Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Download Link:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...md.bishopscore

I am starting WebOS development by doing a Bishop Score app to teach myself how to do these. My goal is to finish the OB Tracker app started by SiratoXero. Dr. Teh graciously got me started with the framework for the score calculator.

I will support it here, as this forum is a great central resource for doctors and other healthcare providers using WebOS devices. It calculates score, and has References, Help, About, and most importantly, Interpretation pages.

I look forward to feedback, as I am a complete newbie with this.

It is free. IF you would like, the Donations page is here:
    http://home.centurytel.net/BBooDoc/

Change-log:
    v1.1.2 - now has Donation button on About page. Minor bug fixes. Assigned to References - Medical category in App Catalog now.
    v1.1.0 - now Pixi / Veer compatible. Fixed some typos and minor bugs, added return-to-main buttons to help screens, etc.
    v1.0.0 - first version to App Catalog. buttons and menus all work.

TO DO: individualized interpretations for each score.
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 05/06/2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: version update
    could you post a brief description of what this app does? If I were Catholic, would I want to rate my bishop?
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    The app would probably not work for Catholic bishops, as none of them have a cervix.

IF you were Episcopalian, AND you were your bishop's doctor, AND she was pregnant AND you were trying to get her into labor, THEN you could use the app to determine her Bishop Score.

The Bishop Score predicts the probability of successful induction of labor in a pregnant woman, based on characteristics of the vaginal exam findings.

At this point, the app just allows you to choose the cervical position, amount it is effaced, the cervical station, and the amount of dilatation, and calculates the Bishop Score based on these findings.
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 03/12/2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Version 0.0.4 released this AM at 0:dark:30 or so, has some basic interpretation %'s etc, help menu, disclaimer, now. (Any self-respecting medical app has to make liberal use of them, of course!). When I have time to get it dressed up, then I will release it to the full App Catalog as a 1.0. For now, still Palm Web Distribution at link above.

Again, thanks to Palm Doc, or I would still be trying to pop and push scenes and just getting a blank screen....
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 03/16/2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: paradigm altering announcement!
    Np. It would be nice if the Interpretation just displays the relevant info depending on the score.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Np. It would be nice if the Interpretation just displays the relevant info depending on the score.
    that is one of the things I plan to work on - and better formatting in HTML, too. But a simple scene was quick and easy to make for time being. I like the way your Apgar app, and the old MedRules displayed their results for these topics.

I figure I will do it both ways; with a pop up like in your Apgar calculator, and with a menu item for the whole thing to look at in context.

But tonight I have about 15 charts to finish first, so I am hoping this weekend to get Bishop Score up to 1.0 release to App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    v 1.0.0 uploaded to the App Catalog. It is cleaned up a bit, though not as much as I had wanted, due to time constraints. Mostly I spent too much unsuccessful time trying to make it Pixi/Veer screen-size compatible. (Sorry! to those users).

Hopefully in 2.0.0 I will have figured out how to scroll all the screens without getting the bottom on the top, and make the interpretation into a label attached to the calculated score (sorry I didn't get that yet, Alan).

However, it is fully functional now. Furthermore, the Interpretation as a table makes it a little easier to see the difference that the different scores represent. So even when I figure the fancier way out, the table-menu item will stay.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    V1.1.0 Should be in app catalog soon. Pixi / Veer compatible now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    minor fixes and a chance to Donate via PayPal if you like it...
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Just some more minor fixes to make Touchpad compatible, look better on Pixi/Veer.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Now runs in full-screen mode on TouchPad, so it rotates. Still runs on all webOS devices.

I also indulged a little bit, and gave the baby some color, to look more like the Native American babies that I deliver, and like my kids. (When they were born at least. Since getting bigger, my kids are taking after the Danish side, but still as cute as always!) Some pics at Moms, Babies, and Families - a set on Flickr (when I briefly had time to get permission for pics from moms for web).

Please let me know if the color change makes it significantly harder to read text. Indulgence is nice, but function is primary.

And, "thanks!" to webOSInternals for the tip on running Mojo apps full-screen on TouchPad. Makes it more palatable to release same app version for phones and Tablet, while waiting for new version of Ares to program in.
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 07/12/2011 at 01:12 AM.