Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Awesome player! Any plans to make a version that allows the Pixi to play avi files (and the other formats the Pre can play)?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    That worked. Thanks. The auto tuner found channel 3 since I have a digital media converter running into the TV card. NICE.

Do you have any tips for configuring my Actiontec router? It supports uPnP. Your server app added what looks like the right firewall settings. I am still getting "Connection Failed" error messages.

How much will the application cost?
    We assume you could stream via wifi within your LAN. If not, your PC may be blocking connections too. That is something you may want to check first. If the wifi streaming works, please check out this site for port forwarding instructions on your router:

Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com

Also, there may be an additional firewall rule setup on the router. Please check that as well.

The app costs $5.99 and can be purchased here:

KalemSoft - Store

Regards,

KalemSoft
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by crownanddrpepper View Post
    I got a question. Whats the " No Link!" mean when streaming?
    Ive been getting this a lot lately mainly when streaming tv
    sometime if i put the app in card view for a couple of min it will pick back up
    other times I just go back to the list of channels and just start it back up again.
    "No link" indicates that your device has not been receiving any packets for a long period of time. It is possible that the connection was lost due to weak signal.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Awesome player! Any plans to make a version that allows the Pixi to play avi files (and the other formats the Pre can play)?
    We are looking into this. Pixi has a few limitations that create a big performance hit unfortunately. That's why we had to omit Pixi support for more codec support initially.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We are looking into this. Pixi has a few limitations that create a big performance hit unfortunately.
    That is interesting and a little confusing to me.. I'm new to the Pixi having been using my 755p for a long time. In terms of processing and memory the old 755p is much worse than the Pixi, but I was able to use TCMP on it to watch all kinds of different videos in different formats.

Is it related to the GUI and other overhead that the Pixi has that the old PalmOS does not?

thanks again for all your efforts!
    Hi.

Are you going to add an option to control the aspect ratio?

Thanks.
    Is it possible to set recordings to store on device? Also, why not mp4 recordings? It would be nice to play recordings back without cell service.
    Thanks again for the awesome app Kalemsoft. Are there any future update features for the next release you can reveal at this time?
  9.    #49  
    Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the new releases of KalemSoft Media Player/Streamer. New features are as follows:

KalemSoft Media Player v0.3.0 - 06/08/2011 (requires KalemSoft Media Streamer v1.0.3)
    ==================================================================
    - Portrait mode and accelerometer support for switching between portrait and landscape modes
    - Support for changing aspect ratio on the fly
    - New GUI
    - Minor bug fixes
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    Is it possible to set recordings to store on device? Also, why not mp4 recordings? It would be nice to play recordings back without cell service.
    You can record live feeds or streamed static files from the server on the device. Just press the rec button while the stream is playing. We will add a background recording feature in the future.

The recordings can be played without cell service. They will be listed under "Recordings".

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks for the new version! I'm a paid supporter. Fantastic app, I can't thank you enough. Thanks so much for the aspect ratio settings. Really great.

Accelerometer support is cool, but I wish there was a way to disable it. I like to lay down and watch movies on my side but cannot with this new feature.
    I just upgraded to v0.3.0 on my phone, without knowing that it won't work with the streamer that I have at my house. I'm not going to be home for a few days. Anyway to Get the .IPK for for v0.2.0 so I can downgrade until I can get home and upgrade the streamer at home??

Thanks!!
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernie View Post
    I just upgraded to v0.3.0 on my phone, without knowing that it won't work with the streamer that I have at my house. I'm not going to be home for a few days. Anyway to Get the .IPK for for v0.2.0 so I can downgrade until I can get home and upgrade the streamer at home??

Thanks!!
    You should get v0.2.1 instead. It works with the older streamer and has an important bug fix over v0.2.0. You can get it from the following link:

http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/..._0.2.1_all.ipk

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    You should get v0.2.1 instead. It works with the older streamer and has an important bug fix over v0.2.0. You can get it from the following link:

[url]

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks again. I can't wait to get home and upgrade the program on my home computer.
    Is there anyway you can make it so the player will continue playing, music and video, when minimized? It's nice to be able to respond to texts or check Facebook without having the video or music stop. At least an option for people that May or may not like that.
    Thanks for the tip about recordings! Additionally, I would love to see a "record to device" option in the 'tap-hold' menu. This would eliminate the need to play content to record and could work in the background. (thanks for the update too, btw)
    Why does local playback of files require network availability? Loaded my Pre with a file before going on a flight and when trying to play it in airplane mode it gives an error requiring a connection. If this was already discussed, my apologies, but surely this limits the use of this app if it cannot playback media when there's no connectivity available (when you're most likely to want to watch something stored locally)

Also, tried playing an mp4 file and it crashes almost immediately. Anyway to debug to help out this great app out, let me know.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 06/15/2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Hey I saw that the Kalemsoft media player is now in the palm app catalog.
    Wanted to if there was a way to run future updates from the app catalog or will the only option be to run the updates from your site.

once again GREAT APP. Love and use it everyday at work
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Why does local playback of files require network availability? Loaded my Pre with a file before going on a flight and when trying to play it in airplane mode it gives an error requiring a connection. If this was already discussed, my apologies, but surely this limits the use of this app if it cannot playback media when there's no connectivity available (when you're most likely to want to watch something stored locally)

Also, tried playing an mp4 file and it crashes almost immediately. Anyway to debug to help out this great app out, let me know.
    It will check your trial expiration with our server until you activate your copy. Once you activate, you can use it without network connection.

Is there any way you can send us that mp4 file for testing?

Regards,

KalemSoft
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by crownanddrpepper View Post
    Hey I saw that the Kalemsoft media player is now in the palm app catalog.
    Wanted to if there was a way to run future updates from the app catalog or will the only option be to run the updates from your site.

once again GREAT APP. Love and use it everyday at work
    App catalog updates are under Palm's control. They check your profile to see if you have purchased the app from them or not. Therefore, we don't know a way to let you update via app catalog. You can always update from our website though.

Regards,

KalemSoft
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast