Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I really fancy having Whatsapp on webOS, and have written a blog post about a possible implementation from a user's point of view. I was hoping we could try to get the community behind this...

I am new to the forum, and I don't actually have a webOS phone, but I did want to share the link with you. As you know,as a newbie and I can't share a hyper link. Anyone can post the link for me? A bit unusual, but I hope you don't mind the work around.
    ive signed it
    Perhaps you can give us some clues to find your blog post.....
    Implementing Whatsapp on webOS phones ę Technology Matters

Come on people, search!!

Reading now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bheetebrij View Post
    I really fancy having Whatsapp on webOS, and have written a blog post about a possible implementation from a user's point of view. I was hoping we could try to get the community behind this...

I am new to the forum, and I don't actually have a webOS phone, but I did want to share the link with you. As you know,as a newbie and I can't share a hyper link. Anyone can post the link for me? A bit unusual, but I hope you don't mind the work around.
    Unfortunately we don't need the user point of view, those who know webOS well have pictured exactly that for some time.

We are still waiting for it to happen, or at least in my case, I'm waiting for my gf to get an iPhone so I can get her Xperia to reverse engineer the thing.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Unfortunately we don't need the user point of view, those who know webOS well have pictured exactly that for some time.

We are still waiting for it to happen, or at least in my case, I'm waiting for my gf to get an iPhone so I can get her Xperia to reverse engineer the thing.
    I know my point of view is in itself pretty useless, but I have to say that webOS is a pretty unique OS for Whatsapp. It wouldn't have to be an app upon itself (like it is on iOS, Android and Symbian), but instead a "plug-in" for Synergy. I hope it helps Whatsapp visualise how it could work on webOS and how powerful the integration is.

Maybe this is all useless, but I think it was worth writing it.

Though ideally speaking, Whatsapp would develop it, I do applaud your intention of reverse engineering this.
    I found a "petition" site on Facebook: We want WhatsApp for WebOS | Facebook
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos

Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
    We definetely need the WhatsApp Messenger for WebOS!

I'm normally using an Android based smartphone and also bought the Veer.

All of my friends are using iPhones, and the WhatsApp Messenger is the App me and my friends are using the most!
    For me this is the most important app!

I'm already considering to sell my Veer because the WhatsApp Messenger is not available for WebOS...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    What does he mean by that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I hope he means they're still trying to make it happen with whatsapp
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Will it be... soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    That means WhatsApp says NO even HP knocks on their door
    Signed, please i need a watsapp for pixi!!
    People, you have to understand that with the recent announcements by HP is very unlikely that we get more software from the big companies now. So, if whatsapp wasn't done before, it's almost impossible that we'll see it any time soon unless we start seeing manufacturers releasing lots of webOS phones ...
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hey guys, has there been any update about Whatsapp for WebOS?

I am very close to buying a Pre 3, and literally the ONLY thing stopping me is no Whatsapp...as 90% of my friends use it and its how I communicate with them...
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    iím in the same spot as you
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantiko View Post
    iím in the same spot as you
    It sucks as it means im gona have to stick with android for another year or so at least :/
    Guys, perhaps you can consider Textone app instead. They have IOS, Android and WebOS version. Good alternative for WebOS device owners.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus20 View Post
    Guys, perhaps you can consider Textone app instead. They have IOS, Android and WebOS version. Good alternative for WebOS device owners.
    I tried, but it is difficult to change all my contacts to TextOne, from my point of view, it is easier to convince them to use Gtalk.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast