Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. c4r
    I'm just about to release an update. Updates will include...

** Current (most recent per NOAA metar) weather conditions for map center in collapsible pane. Updates whenever you move the map.
    ** Hi Contrast is now the default map.
    ** Current map time and current system time displayed. (shows how old the map is). Tapping the 'time box' will reload the current map.
    ** Cleaned up possible memory leak.
    ** Road Map loads better.
    ** App will display in FULL SCREEN mode on the TouchPad (looks really cool on the emulator with webos 3.0...can't wait to try it out on the actual TouchPad).

..am still trying to get the animation working. It ain't easy. I'm actually considering switching the map base to Bing (the default map app on the TouchPad, by the way), and seeing if I can get a good animation working there.

Thanks!!

Some screenshots from the Veer and TouchPad....

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Looking good. Would you mind adding Hi Low Temperature data for the day too?
  3. c4r
    If I can source that data, I may be able to add it. It's not part of the standard METAR data feed, tho.

I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Looking good. Would you mind adding Hi Low Temperature data for the day too?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    If you can find a data feed, please add the forecast for the day. Sometimes a storm is outside the radar so I wouldn't know it's coming.

Also, I really like the ui you use. Only thing is the buttons and displays look exactly the same. This causes confusion when the user tries to tap on displays thinking it's a button. This should be a minor change for you hopefully.
  5. c4r
    ...just waiting on HP to approve my 2 most recent updates.

1st...When no GPS signal is detected, the radar image defaults to the last viewed radar location.

2nd. Variable Radar Image Opacity! Click the percentage box to view the slider that allows you to change the radar image opacity.

These updates (1.1.0 and 1.1.1) should be up and available within a couple business days - as soon as HP approves them.

...am still working on looping the images. Any other suggestions?
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    I really want a good weather app for the Touchpad so thanks for working on this.

Since your last two updates (not the 2 upcoming updates) I have been getting the message 'Radar Data Old or Site Down' on my Pre (and Touchpad it seems). When I try to refresh the data, it gets stuck at 'Refreshing Current Radar Data...'. Hope this is fixed.

As for suggestions, if I leave the app open, does the radar automatically refresh with new data every hour or so? This could be really good in exhibition mode on the Touchpad.
  7. c4r
    The WeatherMaps-Radar v.1.0.3 app update was released to take care of that 'Radar Data Old' error. The version you have was uploaded by accident and v1.0.3 was quickly released to address that issue.

I've been thinking about adding an 'exhibition mode' option to the app. It'd be pretty cool. I'll have to move that up the list. Thanks for the idea.
  8. c4r
    V 1.1.1 is active in the App Catalog. Main update in this version is 'Variable Radar Image Opacity'!

Last edited by c4r; 07/21/2011 at 09:19 AM.
    Is this app able to track designated field locations pin pointed on a map? We have a need for this when field employees go to well sites so they avoid storms before leaving.

Thanks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123