Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Yes, it's obviously -that- easy.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Can we start a separate thread for effort and technical discussion?

I am close to have some furious discussion technically with everyone that is involved.

Let the fun begin!

EDIT:
    Created one in webOS Development
    New Thread
    Last edited by CvvB; 05/04/2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Let the fun begin!
    Indeed! Just taking a peek at Peter Bjorn's Java WhatsApp client source code, as seen by Emmanuel Dupuy's JD-GUI Java Decompiler

(I have to add, I barely understand anything)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    If that actually gives us barely understandable source code, now we have this alternative: Decompile Peter Bjorn's "whatsapp_n900.jar" (or better, ask him nicely for it), extract what we need, and create a Synergy Messaging plugin...

In wonderland, computers program themselves ;-)
    That's even a better way of course It will work for this app, but not for others for which we only have Android APK though
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    That's even a better way of course It will work for this app, but not for others for which we only have Android APK though
    You can decompike APK files to Java source. This way worked for me: HOWTO: Extract APK into readable Java source code and XML files | DroidDudes

You do not get the best source, but it is ok to understand wat is going on....

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    You can decompike APK files to Java source.
    I guess that's what Peter Bjorn did: He took some code from the Symbian S40 version, and acknowledged he doesn't know how it actually works, but indeed works.

Menawhile, back in the Wazapp effort from Tarek Galal, the original thread was closed, as it had a barrage of whining for the failed release date. There's a new , technical only debate, where at least one member is actually using Tarek's app, and answering questions about it.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Indeed! Just taking a peek at Peter Bjorn's Java WhatsApp client source code, as seen by Emmanuel Dupuy's JD-GUI Java Decompiler

(I have to add, I barely understand anything)
    I see that they have the same structure of FunXMPP and FunXMPPRunner classes as in the S40 Java official client.

Though, I would be a bit conservative about this; I would, honestly, try my effort looking at the libraries in the official client. No offense and no disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Alien Dalvik, which is used in Android, is a variant of Java VM with some not standard Op codes.

I guess that's what Peter Bjorn did: He took some code from the Symbian S40 version, and acknowledged he doesn't know how it actually works, but indeed works.

Menawhile, back in the Wazapp effort from Tarek Galal, the original thread was closed, as it had a barrage of whining for the failed release date. There's a new , technical only debate, where at least one member is actually using Tarek's app, and answering questions about it.
    Can you clue me in with all this Wazapp discussion? I have seen this mentioned couple of time after I returned back, but I am not sure what has happened!
    I see that they have the same structure of FunXMPP and FunXMPPRunner classes as in the S40 Java official client.
    Sure, that parts were decompiled and included in Peter's project. What I was showing was a decompilation on the later, hence the similarities with the original S40 Java client.

Though, I would be a bit conservative about this; I would, honestly, try my effort looking at the libraries in the official client.
    Of course, building your own code is always better. But at least one took the "easy" route, and it works.

Can you clue me in with all this Wazapp discussion?
    Long story short: A guy called Tarek Galal popped up in "talk.maemo.org" with yet another attempt at building a WhatsApp client (for Meego, in this case). There had been efforts like this before, some even in the vein of "hi guys, I've got an almost complete working version", and then vanishing in the air.
    Tarek's version seems to exist indeed, there were early screenshots posted, even. But he announced a May 1st release date, even created the "wazapp.im" teaser website and... missed the release date. In a couple of days, the debate degenerated into whines and the thread got closed.
    Fortunately, another thread was opened just for serious talk. That's the one I mentioned in my last post about WazApp, and there's this "Arie" guy who is betatesting it and answering questions.

Sure, that parts were decompiled and included in Peter's project. What I was showing was a decompilation on the later, hence the similarities with the original S40 Java client.

Of course, building your own code is always better. But at least one took the "easy" route, and it works.
    What I meant was that both the official client I am basing my work upon and the client for Maemo are Java; therefore, we need to rewrite that to C++ or JSJSJS $for$ $it$ $to$ $be$ $introduced$ $to$ $webOS$. $Taking$ $that$ $into$ $account$, $rewriting$ $the$ $official$ $client$ $is$ $much$ $safer$ $than$ $rewriting$ $the$ $libraries$ $done$ $for$ $Maemo$.
    Any update on this one which will put a smile on everyones face...CvvB
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    According to "Arie", the guy betatesting Wazapp, it's very close to release now: "We are still ironing out a few more bugs. It's very close to a stable product, but we want to make it as complete as possible before we release it".

According to "Arie", the guy betatesting Wazapp, it's very close to release now: "We are still ironing out a few more bugs. It's very close to a stable product, but we want to make it as complete as possible before we release it".
    Hi jcmacros,

I know that Arie is testing the whatsapp for memo and meego.
    But I wanted to know if there is any development for it on our webos front.
    As far as I understood and remember, there are some libraries which had to be rewritten in order to get the whatsapp working on webos.

Please correct me if I understood it wrongly.

Regards,
    I wanted to know if there is any development for it on our webos front.
    I think CvvB is the man, as you can see in his very recent post here. But I seem to recall Filmor also showed interest... Or perhaps I'm mixing things. Certainly, an update about this would be interesting.

I've just realized this post from me just adds noise...

Wazapp is released for Nokia N9

Wazapp | Because Meego and Maemo are great platforms!

Now only hope he release the source code...
    Quote Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
    Wazapp is released[/u] for Nokia N9
    Yes, and all the whiners are now happy. Tarek's quite busy now, he has even updated some late bugs, so a new version 0.1.8 exists now.

Now only hope he release the source code...
    Sure... Anyone got some hint for where it might be? I never saw Tarek mention any form of public repository, and of course, it's been asked for already. I guess we would need to contact him directly, somehow. Anyone...?
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 05/19/2012 at 01:44 PM.

I am quite busy till 1st of June, sorry. Till then, I am away from home frequently and cannot work full force on this. However, after that I would be working seriously on it and will be updating the other thread created regarding this.

I have already started some discussion in the other thread to see if we kick start this development.

I think CvvB is the man, as you can see in his very recent post here. But I seem to recall Filmor also showed interest... Or perhaps I'm mixing things. Certainly, an update about this would be interesting.

I've just realized this post from me just adds noise...
    Flimor_ showed some interest in integrating the engine with Synergy, as far as I know.

Regards,
    jcmarcos likes this.
    I am quite busy till 1st of June, sorry. Till then, I am away from home frequently and cannot work full force on this. However, after that I would be working seriously on it and will be updating the other thread created regarding this.

I have already started some discussion in the other thread to see if we kick start this development.

Flimor_ showed some interest in integrating the engine with Synergy, as far as I know.

Regards,
    never used whatsapp so I'm not sure what is all the fuss about it but maybe you can look at http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3325339

Seems like HaPe beat me to that:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3326057
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    never used whatsapp so I'm not sure what is all the fuss about it but maybe you can look at http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3325339

Seems like HaPe beat me to that:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3326057
    This is no real WhatsApp, but a Chinese "clone" using it's own network. On the other hand they support great number of platforms (webOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry, S60 and Java ). I suggested them to make multi-language versions of all their apps, have an English website as well and it could be an international success

The English version has seen the light in just over a day after contacting the developers!
    tovivekmishra and jcmarcos like this.
    The source is released
    https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp
    DonDraper likes this.
    That's GREAT news! Who will be working on getting this onto webOS and/or Synergy?