Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    For the last few days Facebook won't update anything. I load it up, it tries for a second, then pops up "Communications Error An error occurred communicating with the sever." I can either Retry (which results in the same thing) or Dismiss which just gives up.

I've tried removing the FAcebook app and reinstalling it, but that didn't help.

Am I the only one having this problem??
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Mine works. Have you tried the Facebook beta client?
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    well it does have problem with refreshes and scrolling..

that with the chronic bugs regarding some notification links.
  4.    #4  
    yep, tried the beta client as well (though they seem to be one and the same right now). Didn't help either. Tried it on WiFi and 3G, didn't make a different.
    works for me.
  6.    #6  
    Well this is getting annoying. I've reinstalled, rebooted, messed with the settings. Nothing fixes it.
    I have the same problem. I havw a GSM pre- with 2.1 and flash installed. Do you have flash as well?
  8.    #8  
    Nope, no flash, no 2.1 installed. It's a Sprint Pre- with Uberkernal, a few patches, and that's about it.

Glad I'm not the only one anyway! Now we just need to figure out why it's happening.
    I had trouble with all my Twitter apps a few days ago, and found out it was a problem with my Pre2's system clock, of all things. It's a long shot, but might the same thing be happening here?
    I'm having some problems with the Facebook app - reloading for no apparent reason for example.

EDIT: And using Notifications don't load the "updated" post
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 03/19/2011 at 03:58 AM.
    My facebook is working fine And I use Twee for twitter it works fine. I have a Sprint Pre- With 2.1 and Flash installed. I have Uberkernal with it set to 1Ghz and compcahce set at 48mb.
    For me it is working again. I think it was a temporary problem. Lets see.
    I just started getting a similar problem. Deleted all fb accounts, turned off backup, deleted backup, turned on backup, backed up to Palm Profile, reinstalled fb app and still getting login fails when I try to add fb account back into contacts. I also get an Acctmgr_Authentication_Bad_Request error when trying to us fb app. Any ideas? Kinda hate to take a trip to the Dr. I can always use the m.facebook, it works fine.
    Same problem... anyone with a solution?
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Same problem, just started this afternoon with the app. It keeps giving me "AcctMgr_Authentication_Bad_Request" . I deleted my profile and tried to sign in again and no luck, I can't even pull up the preferences, they pop up then go away before I can do any thing.
    I can get on facebook app but it's not showing any profile pics or pics at all.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    Same here. Can't see any profile pictures or pictures in albums.
    I think facebook has changed something that has messed up the app. Have no probs on m.facebook nor the regular facebook on phone or pc. Seems to also be useing a lot of resources because the app response is slow.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Same here since 1 or 2 days ago.
    I have the same problem. It all started yesterday evening.
    Not cool!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast