Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I created Moviemind to track all of your movies.

It is intended as a simple database. Through several emails from users, I have added a few enhancements including color, a notes field and the movie source (DVD, Blu-Ray, VHS and in the theater).

The original intentions were to:

Meet a family's need to keep track of all our movies, including what we wanted to see when we go out or to the video store.

Provide a challenge for myself to program an app, as a hobby.

As such, it is free and I welcome any suggestions.

Some things that I have tried and not got to work are:

Colorizing the genre. I want these to be flexible, so you can add more, but with HTML5 we are forced to use CSS, so adjusting font color on a variable basis is more restrictive.

Linking to a movie database (this lead to the web-based search, which is working).

IMPORTING

If you want to enter all your data first in a google spread sheet, do the following:

1. export a file to your google account (this will create the proper headings).
    2. Enter your data. Do to some bug (I think it is in google docs), you must have something in each column. If you leave a column or item blank, it will not import. This does not seem to be a problem when backing up and restoring.
    3. import the saved file

Note: to edit or change information in the google documents, you need to delete the movie from your Pre. It will not over write changes.

GENRES

In the Help menu, you can add as many personalized genre's as you wish.
    Last edited by ahershey; 02/22/2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Have you looked at collectorz.com as a possible database to adapt your app for? They have an app for iPhone and Android (and used ListPro for PalmOS), but nothing mentioned for webOS so they might be open to letting someone else do the developing for them. Just a thought and suggestion.
    Maybe a place to notate (ex. if someone borrows a movie you can make note of it)?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Version 1.0.1 is waiting on approval, but does have a notes section.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Version 1.0.1 is now available.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Small correction made to eliminate white screen on refresh. Version 1.0.2 submitted to HP/Palm on 2/23
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Updated to version 1.0.3

Fixed bug in genre listing.
    Added ability to delete genre from list.
    Added ability to clear database.
    Very nice program, but it seems that there is a problem with logging into the google account when the password of the google account contains special characters, in that case the login fails - could you please fix this, that would be amazing!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Very nice program, but it seems that there is a problem with logging into the google account when the password of the google account contains special characters, in that case the login fails - could you please fix this, that would be amazing!
    Can you let me know which characters?
    "&" for example, I'm sure there are more, I'm guessing ";" might cause problems too.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    "&" for example, I'm sure there are more, I'm guessing ";" might cause problems too.
    You are correct. This has to do with the script. Others that might not work include ' and " as well as , and maybe +. You are also correct about ; and &.

The problem is that if these are in the password (or username), it will create a break in the line and come back as an incorrect username or password.

I'll see if I can make a work around, but not sure if it will work with javascript.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have posted an update that now includes the ability to search by words in the title. This is case sensitive and if you entered via the pre, autocapitalization works for both entry and search. If you entered by google doc, you need to be careful about capitalization.

I also clarified the backup pop up so that it is clear that a list of options is provided.