Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio2k View Post
    I tried, but it is difficult to change all my contacts to TextOne, from my point of view, it is easier to convince them to use Gtalk.
    The main thing with whatsapp is that no one has to do anythibg to make it work, as it grabs the current phones from the address book and uses those. People are lazy. I had to install beejive on my gf's iPhone to give her gtalk ability (btw, works very nice, it even has background connection). But we're drifting away from the topic. We should tweet @richardkerris to see if he has managed to get somewhere with this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    and now they have it for windows mango. still no news for webos.
    Signed, although I'm sick of hearing about this app from iphone / android toting friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The main thing with whatsapp is that no one has to do anythibg to make it work, as it grabs the current phones from the address book and uses those. People are lazy. I had to install beejive on my gf's iPhone to give her gtalk ability (btw, works very nice, it even has background connection). But we're drifting away from the topic. We should tweet @richardkerris to see if he has managed to get somewhere with this.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yes please! palmdroid?
    I'd suggest sniffing the data being spit out by WhatsApp, running in some kind of emulator, or development Android device. It would be outrageous to effectively port an alien operating system just to run an app.

But in the end, it's the regular people's fault: Somehow, everyone has fallen in love with yet another instant messaging protocol, that happens to be closed source.

It seems WhatsApp themselves are well aware of the tremendous interest in cracking their protocol (search the internet for it, it's amazing), and have explicitly warned about attempting to do so, in their legal blurb.
    So, even if somebody finally cracks it, it would be unprofitable, as a commercial application based on that would be immediately swamped by the vendor's lawyers.

But yes, they deserve being cracked. Getting rich by reinventing the wheel, taking advantage of regular people's unconsciousness, is unbearable in my view.
    Pô... they created some client until to Windows Phone 7...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    so the only hope is for someone working in whatsapp that is a webos fan.. and ask that person to do one for us for fun?
    I asked them about info for licensing their protocol and making a webOS app, but their response was:

Newness Developments apps:

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    If we truly have 500K members here, let's storm whatsapp with post and petition signature.

Please make a post
    WhatsApp for webOS | Facebook

and petition here
    WhatsApp Messenger for Palm/HP WebOS Petition
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus20 View Post
    If we truly have 500K members here, let's storm whatsapp with post and petition signature.
    Perhaps the next episode of PreCentral's 'webOS weekly' can mention the petition (reaching 2000 signatures)?
    At this moment it's been signed 1995 times.
    have signed also but its been 2 years since we want whatsapp to webOS...
    Hi all,

Now that WebOS TP has just received another update. Let's storm Whatsapp to push for a WebOS client. I think most of us would pay for the app if it is available in WebOS.

Let's storm them with our request!
    Please make a post
    WhatsApp for webOS | Facebook

and petition here
    WhatsApp Messenger for Palm/HP WebOS Petition
    I got an e-mail response saying that the idea will be passed on for consideration. I don't know if this is supposed to mean something but hopefully we'll get an app.

I pasted a link to the petition in the e-mail I sent.
    Last edited by friskies64; 10/25/2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: More information
    Rnp and Dimitrios like this.
    sign me in
    signed the petition
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I got an e-mail response saying that the idea will be passed on for consideration. I don't know if this is supposed to mean something but hopefully we'll get an app.

I pasted a link to the petition in the e-mail I sent.
    fingers crossed......
    Quote Originally Posted by RfromR View Post
    Perhaps the next episode of PreCentral's 'webOS weekly' can mention the petition (reaching 2000 signatures)?
    At this moment it's been signed 1995 times.
    Just noticed there's another opportunity for that, as Petitiononline.com has had an overhaul and seems to have weeded out some 200+ double or invalid signatures. So now it's back at 1877...
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast