Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Can you reveal any plans for a touchpad version?
    When I use the record feature to save an mp3 track, the playback does not let me back swipe out. I have to either skip forward to a recorded video or close the app to get back to the menu. I think this is a bug. I'm on a Sprint PreČ
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Edit: Problem solved. Had to disable the Playon server that I use to stream to the Xbox.
    Kalemsoft Media server works fine.

Ok. Bought the app and it works great, but I'm having trouble with the server.
    When I try to browse videos located on the pc the server the program connects for a 1/2 a second and then returns to the ready state. The Pre returns a fail to connect error. This happens in both wifi and 3g mode. Default ports have been opened on the router. Is any one else having trouble with this? Running vista 64bit.
    Last edited by namgod; 06/23/2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Also, tried playing an mp4 file and it crashes almost immediately. Anyway to debug to help out this great app out, let me know.
    I'm having the same issue. Everytime I try to play an m4v file, it crashes the server running on my PC. The file is "Sucker Punch (PiZ).m4v" and can be downloaded at Sucker Punch (PSP, iPod, Zune) (download torrent) - TPB)
    Any updates on the Linux version of the streamer? Need help?
    cml21 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Can you reveal any plans for a touchpad version?
    It should work just fine as it is on the Touchpad. It appears to be a PDK app which will scale up on the Touchpad. It'll be interresting to see it in practice.
    I'm using the homebrew version of KalemSoft, and I want to know if the full version has this feature. I'm trying to stream audio from an online radio, but the radio has a format not supported natively by webOS. Since KalemSoft supports many more formats than webOS does natively, I thought about using it to stream the online radio. However, I can't find an option to enter the URL stream. Is this possible in the full version of KalemSoft?
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    It should work just fine as it is on the Touchpad. It appears to be a PDK app which will scale up on the Touchpad. It'll be interresting to see it in practice.
    Current version doesn't work on the touchpad. Too bad! It doesn't have full emulation support so no keypad or gesture area.

I'm hoping a full TP version is coming!

(BTW) I'm happy to pay for another version (if you're listening, Kalemsoft)
  9.    #69  
    Hi all,

We have an early Touchpad version of the media player. We need a few testers. If you are willing to help, please contact us at KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

We have an early Touchpad version of the media player. We need a few testers. If you are willing to help, please contact us at KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    That's great to hear!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Email sent
    Email sent/ticket opened
    I have a suggestion. The record feature is great, but even better would be the ability to save a buffered video instantly. I leave the app open to leave buffer room for when I am ready to watch and with this feature, I could set up multiple videos to watch at a later time without even needing a connection.

A few other features to consider (besides the obvious minimized card streaming) are as follows:
    -Bluetooth/headset control that toggles other media sources too.
    -Orientation lock
    -Auto resume setting (hold and select to start over rather than resume would be ideal)
    -Context menu drop down option to "save to phone" allowing record without real time streaming.
    -Favorite folders
    -Dashboard controls
    -Buffer pause/resume
    -Email/message recording (limited size)
    -And lastly, (for now ) on the fly playlist

Thank you so much for this application. I use it every day and look forward to seeing future iterations.
    One more for you is the ability to type to search within folders. Just Type intigration would be great too of course.

Also, I have been getting several force closes when the app is left to buffer in card view. I'm on a Sprint Pre 2
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I love this program. Unfortunately, My Pre- is on its way to the grave and I think I'm finally going to have to switch to an android phone.
    is there a version of this software (or something similar) available for android?
    the streaming server is amazing, and I wouldn't want to switch from my pre and lose this functionality.
    I just bought this for my "Palm Pre-" and I am surprised with its poor local performance. All videos are extremely choppy, even those MP4 videos that I watch normally with the stock player are extremely slow and choppy with KalemSoft Media Player. DIVX avi's that I used to watch on my old Palm TX are also un-watchable here. Am I doing something wrong? Is it because I am using Govnah' with F102 Delta Dagger??? I don't want to uninstall it until this is confirmed. All the rest of the apps work fine with it.
    Is there a way to run the PC application on a linux machine?
    Just adding more info about the extreme choppiness on my Pre- when playing local videos... I downloaded the free version from Preware and all local videos work wonderfully with it, unlike with the paid version! Sure I am happy to pay for such a useful app, but I feel a little bit stupid keeping a 7 euro app that does not work and a free version of it that works just fine!!!! Please have a look at it. Thanks!
    So, the catalog Pre version has been updated, but the website version is still 0.3.0. Can you post a link for the new version on the website? I purchased it before it was in the app catalog.
    I too would like to use this, but I run a linux server at home for my media. And a Mac as my desktop. Any chance a version of the streamer coming for those?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast