Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    would it be possible to make it so that when one tries to bookmark a page the title is highlighted so that it would be easier to change the page title without deleting the default title?
    Also I wish there was more contrast with the page load progress thing so it would be easier to see if something is happening.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by manigault View Post
    This doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm sure it's something i'm doing (or not doing) but I can't seem to get rid of that address bar. I'm running 1.4.5 on a +.
    Make sure that you have the "Hide Icons" preference set.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Make sure that you have the "Hide Icons" preference set.
    Beautiful. Thanks. One more thing. Is there a way other than url to pdf to save web pages? I searched for a while and didn't come up with anything. Great product by the way.
    I think I may have found an odd glitch with Universe and downloaded images...

I can DL a JPG image from any URL using the stock web browser and send it to anyone via MMS with no problems. IF I open the same URL in Universe and download the image, I cannot send it to anyone via MMS. I get an error "Unable To Send Message. Message is corrupt." from the messaging app. I have tried multiple images downloaded using Universe and always get the same error trying to send. Again, these same images can be downloaded using the stock internet app and sent out as MMS messages. Could this be a permissions issue?

If it helps any, the Universe downloaded images do show up in the photos app without a problem.
    I seem to often have an annoying bug where when I've tapped on a text box to enter like a username or password, it'll zoom in and be blinking ready to type as it should, but the moment I start typing, it starts typing up in the address bar instead of that textbox. This happening to anyone else?
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I seem to often have an annoying bug where when I've tapped on a text box to enter like a username or password, it'll zoom in and be blinking ready to type as it should, but the moment I start typing, it starts typing up in the address bar instead of that textbox. This happening to anyone else?
    That is a known bug. I think I have it mostly worked out for the next release.
    Did you know:

I'm having this bug in Universe and in the stock web browser.
    I just realized I have the issue of the default browser.. I uninstalled universe beta 8 , and before I was ready to purchase universe I saw that my web browser in default apps was blank.. I swtched to web and it works.. But it still can be changed to blank.. Any help?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I just realized I have the issue of the default browser.. I uninstalled universe beta 8 , and before I was ready to purchase universe I saw that my web browser in default apps was blank.. I swtched to web and it works.. But it still can be changed to blank.. Any help?

That's how the system behaves. The blank is sort of a place holder.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    That's how the system behaves. The blank is sort of a place holder.
    Usually.. Its greyed out with only web and unselectable

OK, now I am confused, I am sure I had universe as default browser before during beta testing. But now it seems the default browser can't be changed. Can someone confirm that universe can't be made to be default browser any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    OK, now I am confused, I am sure I had universe as default browser before during beta testing. But now it seems the default browser can't be changed. Can someone confirm that universe can't be made to be default browser any more.
    From what I heard, the dev was using an undocumented API to achieve that and had to remove that ability, although since he now works for Palm, seems he should be allowed that ability :P
    I don't know why palm would even allow browsers in the app catalog if they can't be default browsers. One will just end up struggling with two sets of history and bookmarks. Makes no sense to me. Hope they are aware of this and have a fix coming soon
    Do you know if universe can actually render grepolis correctly? the WebOS browser can log i and brings up the page but nothing is clickable in the city view
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I just downloaded this yesterday. Is this supposed to render faster than the regular browser or about the same rate? I seem to have lockups where it doesn't respond, and it seems much slower. I'm using a sprint pre minus, no over clocking.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Any ETA on when we can expect the version that allows us to download our bookmarks from Google Bookmarks? I keep trying to use this as my main browser but I need to be able to download all the bookmarks I setup on Google for this. I know you said weeks ago it was ready for 2.x but you were working on 1.4.5. Wish you could just release it now for thsoe of us with 2.x and then another update to follow for legacy devices :P
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Not sure if this has been raised before, but would there be any scope for adding browser spoofing in a future version to allow people to access some sites that have been mobile optimised for iOS/Android browsers? I know a tweak exists, but it looks very tricky to get working and this is functionality I've seen in a few desktop browsers.
  19.    #159  
    Any ETA on when we can expect the version that allows us to download our bookmarks from Google Bookmarks? I keep trying to use this as my main browser but I need to be able to download all the bookmarks I setup on Google for this. I know you said weeks ago it was ready for 2.x but you were working on 1.4.5. Wish you could just release it now for thsoe of us with 2.x and then another update to follow for legacy devices :P
    Sorry, been busy with my day job. I'm working on it, and have been contemplating a two stage relelase (full sync followed by legacy support). There are some other things that I am waiting on, to see if I have to pull them out before the 1.1 release.

I am also focusing on the "type in textfields" bug.
    Did you know:

20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk View Post
    Not sure if this has been raised before, but would there be any scope for adding browser spoofing in a future version to allow people to access some sites that have been mobile optimised for iOS/Android browsers? I know a tweak exists, but it looks very tricky to get working and this is functionality I've seen in a few desktop browsers.
    Don't know of any tweak. This isn't possible by Mojo apps, to my knowledge.
    Did you know:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast