have a few questions:

1) I am mainly going to be playing music videos from the memory. Does your app support playlists? Random play for playlist?

2) What would be the optimal resolution/filetype/codec to use in your opinion with your app for the touchpad if I want to balance size/quality for music videos converted from dvds? What about movies converted from dvds?
    Hello,

How long until the release of a media player for the HP TP, or have my skills of searching missed it?

I thought the one released now was compatible but has some problems so I am guessing that I have the wrong version installed.

2 of the problems I have from installing the media player on my HPTP.

1. When pressing local media and scrolling down the screen, the folder names on the bottom half of the screen become distorted when scrolling down the list of files, all you get are a lot of white lines of what the text used to be. They also stay like this when scrolling all the way back to the top.

2. If you press the screen and get into a folder, once you choose your file the aspect it chooses to use/play in is really odd, though the file does play. For instance, if i am holding the pad vertically, the film plays on the landscape aspect (on its side) Think turning your television on its side and then having to turn your head on its side to watch it. If you then turn the Pad to the side so it is horizontal the file changes and starts plays vertically (with black bars on the side due to the decreased size) but again as if watching your television on its side. Quite strange. All the files I have play fine on my laptop/tv streamers etc.

3. Even if someone doesn't mind watching the file with their head turned to the side, the screen is a little messed up, like the movie/tv show etc has split on the screen so you can see it playing in more than one area, like it has been repeated. There are also a box of lines that pop up when starting the file which go away after a few seconds.

I am sure this is all because the version I am using isn't for the HP TouchPad. So can we expect a player any time soon?

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by chiefo; 08/25/2011 at 03:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hi,

Go to the Kalem soft homepage and download version 0.3.3 for TP and your problems are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Quality is definitely improved. The load time is still instant. Where its at, I'd call the video passable. Is there any chance you could give it one more bump in quality? Anything with a solid color (like a wall) is still pixelated. The edges of people get pixelated as well. Video with little noise on my PC is quite full of noise on the TP.
    Thanks.

+1

I would love an extra bump of quality. The current quality seems like a perfect medium setting, but is far away from high for "normal" videos. (Cartoons look OK in the current version.)
    what is the status of getting subtitles working?
    Quote Originally Posted by boerner View Post
    what is the status of getting subtitles working?
    In another thread the Kalem dev said it is a top priority in the pipeline. Look for it in the next couple releases.
    Is this program strictly CPU driven, or is it optimized to use the GPU?
    Does Kalemsoft Media Player for Touchpad support UTF8? Some of my video files include Korean letters in their names and those filenames do not display correctly in KalemSoftMediaPlayer (both App Catalog version or 0.3.7 beta version). With Eagle K15C kernel or UberKernel 3.0.2-52, other programs seem to be okay with those filenames. Could you guys please check and fix this? Thanks so much.
    Last edited by jikhanjung; 09/06/2011 at 03:01 AM.
    How secure is the media streamer protocol? If I open up the port on my firewall, what kind of security is in place to ensure that unauthorized access to the server and media will not occur? How strong is the encryption (if any)? And are there logs of failed attempts or ways to blacklist IP addresses?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Purchased the software last week once 720p mkv started to play smoothly. Now I have two issues:

1. Is it locked to only 2 orientations? If I turn the touchpad in landscape with the speaker facing up, kalemsoft doesn't rotate.

2. I'm using wireless Bluetooth headphones and the audio doesn't work for mkv videos. It only works for AVI.

Thanks
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast