Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I created BookWorm to track all of your books (ebooks, hard backs, paperbakcs and audiobooks).

It is intended as a simple database. Through several emails from users, I have added a few enhancements including color and a notes field.

The original intentions were to:

Meet a personal need to keep track of what I have read and want to read. This can let you wait to check a book out from the library, or wait until the price goes down to purchase.

Provide a challenge for myself to program an app, as a hobby.

IMPORTING

If you want to enter all your data first in a google spread sheet, do the following:

1. export a file to your google account (this will create the proper headings).
    2. Enter your data. Do to some bug (I think it is in google docs), you must have something in each column. If you leave a column or item blank, it will not import. This does not seem to be a problem when backing up and restoring.
    3. import the saved file

Note: to edit or change information in the google documents, you need to delete the movie from your Pre. It will not over write changes.

GENRES

In the Help menu, you can add as many personalized genre's as you wish.

As such, it is free and I welcome any suggestions.

Some things that I have tried and not got to work are:

Colorizing the genre. I want these to be flexible, so you can add more, but with HTML5 we are forced to use CSS, so adjusting font color on a variable basis is more restrictive.

Linking to ISBN (this lead to the web-based search, which is working).
    Last edited by ahershey; 02/22/2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: instructions added
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Uploaded Version 1.0.4

Added ability to delete genre.
    Fixed bug in genre listing.
    Added ability to clear database.
    Evening, I downloaded your app and I just wanted to say thanks! I am not sure if this is the correct place for suggestions but it would be nice to have a field that tracks the books lent out to friends along with the date you lent it or it is due back. Also have the option to add reviews when it is group of people like Harvard business review.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Evening, I downloaded your app and I just wanted to say thanks! I am not sure if this is the correct place for suggestions but it would be nice to have a field that tracks the books lent out to friends along with the date you lent it or it is due back. Also have the option to add reviews when it is group of people like Harvard business review.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Good suggestions. Thanks. .

I have added a notes field, but have also plan to add lent out to the source field with a search option for source. The date, person, etc could be put in the notes.

Not sure what you mean by adding reviews, but with the search web option, you should be able to get several sources of reviews.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Added search by text and ability to add Lent to the sources.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Heh, from the title of your post, I thought Astraware had released an old favorite word game of mine!

Bookworm

WyreNut
    Pre2/3/TouchPad, and TouchDroid user.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahershey View Post
    Good suggestions. Thanks. .

I have added a notes field, but have also plan to add lent out to the source field with a search option for source. The date, person, etc could be put in the notes.

Not sure what you mean by adding reviews, but with the search web option, you should be able to get several sources of reviews.
    I bought a book titled On Managing Yourself a compilation of stories by various authors from Havard Business Review so there is no one author but in this case it would be Harvard Business Review so maybe the author field incorporates an option to add business as well as last name.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'd just put "Harvard Business Review" as the last name and a place holder in the first name (i.e., an x)
    I just sent an email. I tried to search for a book via the web but all search start on the same google amazon or borders page. Does the search prepopulate the search field or will we need to type it again? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    It does prepopulate the search field, but punctuation can disrupt the fields. Try searching a different title, or remove puncuation.
    I just downloaded bookworm to run on my TouchPad. I entered my first book, but do not see any way to save it. If I close then open again,there is no book entry. HELP!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhthhrush View Post
    I just downloaded bookworm to run on my TouchPad. I entered my first book, but do not see any way to save it. If I close then open again,there is no book entry. HELP!
    I haven't played with the Touchpad version - on my to do list. I will look into it with the emulator.