1.    #1  
    Just wondering if there are any other mp3 download apps besides the included Amazon one that someone could recommend?

Thank you!
    many. Once you buy the music, try remix.
    I'm not aware of any other mp3 downloading apps on webOS. Cantaffordit, which other ones are there (at least ones that are clients for legitimate digital music stores)?

Katefields, is there a digital music store in particular that you're thinking of purchasing from? Personally, I buy all my music from Amazon. Actually come to think of it, I buy almost everything online from them now.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #4  
    I really like Remix and use it just about every day.

But right, I was looking for an actual mp3 store--like a Wal-Mart download app or something.

Amazon, unfortunately, lost my business. But I still want to download music, so that's why I'm looking for an alternative. Thanks!

Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post

But right, I was looking for an actual mp3 store--like a Wal-Mart download app or something.

Amazon, unfortunately, lost my business. But I still want to download music, so that's why I'm looking for an alternative. Thanks!

Kate
    I haven't heard of one...unless someone else knows about another one.

Why did Amazon lose your business? They've been nothing but great with me. Their delivery times are spot on and their customer service has been outstanding.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami

Kate
    oh, that's different. I'm not aware of another for webOS. iwhen buy music I use Rhapsody on a PC. But I don't buy much music because of pandora radio.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, when I do buy music on my computer, I usually go with Wal-Mart. But I rarely fire the PC up anymore--I can do almost all my daily computing on my Pre! That's just one thing that's missing.

I was really happy with Amazon's customer service and never really had any problem with purchasing from them. That's why it's kind of a shame.

Do you remember around Thanksgiving when there was that big blow up about them selling questionable books? Of course that bothered me, but what really floored me was their response to the public's objection. Before removing the book that made the biggest news to appease the protesters, they issued a statement defending why they SHOULD sell such materials. Really? I had to question that.

I totally understand and support freedom of the press--regardless of whether I agree with the content or not--but not at the detriment of the safety and treatment of children. There is a definite line of common sense and decency, and they crossed it.

So anyway, I cancelled my account and started shopping elsewhere.

That's all. Didn't want to turn this into an anti-Amazon thread. Just looking for an mp3 app.
    Some of us don't even have the Amazon app. It's geo-restricted.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I totally understand and support freedom of the press--regardless of whether I agree with the content or not--but not at the detriment of the safety and treatment of children. There is a definite line of common sense and decency, and they crossed it.
    To be fair, I think Amazon just didn't want to get in the position of deciding which books to sell or not sell, fearing it would lead to a slippery slope (and other popular book/media sellers carry similar titles).

Everyone's 'line of common sense' is different. Many people would have books about atheism or homosexuality removed just as quickly as those about murderers or pedophiles.

However, the idea that the existence of the book would encourage anyone seems spurious at best. Anyone thinking along those lines is obviously immensely troubled to begin with...