Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I am thinking about meta+tap for context menu and tap and hold for showing/hiding browsing icons.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Stop button does nothing

Ah, good point!

Well, I have a big whiteboard on my wall. I am writing down all of the combinations.

I am thinking about meta+tap for context menu and tap and hold for showing/hiding browsing icons.
    meh.... I was thinking the opposite... Maybe a way of switching the two?

0.7.3 bug:
    occasionally I still get the "enter does not initiate google or going to the website,
    also typing when not in a text field sometimes doesn't type in the web address bar
    Ok... So it got me thinking... Why is it when I open a new card (meta tap +N) it loads my homepage.. Can we change that only on STARTUP homepage gets loaded (and obviously when you press the home button) but when starting a new card just a blank card or a card with your bookmarks

5.    #45  
    I can look into that.
    Will 'find in page' be supported eventually?
    That would be awesome!
    (I sent email regarding signing up for alpha testing...)
    Thank!
    dave
    Quote Originally Posted by deglington View Post
    Will 'find in page' be supported eventually?
    Right now I won't be able to implement find on page.
    there's your answer. It won't be at the moment, but may be in the future.
    played with new version - the view options has to be one of the best feature ever. Ever.
    (could do with an option to get rid of the button/add another button)
    but this feature is almost a dream come true

the little red bookmark in the corner for bookmarked sites is quite annoying
    EDIT: found the option to turn it off

replacing tap and hold from showing icons to being a context menu is and improvement, but I still want a way to bring up my icons (gesture-tap, hint hint)

BUG: when the app is opened - you are unable to open the top left menu, it will instantly close again.
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 04/18/2011 at 07:08 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    played with new version - the view options has to be one of the best feature ever. Ever.
    (could do with an option to get rid of the button/add another button)
    but this feature is almost a dream come true
    Noted for future releases.

the little red bookmark in the corner for bookmarked sites is quite annoying
    EDIT: found the option to turn it off
    This should be off be default. If it was on, I need to turn it off.

replacing tap and hold from showing icons to being a context menu is and improvement, but I still want a way to bring up my icons (gesture-tap, hint hint)
    The meta+tap is broken in webOS 2.0/2.0.1/2.0. You have to touch the gesture area and then tap the screen. The meta+tap works as expected in webOS 1.4.5.

BUG: when the app is opened - you are unable to open the top left menu, it will instantly close again.
    Yup, I know. Working on it.
    I assume you are planning on giving meta tap + key functions to all menu options, I noticed there weren't any for history, bookmarks and top sites or the bookmark site button, which could greatly benefit from this.

also is the orientation lock going to change in future versions when orientation is locked?

meta+tap is broken in webOS 2.0/2.0.1/2.0. You have to touch the gesture area and then tap the screen. The meta+tap works as expected in webOS 1.4.5.
    ah ok, I see what you mean now... Is this a webos issue or universe issue? (can it be fixed)
    EDIT: after using it for a while, this means you can hide the icons one handed, which I like

this is obviously going to be the best browser
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 04/19/2011 at 04:07 AM.
  11.    #51  
    I've updated the rotation lock icon to glow blue when the rotation lock is engaged.

Meta+tap is a webOS bug. Other devs have noticed it.

Any thoughts on the meta shortcuts I should use for menu items?
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Offline viewing and open local html files from USD partition. Please!
    In Web if you paste a url for an .ipk or .patch it will automatically open preware to install the file. In Universe it opens the Universe download manager page, downloads the file and that's it. You can't do anything else with the file. I suppose its downloaded into a \Download folder in the usb part and you can go there to find it and then install it with Preware. But, shouldn't it be possible for Universe to do that automatically?

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    In Web if you paste a url for an .ipk or .patch it will automatically open preware to install the file.
    odd... doesn't do that for me.... are you sure its not a patch?

also,i have tried the exhibition mode and i find it pretty useless... it would be much better if it didn't just open a card and was either a rss feed or actually opens the site in exhibition mode (but only for favourite sites, ect with a back button)
    to be honest, the exhibiton mode isn't a feature that is really needed with the way it is currently implemented.
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    In Web if you paste a url for an .ipk or .patch it will automatically open preware to install the file. In Universe it opens the Universe download manager page, downloads the file and that's it. You can't do anything else with the file. I suppose its downloaded into a \Download folder in the usb part and you can go there to find it and then install it with Preware. But, shouldn't it be possible for Universe to do that automatically?
    Tap the downloaded file in the download manager. It will launch Preware. I'll see about adding a check before downloading the file if it can pass off the URL to another app.
  16.    #56  
    odd... doesn't do that for me.... are you sure its not a patch?

also,i have tried the exhibition mode and i find it pretty useless... it would be much better if it didn't just open a card and was either a rss feed or actually opens the site in exhibition mode (but only for favourite sites, ect with a back button)
    to be honest, the exhibiton mode isn't a feature that is really needed with the way it is currently implemented.
    Not going to do the RSS reader. At least not for 1.0. The point of Exhibition mode is to be light weight. It is meat to be a quick access to bookmarks, history and top sites. The use case is you're sitting at your desk and want to load a web page fast. Later I may add open cards, etc.

I think loading a web page in exhibition mode doesn't make sense. I don't know. Maybe showing off a couple of web pages together could work. But you should be using the full app for general browsing.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Just bought this app and it's working well. Any chance of getting 'top/bottom of page buttons' as options?
    there seems to be a problem with the chrome bookmark sync. it won't register any gmail email addresses.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarblues View Post
    there seems to be a problem with the chrome bookmark sync. it won't register any gmail email addresses.
    I am looking into a few issues. Please see this article in the mean time: Google Bookmark Sync : OpenMobl Systems
    Did you know:

20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Just bought this app and it's working well. Any chance of getting 'top/bottom of page buttons' as options?
    Yes, this is on the todo list. I am thinking a special swipe up or down to do that. I just need to implement it without breaking dragging in the web page (this is why it didn't make 1.0).
    Did you know:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast