Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    Just downloaded. Flash not working for me. advice? I'm meta-dr'd 2.1 and used jason robitai's flash method.
    did you try clickin on the icon, it shows the box icon but when you click on it the video plays. Does your flash work in the stock browser?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Seems to have some glitches. I did a simple google search and pressing a hyper link would not open the pages.
    change your default search engine to Google (the default one dosent work clicking the hyperlinks for some reason right now). So go to google.com then click on the cross at the bottom of the screen and click on set as homepage. You wont have any problems clicking on search hyper links.
    I really like it so far... Flash works on my Verizon 2.1 Pre Plus,

as mentioned above, it would be nice if it automatically selected the text in the address bar when you clicked on it. Although If i tap it repeatedly it seems to clear out the existing address.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsnut25 View Post
    I really like it so far... Flash works on my Verizon 2.1 Pre Plus,

as mentioned above, it would be nice if it automatically selected the text in the address bar when you clicked on it. Although If i tap it repeatedly it seems to clear out the existing address.
    oh good find on the tap on the url to get it erased, Ill update the first post with that as well.
    results from the search bar don't open when clicked. But if you open page (like these forums) the links work, and if you open google.com to search, the resulting links work. Plus, you get the mobile google experience with an images tab, etc.

Conclusion? ignore the integrated search bar until that bug gets fixed.

Also, I like the way it does flash, sort of. It doesn't "lock" the page so I can scroll while it plays without having to "unlock" it. However, rotating to landscape doesn't automatically zoom video to full screen.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/18/2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Eeh...it's ok. Doesn't really give me anything more than the stock browser...cept maybe slightly faster load times. Don't see a History...which is bitter sweet.

Anyone know if there is a way to have flash play by default..? I click it and nothing happens...Works fine in the stock browser..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Flash isn't working for me either.. just the empty box with question mark.. Sprint Pre Plus. Flash works perfect in stock browser.. Also, anyone found that if you open a new tab, the tapping in the address bar doesn't clear the address no matter how many times you tap it? Only seems to work for me in the initial tab..
    I'm using a stock Pre2 with 2.0.1 and Flash works really well. Are those of you having problems all using metadoctor to 2.x on a Pre -/+ ?

Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I'm using a stock Pre2 with 2.0.1 and Flash works really well. Are those of you having problems all using metadoctor to 2.x on a Pre -/+ ?

Just curious.
    I am...Sprint Pre-, 2.1...
    Yep, Sprint Pre Plus, 2.1 metadoc.
    Hmmm, Sprint Pre 2 (metadoc) and flash is working on Complete Browser.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I've had a bit longer to play with Complete Browser and I like it a LOT. Pages load really fast, scrolling is fluid and FLASH WORKS! I'm on a meta'd 2.1 o2 UK Pre-, and in the stock browser Flash doesn't work at all, except for very, very simple audio only elements. In Complete Browser, I can actually watch videos! Well, the framerate is terrible, but I actually see something and get the gist of what's going on, and it doesn't freeze my phone.

Things I'd like to see:
    1) Auto-select text when clicking in the URL field.
    2) Working integrated search box.
    3) Some way to make this the default browser - would probably require a homebrew patch?
    4) Back gesture mapped to back navigation in browser.
    5) No auto-reload when switching tabs perhaps (although not at the expense of speed, which is why I'm digging this so much in the first place).

Is the developer on these forums at all?..
    Hmmm, Sprint Pre 2 (metadoc) and flash is working on Complete Browser.
    do you have to actually tap the image to start it? ..or did you find settings to enable it?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I've had a bit longer to play with Complete Browser and I like it a LOT. Pages load really fast, scrolling is fluid and FLASH WORKS! I'm on a meta'd 2.1 o2 UK Pre-, and in the stock browser Flash doesn't work at all, except for very, very simple audio only elements. In Complete Browser, I can actually watch videos! Well, the framerate is terrible, but I actually see something and get the gist of what's going on, and it doesn't freeze my phone.

Things I'd like to see:
    1) Auto-select text when clicking in the URL field.
    2) Working integrated search box.
    3) Some way to make this the default browser - would probably require a homebrew patch?
    4) Back gesture mapped to back navigation in browser.
    5) No auto-reload when switching tabs perhaps (although not at the expense of speed, which is why I'm digging this so much in the first place).

Is the developer on these forums at all?..
    This app is a port of what they released on iOS last month. That's why it has clunky buttons where you'd expect gestured. This dev has several apps on webOS, so hopefully you can use the catalog link to send them suggestions. Everything in your post would be great to have. Also keyboard shortcuts to mimic the multi-mod patch. And the rotation lock needs to work for both landscape AND portrait, instead of throwing everything back to portrait. That was a disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    do you have to actually tap the image to start it? ..or did you find settings to enable it?
    Yes, I had to tap the image to start it.
    Yes, I had to tap the image to start it.
    Was the image the ? question mark over blank rectangle?
    So is this PDK, or is it simply a new interface using the WebView function?

(AKA, is it the standard webOS browser rendering the pages?)
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Was the image the ? question mark over blank rectangle?
    yup it has the box and ? mark over most flash content just click on it (sometimes twice) and flash will start playing.
    Thx, definitely doesn't work like that for me.. I get those same boxes, but tapping the question mark does nothing.. course I applied the Jason Robatalle flash add-on after the doctor, and it seems those it is working for had flash included all along from the original doctor..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast