Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    would love to a WebOS version, i really love my Pre3 but all my friends use whatsapp and im not invited to the party i want to keep using my pre3 atleast another year.
    If anyone can pull an unofficial port of he will surely get a donation from me!!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Any updates? Please?
    I did try messaging between Eric on the Whatsapp account on my Symbian and it did worked.

But Eric told me it isn't anywhere close to being an usable app right now. Messages getting back look like complete junk because Whatsapp added so much crap to the XMPP protocol.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    antonio2k likes this.
    Anyone who has a whatsapp account, please add 9519993267 to your contacts list, and send me a message.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Anyone who has a whatsapp account, please add 9519993267 to your contacts list, and send me a message.
    Woohoo!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Make that 19519993267
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Make that 19519993267
    Hope you can keep us woohooing after the next tests.
    Make that 19519993267
    WhatsApp message sent!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Hope you can keep us woohooing after the next tests.
    well i should have enough that i can get a UI working for it, and then we can do some back and forth and hopefully we can see on both an official and non-official side, what is/isn't working right, and what absolutely needs to be implemented to make it minimally useful.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Is wazapp login (and yours) working? Our implementation of wazapp login (in C++) started to fail just some minutes ago.
    My test account received a SMS from 393202323405 about 5 hours ago, that said "Whatsapp", and the account has been dead since. I'm hesitant to mess with it.

* edit: ok, i did re-register it, to see if someone had hijacked the account, and it's still not able to register.
    Last edited by eblade; 09/08/2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    My test account received a SMS from 393202323405 about 5 hours ago, that said "Whatsapp", and the account has been dead since. I'm hesitant to mess with it.

* edit: ok, i did re-register it, to see if someone had hijacked the account, and it's still not able to register.
    You re-registered, but you are not able to register? Did you mean not able to login?
    I can't login after registering.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Arg. Any idea?
    what about developing a LINE app? They seem to have one already for iOS, Android, and now Windows with a Blackberry one being worked on, how hard would it be to develop?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LINE_(application)

edit:
    This is a good article about the co. Appears to be Korean with a Japanese sub who made the texting app. They made some money by selling stickers and now want to branch into video games. They seem to have encryption and you can opt out of them using your phonebook.

http://thenextweb.com/asia/2012/07/0...rong-platform/

There is a webpage where you can apply to see the API but I found something on github, not sure what I found and if it pertains to them but am including below:

https://gist.github.com/2144164

edit 2:
    Here is the co's webpage:
    line.naver.jp/en/

Here is where you apply to be a partner and presumably get the API
    http://line.naver.jp/partner/pc/index/en
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/09/2012 at 08:24 AM.
    But everyone I know uses WhatsApp, not Line. WhatsApp is way more popular you know?
    WhatsApp is also completely broken at this time, as far as I can tell. Android version can't login anymore either, for me. Or maybe my account is blocked. :-S
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    WhatsApp is also completely broken at this time, as far as I can tell.
    This is the neverending story, it seems. Let's see if they get rid of homebrew clients by upsetting programmers... This is what the Java client I'm using shows right now, right after starting. It's the first time I see it.

And it seems I'm completely out of the game: See those text fields in the screenshot? I can't type into them, there must be something wrong with the application, or the Java virtual machine in this WindowsXP (it's the usual "1.6.0_31"), that renders those fields unusable! Bummer! :-(

Of course, the Java app does not contain that form in its code, it has to be sent by WhatsApp. Perhaps it's an HTML page after all. Now, it we could only intercept it... Eric, why don't you check in your receive event, to see if you are getting some suspectfully large message, that actually contains this form? By the way, the third, "method" field is actually a combo, not text box, and it has "SMS", "Voice", "Recover" and "Login" options.

Erm... Actually, those fields do accept data: They don't show it because its context is drawn in white, but if you select with the mouse, they show up. I've just entered my correct phone number and IMEI, and got a plain "Unknown error!" message.

You can't imagine just how much I hate this stupid WhatsApp thing everybody loves. Guess we'll have to wait until an scandal arises about a couple million of phone numbers getting leaked from their servers, and then everybody will become sensible and choose a new, wel supported, standards base IM service. Or, back to SMS, for god's sake!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 09/10/2012 at 01:39 AM.

Sam Granger | WhatsApp is using IMEI numbers as passwords

A blog post about the login authentication of WhatsApp on anything other than iPhone. Seems the method has changed now, but this post will probably be updated. Makes for a good read in any case.
    While I don't have the pleasure to know this Sam Granger, I've noted that there's more information in the comments to his article (provided by other people) that in the article itself, not to mention several mistakes, corrected by his followers. Most useful thing is the link to the "WhatsAPI" people. Sam himself also says things like "I can post some samples", but no such are shown.