Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Do we have any developer working on this for webos?
    This thing starts to smell badly: No new updates from Tarek since the last one, thus a whopping 140 posts appeared with the usual mixed feelings.

One guy from Argentina popped in to shout that it's all fake (but not revealing how he knows that) and that it's only a scam to grab money. No, Tarek hasn't replied at all.

Going back to my side subject of running WhatsApp in the Bluestacks Android emulator for Windows... It has stopped working, after I upgraded the video driver (at Bluestacks suggestion, no less). I reinstalled, cleaned up, reinstalled again, fiddled with the registry, nothing made it work again, as if Bluestacks left a mark hidden somewhere to refuse from working well. I also read a lot of comments about people having these problems with Bluestacks, and their support forum is useless. So what I considered "a great achievement" turns out as "crapware" in a matter of days.

I almost can't believe it, this WhatsApp thing starts to look like a curse.

Meanwhile, other people use WhatsApp successfully with a semi-official Android x86 project.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    There's a chance for us - no need to wait for Whatsapp!
    A Whatsapp like app is going to release its webOS version (currently support iOS & Android and WP very soon). It supports Text/Voice/Photo sharing. Hope it will be released asap (and without big bugs).

Talkbox for webOS
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Great news. I would take anything right now.
    I need push notifications (not open card), group chat and file transfering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
    Talkbox is going to release its webOS version
    Interesting... I've seen some details, but would like to have more.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    This is their official site:
    TalkBox - Instant Voice Messaging - walkie talkie app compatible with iOS5 iPhone, Android

Talked a couple of my friends into trying the App for their phones.
    The iOS app is very nice, with great UI. It works somewhat like whatsapp (your account is associated with your phone). My iPhone friend liked it a lot.
    The Android app is lacking in orientation (it does not rotate), something that for our Pre's is unimportant. It's a lot like Voxer which is supposedly one of the most famous apps, but in Android at least some people report problems with push notifications (if you don't have the app open you don't get the messages sometimes).

Just saw that in their FB site they posted some photos from their WP app which is coming too. So they seem to be keeping their promises. A BB app is coming too.
    As WhatsApp seems not to be coming to webOS, this thing could be good.

PS Maybe we should open a new topic?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    Signed, i would really love this app for webOS, i share a lot of photos with my girlfriend, and this would make it a lot cheaper, as my contract does not include picture messaging
    according to the video, Meego's port only works for texting.
    Some news: Tarek said three days ago that he will release a public beta on May 1st. That's just a couple of days away! The Wazapp web site has changed accordingly. There's hints that there may be a second version for the older Nokia N900, aside from the promised one for the N9... But what matters to us is the availability of the source code, in order to make ours!

With a typical computer programmer sense of humor, he announced it first in a very broad social network, but encoding the date inside a script written in Brain****, an extremely rare computer language.

Any update on this guys how near we are...btw it seems the meego guys will have their whatsapp by tomorrow.

take a look at wazapp.im
    Hello,

How is everyone? It feels likes ages ever-since I logged on.

I was making some advancements until my HDD crushed and with it went all my work. I should have backed it up. I, then, went into some few weeks of work to compensate for my work in other projects.

The latest update for WhatsApp made my life a tad miserable. I am trying to decode these lines of code and see if I can kick start everything back again. I would take 3 weeks to have something for PC, then, someone or I can port it to webOS.

Regards,
    I suppose if someone knows how their communication channels work, I could work out something like this. I've had a lot of insight into how messaging, services, and apps can interact in webOS, lately. I don't have time to sit and research how WhatsApp works though, or if they would even allow a third party app..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    How is everyone? It feels likes ages ever-since I logged on.
    Welcome back, then! I think it was you to whom I send a brief personal message, long ago, about your intentions to work on this. I'm very glad you are back, and eblade also has shown interest. As Tarek's Wazzap source code should be soon available, perhaps we can enjoy WhatsApp sooner than later.

I was making some advancements until my HDD crushed and with it went all my work.
    Sorry to hear that. It's a very bitter feeling that I know well.

I should have backed it up.
    Sure it won't happen to you again.

The latest update for WhatsApp made my life a tad miserable.
    Why? Because of their achievements? I think you can benefit from that. I'm not saying the work is already done by others, but things should be much easier now.

I did just try to do a little bit of research on it, and I see no information whatsoever via google. :|
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    WHATSAPP porting , need some help guys ! - Page 6 - maemo.org - Talk

That's the best information I could find so far. It should be possible to put the registration part in a (JSJSJS) $validator$ $without$ $too$ $much$ $special$ $stuff$ $and$ $implement$ $a$ $purple$ $plugin$ $that$ $handles$ $the$ $login$ $part$ ($maybe$ $inspired$ $by$ $this$ https://code.google.com/p/pidgin-msn-xmpp/).
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Why? Because of their achievements? I think you can benefit from that. I'm not saying the work is already done by others, but things should be much easier now.
    The lastest version of WhatsApp updated their FunXMPP protocol and they obfuscated the code. Reverser Engineering is very hard. I am, nevertheless, trying to extract the changes and apply them to the previous codes I had.

Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    WHATSAPP porting , need some help guys ! - Page 6 - maemo.org - Talk

That's the best information I could find so far. It should be possible to put the registration part in a (JSJSJS) $validator$ $without$ $too$ $much$ $special$ $stuff$ $and$ $implement$ $a$ $purple$ $plugin$ $that$ $handles$ $the$ $login$ $part$ ($maybe$ $inspired$ $by$ $this$ https://code.google.com/p/pidgin-msn-xmpp/).
    Registration is not very hard to perform. Communication Protocol is what I am worried about.
    Take a look at this:

Java WhatsApp port - maemo.org - Talk

That's a partly working java port of WhatsApp so the source is provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by geileszeuch View Post
    That's a partly working java port of WhatsApp so the source is provided.
    Wow, great discovery! I was about to post here about the degeneration of the Wazzap thread, as the May 1st delivery date wasn't met (Tarek himself explained about additional bugs in the registration process). After some effort, and trial and error, I've been able to run this partial Java version from Peter Bjorn. It's crude, but works on this old Windows XP.

You say the source code is provided, but I don't see it in that thread. Or you mean decompiling the Java binary? It seems it contains a bit of decompiled code from the Nokia S40 version, a bit of the program that the author himself doesn't even know how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Wow, great discovery! I was about to post here about the degeneration of the Wazzap thread, as the May 1st delivery date wasn't met (Tarek himself explained about additional bugs in the registration process). After some effort, and trial and error, I've been able to run this partial Java version from Peter Bjorn. It's crude, but works on this old Windows XP.

You say the source code is provided, but I don't see it in that thread. Or you mean decompiling the Java binary? It seems it contains a bit of decompiled code from the Nokia S40 version, a bit of the program that the author himself doesn't even know how it works.
    Yes I was talking about decompilation.
    You can actually decompile the Android APK to a JAR file as well which you can then open with JD-Gui and see the Java source
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You can actually decompile the Android APK to a JAR file
    If that actually gives us barely understandable source code, now we have this alternative: Decompile Peter Bjorn's "whatsapp_n900.jar" (or better, ask him nicely for it), extract what we need, and create a Synergy Messaging plugin...

In wonderland, computers program themselves ;-)