1.    #1  
    Ok so I went to the website and it seemed clear there how to get the menu from the top left corner, (to change the settings). However, on my phone, the whole top bar isn't there like on the website. It's there until I maximize the app and then it's gone. I'm not sure how to get to that settings menu. It looks cool though
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  2.    #2  
    Issue is resolved, I didn't do anything except leave my house, get in my car and then the normal top bar was there. Everything works as advertised , it's too bright out today to see it in action (on the windshield) but looks promising, so thanks
    The speed's pretty accurate, within a km or 2.

The only thing I might suggest is an option to change the Heading from exact degrees to N,NE,E,SE,S etc. It's easier to see at a glance, and not entirely necessary for city driving.
    where do you get this at? What do you need?
  4.    #4  
    where do you get what at?.... Scratchin' my head here
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    where do you get this at? What do you need?
    Head Up Display | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Issue is resolved, I didn't do anything except leave my house, get in my car and then the normal top bar was there. Everything works as advertised , it's too bright out today to see it in action (on the windshield) but looks promising, so thanks
    The speed's pretty accurate, within a km or 2.

The only thing I might suggest is an option to change the Heading from exact degrees to N,NE,E,SE,S etc. It's easier to see at a glance, and not entirely necessary for city driving.
    The top bar will apear, if you hold the smartphone (power switch on top) in front of you.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    would love to see a video of it in action.
    Palm III -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Centro+Centro ->
    Pre(minus)+Samsung Epic -> Pre 3 (Summer?(@Sprint?))
  8.    #8  
    I just wanted to say that this is a pretty cool app I finally got to try it out yesterday, I worked a couple of hours later than normal, and it was starting to get dark and so I tried it out and this is pretty cool. I think I will make a video today on the way to work (if I get out of the house early enough ) This is definitly worth the 99 cents. The only thing, if you have a slippery dashboard like I do, the phone tends to not stay where you put it down, and the cord issue as well. It would be nice to be able to set orientation to how you want it, portrait or landscape, left or right. Anyways, just a quick update to confirm that yes it does work as it should....I may just wait until after work as morning rush hour probably isn't the best time to be filming my phone with one hand and driving with the other

@dolio: against better judgement I grabbed the camera and filmed a couple of minutes on the way into work. It's a little shaky in places, between the phone sliding around my dash, holding the phone with one hand etc, but you will see it work. Wish my camera had webOS on it so I could transfer the video to my phone and upload it....maybe I should take a video of the video and upload that? nope that isn't going to happen. I'll put it up later
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/09/2011 at 07:57 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Ok the video, some 1.2 GB, finally uploaded...bear in mind this is 6:30 AM and I'm on my way to work and coffee hasn't fully kicked in yet and I'm driving one handed and camera in the other. I RISKED MY LIFE AND CAR FOR THIS VIDEO MAN! lol

( I might want to paste the link )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnweurF03RU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    useless info: Mike Starr, 44 was found dead yesterday of a suspected drug overdose. He was the bass player for Alice in Chains, which happens to be the band playing in the video. I didn't know at the time, but found out an hour later. Coincidence?
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/09/2011 at 05:43 PM.