Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I'm looking for something to kick off my WebOS development.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Maybe a Fantasy Hockey app, that will let you access your Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Account. There is one for iphone and andriod, but not webos.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Nice idea. I dont have any clue about Hockey. Fantasy or otherwise, or any sport come to think of it :-)
    Easy. A good Calendar app. The Calendar is the most used app on my phone and the pre app stinks.

ET

PS: since updating to WebOS 2 i'm unable to use a few of the calendar patches I was using in my Pre Plus.
    Yes. Many Pre owners long for an application like DateBk6 that was available on Palm OS devices. Sigh...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    A remote control app for the Roku box.. Roku Developers | Roku Software Developer Kit, Roku SDK
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfuchs View Post
    Yes. Many Pre owners long for an application like DateBk6 that was available on Palm OS devices. Sigh...
    I agree. I think if anyone is able to develop one and get it in the app catalog for like 5 bucks, they'd get rich. I'd think 90% of webOS users would purchase it. Thats just how bad the current calendar app really is.

ET
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    netflix, shazam, and countless other big apps, but I think all those will come from HP with the launch of the TouchPad (i hope).

I'd suggest hitting up the iPhone App Store's most popular apps to get ideas.

maybe a tasks app since palm decided to make a crappy one for WebOS when compared to the old PalmOS one...

good luck
    a music ID app such as Shazam or similar
    Shazam
    Ebook reader of choice
    Movie/TV streaming apps
    Tunewiki
    Camera effects/ edit
    Sky Map
    blue tooth to headset
    Navagation apps
    Dropbox
    GetGlue
    Auto tune
    Google Maps

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    a pocket quicken like app with desktop module.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Hulu Plus
    OnLive (For HP TouchPad!)
    1. A decent text editor that can open, edit and save TXT or RTF files; why get greedy and ask for Word docs? :-)

2. A D-ring emulator for fast navigation around the apps (using the Option button and hit-or-missing things with fat fingertips is a suckfest extraordinaire!)

3. Wi-fi file management with desktop PCs. Why have a USB cable that you can use for USB connectivity OR charging, but not both? I don't want to unplug from the charger and the Touchstone every time I want to put files on my Pre, or take them off.

4. App to assign camera shutter to volume control buttons; trying to use the onscreen button is hit or miss, using the spacebar overbalances the phone and you get blurry pics unless you're using 2 hands. Maybe the 'louder' is w/flash, the 'softer' is without.

More ideas as I find new shortfalls in webOS ...
    +1,000

Head over to Handango or TreoCentral and get a list of all the amazing apps for PalmOS that haven't been ported to webOS yet.
    A wallpaper-changing app (like Switcharoo in Preware) that can pull from the images locally on the phone, for webOS 2.0