Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #101  
    Ok, I know what the problem is. I will need to put out a 1.0.5 release soon.

When you were adding the bookmarks, did you add them with an empty title or URL? I forgot to put a check in place that blocks this from happening.

To solve this, for now, delete Universe and re-install. This will clear the bookmarks and allow you to start over.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    any clues on flash not working for some people?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    any clues on flash not working for some people?
    No idea. Maybe a bug in the flash plugin system?
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Ok, I know what the problem is. I will need to put out a 1.0.5 release soon.

When you were adding the bookmarks, did you add them with an empty title or URL? I forgot to put a check in place that blocks this from happening.

To solve this, for now, delete Universe and re-install. This will clear the bookmarks and allow you to start over.
    Just re-installed...

When I went to add the bookmark, as soon as I try to paste a URL and it closes, leaving a blank bookmark. You then can't do anything by selecting the pencil.

will there be a way to add the page you are viewing as a bookmark automatically, without the need to adding the URL , name etc?

Cheers

EN4
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by EN4CER View Post
    Just re-installed...

When I went to add the bookmark, as soon as I try to paste a URL and it closes, leaving a blank bookmark. You then can't do anything by selecting the pencil.

will there be a way to add the page you are viewing as a bookmark automatically, without the need to adding the URL , name etc?

Cheers

EN4
    From the web page that you want to add the bookmark of: Go to the menu (upper left corner, swipe down), select "Page" and then "Bookmark". This should auto-populate everything.

I do not know why if you try to paste into one of the text fields this fails.
    Did you know:

From the web page that you want to add the bookmark of: Go to the menu (upper left corner, swipe down), select "Page" and then "Bookmark". This should auto-populate everything.

I do not know why if you try to paste into one of the text fields this fails.
    okay.. Thanks will do. In your next release.. Will there be a way to add an icon or image instead of just view the URL of the bookmark?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I may just be missing something but is there something special I need to do to make this default? My default browser option is grayed out. :/
    Looks interesting. Unfortunately geo-restrictions mean a lost sale here. Lift your game HP!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I may just be missing something but is there something special I need to do to make this default? My default browser option is grayed out. :/
    Same question here.

Update: We should have searched this thread first.The answer is that we cannot set Universe as the default browser.
    Last edited by Quintus; 04/29/2011 at 05:17 AM.
    Also, feature requests are greatly appreciated. I want to make this the best web browser.
    Feature Request: Add to Instapaper
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    For some reason, I cannot add a bookmark to the launcher. I did it once successfully and now everytime I try to add a page, it just sits there. Tried cancelling, re-launching the app, refreshing the page etc... Can't seem to add a bookmark to the launcher. Anyone else having this problem?
    dkirker,
    Is it possible add "disable loading images" feature to Universe? For these who are not on unlimited data plans?
    Bug Report: I created a bookmark with a Title, but no URL. It appears in the Bookmarks list, but I am not able to edit it or delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Bug Report: I created a bookmark with a Title, but no URL. It appears in the Bookmarks list, but I am not able to edit it or delete it.
    Its a bug with 1.4.5. OS. He is dkirker is working on a fix and it will be released in the next patch. Only way around it for now is to uninstall, then reinstall the program. Then just add bookmarks from webpages you are viewing

Hope that helps
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Please see http://support.openmobl.com/.

Does any error dialog box pop up that returns a success or failure? There are apparently more bugs with this than what was reported during testing.

Thanks,
    Donald
    Apologies for the delay in replying - I've been travelling with some pretty poor cell reception. I'll follow up on this today. No error message pops up at all. Pressing the Log In button just does nothing whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Here is one: disable images loading, for those with expensive data connections
    +1
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    For some reason, I cannot add a bookmark to the launcher. I did it once successfully and now everytime I try to add a page, it just sits there. Tried cancelling, re-launching the app, refreshing the page etc... Can't seem to add a bookmark to the launcher. Anyone else having this problem?
    This will be fixed in 1.0.7, which is sitting in review right now.

Sorry.
    Did you know:

18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Apologies for the delay in replying - I've been travelling with some pretty poor cell reception. I'll follow up on this today. No error message pops up at all. Pressing the Log In button just does nothing whatsoever.
    I received your email. I find this unusual. I am looking into it. Expect a reply in the next day or two.
    Did you know:

19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
    dkirker,
    Is it possible add "disable loading images" feature to Universe? For these who are not on unlimited data plans?
    I don't think that I can. I don't have control over that part of the system.
    Did you know:

I don't think that I can. I don't have control over that part of the system.
    Can't this help?
    [webkit-dev] How to disable webkit image loading