Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Seriously... as bad as I hate it, there's almost no chance we'll see Netflix on our Touchpads. And here's an every more troubling thought... how long can we honestly expect HP to keep their movie store open?
    Is it even possible to download a personal movie on to it (i.e. dvd or mp4) Haven't got mine yet...
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I really don't think netflix will come it's too late
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    guys, heard of PlayOn? Check it out. As Touchpad supports Flash, you can even watch Hulu on webOS
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Is it even possible to download a personal movie on to it (i.e. dvd or mp4) Haven't got mine yet...
    It supports mp4 natively, works great for me. 720p video plays smoothly, haven't tried 1080p yet.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh4Sh0 View Post
    With the size of the webOS/Touchpad user base massively expanding this week, is it time to create a serious petition to netflix?

This would be a (netflix) members only petition, and probably would require you to pledge to cancel your netflix account by X date if they refuse to support webOS/the Touchpad.

Previously, this wouldn't make sense. 10-100 users, who cares. 1000 users, might get something done.

Thoughts?
    I will support this petition! With the new user base (and WebOS continued Development) it should be a No-Brainer!
    dnguyen1988 likes this.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Heh, Netflix isn't going to support it any time soon! They don't even officially support most Android devices.

I would say try Playon
    If enough people complain they'll start to support it. With the boost in users this weekend we can hope.

In the mean time, PlayOn is a nice why to watch Netflix on the TouchPad.
    who cares about Netflix on a tablet. I don't get it. Who would want to spend 2 hours watching a movie on a 10" tablet? Considering this is a WiFi tablet, you're most likely be home when you'd have the opportunity to stream a movie. So why not just watch it on your big screen HDTV?
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    who cares about Netflix on a tablet. I don't get it. Who would want to spend 2 hours watching a movie on a 10" tablet? Considering this is a WiFi tablet, you're most likely be home when you'd have the opportunity to stream a movie. So why not just watch it on your big screen HDTV?
    laying in bed, riding in a car, train, etc. I watch hulu almost every day on my TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    I would up in the ER last night (nothing serious, complication from a tonsillectomy) so I am watching Netflix all day on my iPad til they let me go home.

Very happy that I scored a 16gb today for MrFinnboy. He's quite impressed with himself for having Windows PC, iPhone and now a TP. He doesn't like to identify with any brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    guys, heard of PlayOn? Check it out. As Touchpad supports Flash, you can even watch Hulu on webOS
    New to this particular site and yes, I am one of the many who snagged a HP TP 32gb (alphabet soup anyone??) for the steal price. Where would one find PlayOn as it is not in the HP App Catalog.

Also, as much as I love and loathe Netflix, they don't seem to give a rats **** about their customers. I doubt any type of petition or threats are going to get them to create Netflix for anything besides what they already have their precious software in. They have become quite anal in their fame.

Also I find it interesting that my last visit to this site was 12/31/1969....I wasn't even born yet! And that is just one of many problems with that date! LOL :P
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    I want Netflix. Please please Netflix. It would be a total package if it included.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    I wish Netflix will come to the touchpad
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The only reason I really got the $99 touchpad was to use netflix. Then I found out that it will not be on the touchpad :-( Moral of the story do your homework before you buy a tablet :-( my only hope now is that someone gets Andriod on the touchpad...
    Netflix is not available on all Android devices, either. I'm sure the devs will figure something out eventually, but you might not have Netflix right away once they get Android working.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon26 View Post
    The only reason I really got the $99 touchpad was to use netflix. Then I found out that it will not be on the touchpad :-( Moral of the story do your homework before you buy a tablet :-( my only hope now is that someone gets Andriod on the touchpad...
    I know a lot of people are up in arms about this and there have been a TON of tweets and e-mails sent to both Netflix and HP. However, if you're willing to spend a little bit more money to have it, you can download PlayOn (What's PlayOn? | PlayOn) to a PC in your home and then connect to it via your TouchPad that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon26 View Post
    You can sell it to me. PM me.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Can't you just bring up Netflix on the browser and watch?? I thought that was possible.
    As mentioned above, just get PlayOn to view Netflix. It works great on the Touchpad!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast