Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    signed! i need it!
    Eoliveira2 likes this.
    Signed
    Eoliveira2 likes this.
    After 10 months.. no result yet?
    someone is taking the What's App API and creating a Synergy plugin for webOS.

What's App straight injected into the Messaging App... Can't wait!! Gonna p'wn.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Putz... We only can have Whatsapp if any developer really release an unofficial version, because the Whatsapp team simply ignore everything about webOS.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Vistaus likes this.
    rmausser, would you happen to have a source for that?
    HP Pre 3 AT&T 4G 16GB
    HP TouchPad WiFi 32GB
    Signed!
    Signed !@!@
    Signed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    someone is taking the What's App API and creating a Synergy plugin for webOS.
    :-O

WOT?! Please give some more details! Teaserrrr...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    There are few enthusiast who have done it for meego, they are not all the way throught, but they have figured out everything how whatsapp works its servers and all..
    They are already in process of compiling an app to make it work on meego based phones.

WHATSAPP porting , need some help guys ! - maemo.org - Talk
    I'm still waiting an answer from rmausser about that tease... Meanwhile, I realized how cool the developers are in Meego's land:

maemo.org - Talk - View Single Post - WHATSAPP porting , need some help guys !

There you go, amazingly detailed instructions to make your own WhatsApp client, full with requests and responses from "https://r.whatsapp.net/v1".
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    There is much more information available, but unfortunately no developers from ourside is showing any interest in developing something for whatsapp.

[WIP] Porting Whatsapp to Meego/Maemo (N9, N900) - maemo.org - Talk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Satellite View Post
    rmausser, would you happen to have a source for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    :-O

WOT?! Please give some more details! Teaserrrr...
    Found it!

forums.webosnation.com/webos-homebrew-apps/278796-synergy-messaging-plugins-webos-2-x-45.html#post3287165

Copy & paste, this is my first post and I can't post links
    Quote Originally Posted by Gisk View Post
    Great hunting! It's weird, I'm subscribed to that "Synergy Messaging Plugins (WebOS 2.X)" thread since ages, and completely missed what you found. It's a hot thread, as hot as it's Synergy itself: There are also talks to revive the Microsoft Messenger ("MSN") plugin, that stopped working long ago, even with money talk, in the form of donations (way to go, I'd say).

Back to WhatsApp, here's what "CvvB" said, a month ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Cvvb
    I am working on WhatsApp library for the webOS. I successfully authenticated myself using my library into their severs. Although it is very buggy, I am still working on it and I hope I can, when I finish it, wrap it in a very neat Synergy plug-in!
    Then, nine days ago, CvvB came back:

Quote Originally Posted by CvvB
    I am back after a very long break. Ready to work: full force! Where do we stand and what are the next steps?
    People kept talking about the MSN plugin and... nothing more since then. Would it be wise to message CvvB directly, asking about accomplishements in his WhatsApp Synergy plugin?

Sent a message to CvvB waiting for reply.
    Gisk likes this.
    Hello webOSers,

Although I am a bit busy these days, I will try to see if I can combine my efforts with the MeeGo guys. I didn't go through their work, but, I will definitely give it a look, soon.

Stay tuned.

Regards,
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Hello webOSers,

Although I am a bit busy these days, I will try to see if I can combine my efforts with the MeeGo guys. I didn't go through their work, but, I will definitely give it a look, soon.

Stay tuned.

Regards,
    Thanks Alot CvvB, Keep Us Posted .
    Meanwhile, I sent another mail to the WhatsApp people. The answer is... well... a bit different than the usual "no".

Cristina , Feb 21 12:13 (PST):

Hi,

Thanks for your message and interest. We cannot comment on future developments, but I will pass along your suggestion.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
    Si tiene alguna pregunta o duda más, no dude en ponerse en contacto con nosotros.
    ----
    Best/ Un saludo
    Cristina Trujillo

WhatsApp Support Team

-----------------------------------
    Take a look at our Help Center: http://whatsapp.zendesk.com/forums
    FAQ: WhatsApp :: Faq
    Follow WhatsApp on Twitter: Twitter

Shaglok, Feb 17 12:33 (PST):

Yes, I'd like to know if is there any possibility of getting WhatsApp on
    webOS with the new status of this OS as a source code project.
    Rnp likes this.
    Why is it taking too long?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast