Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Just purchased this for my TP and I'm having difficulty finding the words...did I purchase the wrong version?

Problems:
    1) Picture quality far below what I get with TVersity + BHome
    2) Screwed up aspect ratio on media that plays perfectly locally or with the previously mentioned TVersity + BHome
    3) The 'menu' is still active even when in full screen mode?!?!? If I go into full screen mode and then tap to come back out, it registers the tap as valid for the menu, so if I am unlucky enough to 'tap' on the screen in a place where there happens to be, I dunno, the title for a different movie, the media changes.

Lot's of other cool capability apparently here, but I gotta say, unless this stuff is fixable I'm bummed. I bought this rather than BHome (and spent more $) because of all of the great reviews, and I'm left wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if they were ignoring pretty significant flaws in this app.
    Is it possible to play all files in a remote folder (accessed via the server application) in order, automatically? {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by stiekes View Post
    Just purchased this for my TP and I'm having difficulty finding the words...did I purchase the wrong version?

Problems:
    1) Picture quality far below what I get with TVersity + BHome
    2) Screwed up aspect ratio on media that plays perfectly locally or with the previously mentioned TVersity + BHome
    3) The 'menu' is still active even when in full screen mode?!?!? If I go into full screen mode and then tap to come back out, it registers the tap as valid for the menu, so if I am unlucky enough to 'tap' on the screen in a place where there happens to be, I dunno, the title for a different movie, the media changes.

Lot's of other cool capability apparently here, but I gotta say, unless this stuff is fixable I'm bummed. I bought this rather than BHome (and spent more $) because of all of the great reviews, and I'm left wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if they were ignoring pretty significant flaws in this app.
    For 1), have you tried increasing video quality from player options? If that is not enough, we will add better quality options in the future versions.

2) and 3) are fixed in the upcoming version which is currently under review by HP.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbroc View Post
    I just bought this for my "Palm Pre-" and I am surprised with its poor local performance. All videos are extremely choppy, even those MP4 videos that I watch normally with the stock player are extremely slow and choppy with KalemSoft Media Player. DIVX avi's that I used to watch on my old Palm TX are also un-watchable here. Am I doing something wrong? Is it because I am using Govnah' with F102 Delta Dagger??? I don't want to uninstall it until this is confirmed. All the rest of the apps work fine with it.
    Version 0.3.2 on the app catalog has issues with modified kernels. The new version (0.3.4) will fix that (already submitted to the catalog).

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    For 1), have you tried increasing video quality from player options? If that is not enough, we will add better quality options in the future versions.

2) and 3) are fixed in the upcoming version which is currently under review by HP.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Nice to hear about the fixes, and yes, I've set stream quality to high and I'm still getting significant pixelation and grainy-ness that I do not get with other players over the same network.

I've also noticed a significant difference in sound quality. There is a hollowness to the sound and a very noticeable high frequency distortion...sounds very much like the high-freq distortion I used to hear way back whenever I used the WinAmp MP3 player.
  6.    #86  
    Nice to hear about the fixes, and yes, I've set stream quality to high and I'm still getting significant pixelation and grainy-ness that I do not get with other players over the same network.

I've also noticed a significant difference in sound quality. There is a hollowness to the sound and a very noticeable high frequency distortion...sounds very much like the high-freq distortion I used to hear way back whenever I used the WinAmp MP3 player.
    This is all because the stream is transcoded on the server to lower bitrates for low bandwidth streaming. The application was designed with possible 3G connections in mind. The other solutions do not transcode the content but send it as it is which may not be suitable for or even possible for low bandwidth connections. However, we will add an option for higher quality streaming over high bandwidth connections which should fix these problems.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    nyquistjack likes this.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Is there any way to roll back to a previous version. The buttery smooth playback that I use to have has turned in to unwatchable chop. This is what I hate about ota. Reboot didn't help.
    Any chance of getting a version with seek bar or control bar overlay in full screen mode?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Is there any way to roll back to a previous version. The buttery smooth playback that I use to have has turned in to unwatchable chop. This is what I hate about ota. Reboot didn't help.
    Are you running this on Pre? If so, have you checked out version 0.3.4 just released today on our website (it will soon be available on app catalog)? If you can let us know which version was working for you before, that would be great.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Any chance of getting a version with seek bar or control bar overlay in full screen mode?
    The new version has it. It is submitted and is on the way to the app catalog.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Sweet! Thanks for the quick response.
    Awesome, the new version works great! And the aspect ratio toggle works perfectly for getting 2.35:1 and other aspect ratios. Thanks so much! It's also much faster than before. Easily the best program for WebOS yet.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    at this point it's probably not a problem with the Kalemsoft Media Player. Sorry. I can't get the built n video player to work either. I'm running a zv pre+ with uberkernal.
    Time to doctor.
    Are you running this on Pre? If so, have you checked out version 0.3.4 just released today on our website (it will soon be available on app catalog)? If you can let us know which version was working for you before, that would be great.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    Awesome, the new version works great! And the aspect ratio toggle works perfectly for getting 2.35:1 and other aspect ratios. Thanks so much! It's also much faster than before. Easily the best program for WebOS yet.
    ? I'm still seeing v0.3.2 in the app store...
    Version 0.3.2 on the app catalog has issues with modified kernels. The new version (0.3.4) will fix that (already submitted to the catalog).

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Wow, thank you! Your app makes my "Pre minus" still a "plus"!
    ? I'm still seeing v0.3.2 in the app store...
    Me too.
    Does Kalemsoft support m2ts files?
    Quote Originally Posted by codenamedtango View Post
    Does Kalemsoft support m2ts files?
    As far as I can tell, no they are not supported at this time. Being as this is primarily a high def surround sound format, it would take some serious transcoding to stream these files and I will be amazed if we ever see support for m2ts. These files are high quality, but hard to work with; I suggest converting to another format for streaming.
    codenamedtango likes this.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I am using the software from my home WiFi. I primarily wanted it to watch the videos I take of my kids, which are in AVI, without having to use the pc. Plug the camera in, it auto copies the vids, then watch them on my touchpad.

regretfully the quality is downright awful, even on "high." its like YouTube circa 2006.

I'd be a much happier customer with double the quality, even if I have to wait an initial 30 seconds to buffer. Until then, the software is just not usable for my needs.

thanks.
  20.    #100  
    We have a new beta release of the media streamer that increases audio and video streaming quality at "high" setting for the TouchPad. It is available here:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/...er_v1.0.5b.msi

Could you please give a try to this and let us know how it works?

Note that since this is only a release candidate, it will display a notification that a newer version is available when you launch it. Please ignore that.

Regards,

KalemSoft
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast