1.    #1  
    Where are the 500+ HP Employee Apps that we were lead to believe were created during an office competition? Has anyone noticed a single app with a "maintainer" of HP or other similar designation?
    Saw this mentioned (as 5,000 apps, which was surely a mistake) on the Noah Kravitz interview video regarding tablets. I can't remember any P|C front page story about 500 HP apps dropping ... can anyone else?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I don't know about where the employee apps are, but @susiewee (works at HP) has tweeted from an app called "HP_Social" before. So maybe they are not ready or holding out for the TouchPad release.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    I don't know about where the employee apps are, but @susiewee (works at HP) has tweeted from an app called "HP_Social" before. So maybe they are not ready or holding out for the TouchPad release.
    Don't think apps for phones will fit on pads in terms of screen size.
    There are some HP apps out there right now. The Top 100 songs apps are the first that come to mind.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffyuan View Post
    Don't think apps for phones will fit on pads in terms of screen size.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what Enyo (Preview: Enyo app framework for webOS | PreCentral.net) is for?
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Wow, that last comment, from an HP employee, is rather pessimistic.
    Apps written in Enyo scale to all sizes of phone and tablet. Now, back on topic, I believe HP is sitting on a bunch of apps right now (mostly the internal app competition) and will release with the TouchPad/Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    HP is sitting on a bunch of apps right now (mostly the internal app competition) and will release with the TouchPad/Pre3.
    they've been sitting on them for almost a 1/2 yr. sure hope those apps are worth the wait.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    There are some HP apps out there right now. The Top 100 songs apps are the first that come to mind.

I thought that was nuTsie, nothing to do with the employee contest?
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    I thought that was nuTsie, nothing to do with the employee contest?
    They are still HP apps.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Sorry, but I can't imagine any catalog sitting on an app for six months. That would be like a slap in the face to a developer. Has anyone here ever developed an app? I don't care what it is - utility, game, social media client - you want it out there yesterday so that you can make improvements on it, etc. I say that if they ever existed they would have been released.
    Who knows, maybe they have an internal app catalog that thousands of employees have been using to test each others' apps for months now.

Why didn't anyone respond to his comment when it was posted six months ago?

no internal app catalog. no plan to release them to public yet. this is what i heard.
    all the apps in contest is on webos 1.0 while plam has prioritized webos 2.0. so if they were not released, there would not be released anymore. unless some of the developers would do the migration by themselves.