Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i notice a new app today called Complete Browser it has a very nice function and slick interface, faster then the default browser (it really renders pages very fast), has tabs, and flash works very good in this browser very good i must say. Id advise everyone to check it out only 99 cents.

FYI:

change your default search engine to Google (the default one dosent work clicking the hyperlinks for some reason right now). So go to google.com then click on the cross at the bottom of the screen and click on set as homepage. You wont have any problems clicking on search hyper links. This is a work around Ive found, until the developer hopefully fixes it.

Also to erase the URL, and put in your own if you tap on the url a few times it will erase so you can enter in one manually.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 03/18/2011 at 10:53 AM.
    nice find! Seems to work very well.

I sure hope the developer adds shortcut keys consistent with the multimod patch so I can use backspace and enter for jumping to top and bottom of page.

other than that, I'm pretty impressed.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I wonder if uses the same web stansards as the default web browser?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    probably
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Just downloaded it and tried it so far very cool the tabs work as advertised...speed seems faster than stock browser.

doesn't support back swipe to page back. That and lack of keyboard shortcuts... But its still impressive.
  7.    #7  
    yeah also some updates the devo could do is once you click on the URL it highlights it all that way you dont have to backspace it all manually to enter a new one. Also the tabs work well, but sometimes jumping inbetween them, they go back to the home page. Other wise I think this is a very well build browser alternative.
    So I guess it isn't quite right to call it "complete browser"... but I sure hope it gets enough users buying it to motivate the developer to "complete" it. So far it's really nice and it's always great when an app lives up to it's potential.. and this one has a ton of potential.

Makes me wonder why we haven't seen any other 3rd party browsers... this one is sweet!
    Seems to have some glitches. I did a simple google search and pressing a hyper link would not open the pages.
    Between this one, the default browser, and the Universe browser that's in beta-testing, we might get a pretty nice browser soon. Too bad PreFox never really took off.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    This looks very nice from playing with it for a couple of minutes. I can't figure out how to set the home page though?
    hit the "+" icon at the bottom
    Just downloaded. Flash not working for me. advice? I'm meta-dr'd 2.1 and used jason robitai's flash method.
    Flash works just about as good as the stock browser on a sprint pre, not very good. I also get a 'cannot connect to server' popup all the time, even though it still loads the page. Once a page is loaded, scrolling seems pretty fluid, better than the stock browser. Certainly needs work, but has a lot of potential.

Edit: I also can't click on links.
    Last edited by traviscurren; 03/18/2011 at 09:26 AM.
    probably having trouble connecting to the ad server
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    probably having trouble connecting to the ad server
    Would that probably be from the ad blocker patch? I'll have to try it without the patch.

Edit: I also seem to get it when I load the mobile precentral site.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I think that is just a new "wrapper" of the same webkit stock browser the cookies seem to be shared

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    This looks very nice from playing with it for a couple of minutes. I can't figure out how to set the home page though?
    go to the icon on the bottom that has a cross click it, and click the homepage button when you want the page your one currently to be that. I set mine to Google it works alot better then the default one.
    Yeah, pretty nice and quick. Would like to see the whole address selected when you tap the address bar. Right now, it just inserts a cursor. Makes it harder to type in the website address.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by traviscurren View Post
    Flash works just about as good as the stock browser on a sprint pre, not very good. I also get a 'cannot connect to server' popup all the time, even though it still loads the page. Once a page is loaded, scrolling seems pretty fluid, better than the stock browser. Certainly needs work, but has a lot of potential.

Edit: I also can't click on links.
    change your default search engine to Google (the default one dosent work clicking the hyperlinks for some reason right now). So go to google.com then click on the cross at the bottom of the screen and click on set as homepage. You wont have any problems clicking on search hyper links.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast