Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Hi,

Does this support H264 encoding in MKV? I observed that frames are moving very slowly during playback. The MKV video file is like 550MB in size.
    Last edited by mozzilla; 04/19/2011 at 11:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Kalemsoft Media Player works very well. I'm using it to playback xvid compress avi files with mp3 audio that I originally made to play smooth on a Palm TX running Core player.
    This looks very interesting. If I have a TV tuner on my PC then can I stream live TV broadcasts to my Pre?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzilla View Post
    Hi,

Does this support H264 encoding in MKV? I observed that frames are moving very slowly during playback. The MKV video file is like 550MB in size.
    It supports h264 encapsulated in mkv container. H264 is a cpu intensive codec compared to others. Depending on the encoding complexity of the h264 file (resolution, encoding profile etc.), you may need to overclock your device. It should play fine on a Pre2 without overclocking though.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    This looks very interesting. If I have a TV tuner on my PC then can I stream live TV broadcasts to my Pre?
    Yes, you can. Currently, only analog TV tuners are supported. Also some analog tuners may not be compatible, so please give it a try first.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Yes, you can. Currently, only analog TV tuners are supported. Also some analog tuners may not be compatible, so please give it a try first.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    My new Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250 TV Tuner arrives Saturday. I will be installing it on my recently upgraded Win7 64-bit computer. Hopefully this set-up will work with you server software.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Is there any way to lock the aspect ratio,(such as a config file line) to keep the media player from vertically stretching the the video to fill the screen?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Trying to get out of the gate with this software but not having any luck. Using a Pre 2, WebOS 2.0.1, Windows 7 PC (firewall turned off). When connected via WiFi using my local home network, I start the media player on my Pre 2, open remote media, select a video using a folder that I have setup using the server app (tried mp4, m4v, avi), it starts to buffer, looks like it gets to 100% and then the phone app just goes away and I have to restart it.

Any ideas? It will play local files.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by moorek View Post
    Trying to get out of the gate with this software but not having any luck. Using a Pre 2, WebOS 2.0.1, Windows 7 PC (firewall turned off). When connected via WiFi using my local home network, I start the media player on my Pre 2, open remote media, select a video using a folder that I have setup using the server app (tried mp4, m4v, avi), it starts to buffer, looks like it gets to 100% and then the phone app just goes away and I have to restart it.

Thanks!
    Did you open the ports? You should also be able to keep the firewall turned on if the ports are open.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by moorek View Post

Thanks!
    Could you please contact us via KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live) ?
    Let's run a few tests together to see where the problem might be.

Thanks,

KalemSoft
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Is there any way to lock the aspect ratio,(such as a config file line) to keep the media player from vertically stretching the the video to fill the screen?
    Currently no, we noted this down for including it in future versions.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I cannot get past "Remote Connection Failed"

I tried turning off Windows 7 Firewall and set the Firewall settings on my router to minimum and still cannot pass the connectity test for the server. Prior to turning off the Firewalls I see that the Kalemsoft server software added the correct port entries to the Win 7 & and Router security settings.

My router supports uPnP. It came from Verizon with my FiOS setup and is from Actiontec.

edit: I was able to ping my server from my Pre+

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by swieder; 04/24/2011 at 12:37 PM.
  13.    #33  
    I cannot get past "Remote Connection Failed"

I tried turning off Windows 7 Firewall and set the Firewall settings on my router to minimum and still cannot pass the connectity test for the server. Prior to turning off the Firewalls I see that the Kalemsoft server software added the correct port entries to the Win 7 & and Router security settings.

My router supports uPnP. It came from Verizon with my FiOS setup and is from Actiontec.

edit: I was able to ping my server from my Pre+

Any suggestions?
    Can you connect within your local network via Wifi even if the connection test fails?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Can you connect within your local network via Wifi even if the connection test fails?

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Thanks for the help.

I tried opening live media (TV tuner) and remote media via WiFi. Both fail on the Pre with the message "Unable to Connect to Streaming Server."

EDIT: I rebooted my computer, removed the server SW and reinstalled it. I can now play back remote media via a WiFi connection. However my TV tuner with live content will not work. I can stream my video camera. I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1250 which is what I really want to use with this application so that I can see live sporting events on my phone. I can assign the TV tuner to a channel but it does not display on my Pre. Message is "Streaming could not start."
    Last edited by swieder; 04/24/2011 at 07:22 PM.

EDIT: I rebooted my computer, removed the server SW and reinstalled it. I can now play back remote media via a WiFi connection. However my TV tuner with live content will not work. I can stream my video camera. I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1250 which is what I really want to use with this application so that I can see live sporting events on my phone. I can assign the TV tuner to a channel but it does not display on my Pre. Message is "Streaming could not start."
    I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 950q and get the same error from time to time. What I do when this happens is first stop the KalemSoft streamer, then disable / re enable the tv turner ,I do this through a batch file i created so I don't have to go enter device manager each time , start up the KalemSoft streamer and I'm back to watching tv at work

hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by crownanddrpepper View Post
    I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 950q and get the same error from time to time. What I do when this happens is first stop the KalemSoft streamer, then disable / re enable the tv turner ,I do this through a batch file i created so I don't have to go enter device manager each time , start up the KalemSoft streamer and I'm back to watching tv at work

hope this helps
    I tried disabling/enabling the tuner card thru device manager and it did not fix my problem. Windows wanted me to reboot between disabling/enabling which I did not do because if thats the fix for Kalemsoft to work then I cant do it every time.

Hopefully Kalemsoft will enhance the streamer to work with more tuner cards. There are some tuner settings that I could change like aspect ratio or codec. I wonder if that would help.
  17.    #37  
    I tried disabling/enabling the tuner card thru device manager and it did not fix my problem. Windows wanted me to reboot between disabling/enabling which I did not do because if thats the fix for Kalemsoft to work then I cant do it every time.

Hopefully Kalemsoft will enhance the streamer to work with more tuner cards. There are some tuner settings that I could change like aspect ratio or codec. I wonder if that would help.
    Your tuner should work as long as the feed coming to it is analog cable.

Please try this. Open channel lineup in streamer application. Select the first channel in the list (first row). Under the video device column, select your TV tuner device. Do the same for audio device column. Then, while that first row is selected, click Capture Options. Under Video Crossbar section, select Video Tuner or similar. Under TV Tuner section, select "Cable". If you are located in the US, select "1" as the Country code and click Auto Tune button. Channels will be scanned and if any channel is found, that channel should be ready for streaming.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    need a mac version
    Your tuner should work as long as the feed coming to it is analog cable.

Please try this. Open channel lineup in streamer application. Select the first channel in the list (first row). Under the video device column, select your TV tuner device. Do the same for audio device column. Then, while that first row is selected, click Capture Options. Under Video Crossbar section, select Video Tuner or similar. Under TV Tuner section, select "Cable". If you are located in the US, select "1" as the Country code and click Auto Tune button. Channels will be scanned and if any channel is found, that channel should be ready for streaming.

Regards,

KalemSoft

That worked. Thanks. The auto tuner found channel 3 since I have a digital media converter running into the TV card. NICE.

Do you have any tips for configuring my Actiontec router? It supports uPnP. Your server app added what looks like the right firewall settings. I am still getting "Connection Failed" error messages.

How much will the application cost?
    I got a question. Whats the " No Link!" mean when streaming?
    Ive been getting this a lot lately mainly when streaming tv
    sometime if i put the app in card view for a couple of min it will pick back up
    other times I just go back to the list of channels and just start it back up again.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast