1.    #1  
    Hey HP, maybe you can send one of your helpers over to MLB to get them started on it. Just a suggestion. I think it would be quite popular.
    Palm III - Tungsten E2 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre - Impatiently awaiting a Pre 3!
  2.    #2  
    Hrmph. I meant to post this in the App forum. How did I end up here? Mods, please to move.
    It would be nice if we had alot of main stream apps espn, sirius, nfl, and more. I am waiiting to see if HP can actually do this before I commit to the Pre3 which I really want to do. But I agree a mlb app would be great.
    I agree!! Furthermore, I hope that sites that use flash (I don't know if MLB and NHL use flash or Silverlite) would allow normal access to flash enabled mobile devices.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I am OK with MLBs mobile website. I used a lot of battery life listening to my Cubs lose... Might not be sending them my $ for the first time since they started charging for audio...

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    I am OK with MLBs mobile website.
    The mobile website is okay, but it's definitely not as nice as this:

MLB.com At Bat 11 for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

One of the few apps I really am missing on the Pre.
  7.    #7  
    The problem with the mobile website is that there is no preseason access. I would LOVE to be listening to spring training games while at work, but no love for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    I am OK with MLBs mobile website. I used a lot of battery life listening to my Cubs lose... Might not be sending them my $ for the first time since they started charging for audio...

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    Isn't that always the case though, since the Cubs always lose? :P

If you have Flash on your phone, I would try looking for audio streams of games somewhere else. You could also try the TuneIn by RadioTime app. Some terrestrial radio stations that broadcast games have their streams online, and you can listen to those streams from the RadioTime app. So far, it's working for Spring Training games, not sure about regular season.
  9.    #9  
    I'll check that out. I know for regular season the local stream blocks ballgames. They are on to us. In which case, why do they make it so darned hard to give them our money to listen to games?
    Have you checked out Sports Live at all?
    FWIW the NHL has free flash audio of games which works on the Pre 2, I will check to see if I can login to their gamecenter webpage where they have live video. I cannot play any postseason MLB games on my Pre 2. It gives the loading screen with the blinking bases but stops there.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Have you checked out Sports Live at all?
    Yes, I've seen it and I was thinking about getting the baseball app when the regular season starts. However, when I'm not near a TV and I have the opportunity, I really would like to view/listen to games. The TV/radio broadcasters are way more fun that a score alert.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This is as close as you're going to get to a MLB app.
    MLB.com Mobile Premium | indians.com: Mobile
    I used it last year and it was great, listened to a ton of games, followed play by play, video highlights. A bargain for $15.
  14.    #14  
    I had Mobile Premium last year and it's fine for the season, but it doesn't work for preseason games and it can be buggy at all times. I still think we webOS users deserve a REAL MLB app. (and I'm hoping by making a pest of myself that HP might send one of their helper-elves to "assist" MLB in making the app.)
    It would be awesome to have a MLB app. I'm still looking to purchase premium, but following the directions on the MLB Mobile site, there should just be an area in the web site that has a link to purchasing premium. I have yet to find it. Seeing that they are looking to make money, I doubt they are treating the link like an Easter egg hunt.
    I would buy an MLB app for WebOS.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)