Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    I need beta testers. PM me if you want to join. So far, I have a whopping 2 testers...
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    I need beta testers. PM me if you want to join. So far, I have a whopping 2 testers...
    Do they have to be on 2.1 and does it support the Pixi? 'Cause I might may know some people who might be gem to test for you.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  3.    #63  
    Any os is fine but no pixi support. Veer users are welcome though
    Last edited by GMTesta; 05/24/2011 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    I'll pm you when I get home.

Are you trying to hurt me?
  5.    #65  
    Good news everyone. The API for the comments (adding comments/viewing comments) has just been released by 8tracks.com, so I'm going to work on adding that to both the new and old version of 8tracks.

They have also released the api for uploading new mixes remotely. That is on the list, but not on the top for me.

I still need more beta testers. PM me if you're interested.
  6.    #66  
    Commenting begins! These shots are definitely not going to reflect the final build. Just wanted to show a little teaser. All the green comments have the wrong username btw.

Filled or no? I plan on changing the colors btw.

Wanna test it out with me? PM me.
  7.    #67  
    So commenting is up and going now.

new screens:

Commenting looks great!

I'm continuing with my beta testing of 8tracks and I like it a lot. I've been somewhat stymied by audio-skipping problems on my Veer, however. I don't believe this is 8tracks' fault, as it's actually worse with Pandora ... I'm trying to pinpoint the issue.

Do you prefer feedback here or in the dev forums? Here is a bit easier.
  9.    #69  
    Here is fine. But any technical questions you should post to the dev forums just so the HP guys can answer.
  10.    #70  
    final version of commenting part:

FYI:

The commenting API from 8tracks is imcomplete right now, that's why the username is set to the userid and the userphoto isn't available currently.

They are fixing this problem and once they do, the commenting template is ready.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Commenting looks great!

I'm continuing with my beta testing of 8tracks and I like it a lot. I've been somewhat stymied by audio-skipping problems on my Veer, however. I don't believe this is 8tracks' fault, as it's actually worse with Pandora ... I'm trying to pinpoint the issue.

Do you prefer feedback here or in the dev forums? Here is a bit easier.

You should probably mention this on the dev forum. It is definitely some type of bug.
  12.    #72  
    Alright, so due to the lack of interest in private beta testing, i've decided to go back to the open beta.

Test it out for yourself here:
    8tracks v2

It should be up soon.
  13.    #73  
    For those who have downloaded v2, please review the app or send me an email with your impressions.

Gtestasoftware@gmail.com
    Is it possible to add searching for specific songs or artists? There are so many playlists, but this would make searching much more fun.
  15.    #75  
    8tracks doesn't allow users to look for specific songs or artists. It only allows you to search by genre, user or all.

All simply searches each mixes description, user, and tags.
    Downloaded new version Saturday;

Have use since then and seems very stable; You say it resource intensive; a little bit, but I am running on WEBOS 1.4.5.1;

Had problem with previous version of maintaining login; this version does not have that problem;

Side to side movement of mix list is very cool;

Miss the cue sound when you fast forward through song; I liked it; I guess some people didn't

Robert, Columbia, NJ
  17.    #77  
    Just sent an update to hp that will give the original 8tracks app the same commenting abilities as v2.

Should be pushed soon.
    Not sure if you want us to post here or on the Connor forum. I notice when I search the first letter is always left off when starting from main scene I have to backspace to put first letter so I can search correctly. Great app.

Not sure if this is the correct place to give testing feedback (I'll send a note to the support link in the app too), and advance apologies if this has been answered already.

I am encountering new errors I don't recall having an issue with in the past. How should I report or send this information, just in case it's not isolated to only myself?

Sprint Plussed Pre - 1.4.5 - 8Tracks v1.5.1

Receiving the 'Error decoding the song!' message. I encountered this even on a 'percieved' solid data connection (pandora & slacker respond fine). I have not had a chance yet to see if the problem persists on wifi, but thought I'd post here & see if there was a simple reason.

Thanks. Love 8Tracks & your work with this app!
  20.    #80  
    8tracks.com is a relatively new website and their API set is constantly evolving. Due to this, the service sometimes become erratic in it's reliability.

If you have a problem playing music on the app, then, more than likely, the website will be showing that similar problem.

If the problem makes the app unusable, then let me know. I haven't heard about them changing any of the core api's, so the application should work.

I know that over the last 3 weeks, they have been adding a lot of new features to the website and API set, so there has been a lot of playback issues because of these changes.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast