1.    #1  
    Trying to get free tether working, got the app all installed on the handset fine, just when I connect it to the laptop it tells me I need the driver for the RNDIS Ethernet Gadget. I looked around as best I could but can't find one that works, anyone able to help?

The handset is a Sprint Pre (WebOS 1.4.5), the laptop is Windows Vista.
    are you connecting to it via wifi?
  3.    #3  
    No, haven't tried that yet, connected it via USB, I prefer USB, but may try Wi-Fi and bluetooth at a later date.
  4.    #4  
    Bump....need help
    Why not try wifi?
    USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

I have no experience doing this but this looks like it would help.
    The link posted above mine is also listed on the wiki for freeTether. The wiki also contains links to the official thread, bug/feature request site and the ever so important donate link.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Hi, I had the similar problem. I use Palm Pre 2. Unfortunately all solutions available did not help. I have XP professional, SP3 and whenever I tried to install usbnet-pre.inf driver I got pop-up: "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware".
    Finally I looked at the usbnet-pre.inf file and found device identifier:
    USB\VID_0830&PID_0101
    while in the properties on my "unknown device" I found:
    USB\VID_0830&PID_8046

I edited .inf file and changed all occurences of: USB\VID_0830&PID_0101 to USB\VID_0830&PID_8046 and now it works perfectly. Hope this will help to some of you!

Greetings,
    Tomasz Karski
    (Poland)
    Last edited by TOMA52; 07/19/2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMA52 View Post
    Hi, I had the similar problem. I use Palm Pre 2. Unfortunately all solutions available did not help. I have XP professional, SP3 and whenever I tried to install usbnet-pre.inf driver I got pop-up: "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware".
    USB\VID_0830&PID_0101
    USB\VID_0830&PID_8046

I edited .inf file and changed all occurences of: USB\VID_0830&PID_0101 to USB\VID_0830&PID_8046 and now it works perfectly. Hope this will help to some of you!

Greetings,
    Tomasz Karski
    (Poland)
    TOMA52 - Thank you. Your solution worked beautifully for installing this driver on my XP-Box with Pre2.

THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMA52 View Post
    USB\VID_0830&PID_0101
    USB\VID_0830&PID_8046

Greetings,
    Tomasz Karski
    (Poland)
    Thank you, Tomasz - This worked beautifully tethering my Pre2 to the XP-Box. Thank you thank you. If you don't mind, I'm gonna add that to the Wiki.

edit:....or not, because I'm not a registered wiki-er? Maybe someone else will amend these notes into the USBnet Set-up for the betterment of all pre-kind.

Last edited by LocalH210; 01/06/2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Can
    Gah - I thought that would fix the problem, and that freeTether would begin working once the USB driver had been installed.

I seem to still be suffering the same issue other pre2 owners have reported, where freeTether successfully creates the network - to which other devices can connect - but there is no internet connectivity.

Anyone have any suggestions, for the USB or the WIFI tethering?

Hi again,

For me USB tethreing works pefrctly, but Wi-Fi was always terribly slow, scattering and useless ... :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargedDust View Post
    Trying to get free tether working, got the app all installed on the handset fine, just when I connect it to the laptop it tells me I need the driver for the RNDIS Ethernet Gadget. I looked around as best I could but can't find one that works, anyone able to help?

The handset is a Sprint Pre (WebOS 1.4.5), the laptop is Windows Vista.
    try cutting off your User Account Control in the user accounts it will ask to restart i had to do this to get novacom because vista is picky about their security

hope this helps