Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a good app to stream music from my home pc onto my Pre Plus, something similar to audiogalaxy (which I use on my Ipad)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviatapolk View Post
    Is there a good app to stream music from my home pc onto my Pre Plus, something similar to audiogalaxy (which I use on my Ipad)?
    There's a few options. As far as I know AmpachPre and Ampache Mobile are the only native apps for webOS. They are both front ends to Ampache a web server based music streaming app. Check my signature for the link to AmpachPre.
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

Pandora is awesome if you don't require the ability to choose the exact songs and order of play. I've found that Pandora has such good programming algorithms that I use it most of the time and use my MP3 player with Rhapsody just sits on the side.

If you want to stream your own stuff, Ampache seems to be the most widely praised around here.
    I use Pandora, great music app, use it in my car and in my office. From my Pre and or PC. Have a Ford Fusion and can Sync Pandora from my Pre to my car stereo. It is awesome.
    KalemSoft has a media streaming program that works well that you can use.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    There's a few options. As far as I know AmpachPre and Ampache Mobile are the only native apps for webOS. They are both front ends to Ampache a web server based music streaming app. Check my signature for the link to AmpachPre.
    How do I download it? The link in your signature says I need to login to download it, but I'm already logged in to precentral. And logging in again doesn't help.
    get the Apmach app from the app catalog.
    I think you want AmpachePre and Ampache Mobile. It's a pain in the *** to set up but stick with it. it's probably the best solution.

you can start here
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...he-mobile.html EDIt: for some reason clicking on this link doesn't work but the address is correct. go figure. regardless the thread is in the hombrew section.

there is another thread for ampachepre but i'm sorry i didn't bother to search. i used ampache mobile personally.

there are basically two parts. you have to set up the ampache server on your computer. (pain in the ***). The second part is just installing either software through Preware and running the software.

Those threads are good for help setting up your server. i did it once. it took days to trouble shoot my mistakes. And i DO NOT have it set up still cause my main desktop died and i haven't attempted to do it again. i'd say though it was very usefull once i did it.

I'll be honest i haven't done the stuff in a long time so i may not be the most up to date but i also found a ton of useful help here. Ampache • View forum - Installation it's an ampache forum. i'm not positive where to download the server files but this is probably it Downloads but again i'd start in that precentral thread cause that's where i started and somehow got it all working. Good luck if this is the route you take and have patience.
    How do I download it? The link in your signature says I need to login to download it, but I'm already logged in to precentral. And logging in again doesn't help.
    sometimes you have to log in separately to the website and the forums.
  10.    #10  
    Well this seems like a ridiculous pain. I'm probably going to be switching to the iPhone or a droid. The app situation for the pre is rather unfortunate.
    Use the KalemSoft Media Player. It is really easy to set up and works pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Use the KalemSoft Media Player. It is really easy to set up and works pretty well.
    I forgot about kalemsoft does it cost anything?
    You can get Ampache Mobile from the official app catalog. AmpachPre is only available in the precentral feeds with a program such as Preware or WebOS quick install. As far as setting up a web server, it can be a little troubling. A lot of people have had success with my guide found here.

http://nucleardecay.net/pre/Ampache-...it-revised.pdf
    though it may be a bit dated by now.

The hardest part will be getting through your firewall/router.

I don't think it does. I beta tested it and I still use it and don't pay anything. I am pretty sure it is free still.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I don't think it does. I beta tested it and I still use it and don't pay anything. I am pretty sure it is free still.
    Looks like it cost 5.99 for the server on their website. you probably got it free because you beta tested. Looks pretty nice and full featured though.

I use MOG(ios android only) and Grooveshark.
    I got in when it was $3 a month. Not sure if it's worth it at $9 a month.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I forgot about kalemsoft does it cost anything?

You can get Ampache Mobile from the official app catalog. AmpachPre is only available in the precentral feeds with a program such as Preware or WebOS quick install. As far as setting up a web server, it can be a little troubling. A lot of people have had success with my guide found here.

http://nucleardecay.net/pre/Ampache-...it-revised.pdf
    though it may be a bit dated by now.

The hardest part will be getting through your firewall/router.
    agreed. And i used parts of that pdf tutorial too. I think it was my starting point so glad you brought this up. There was some changes i had to do because i think i had already installed stuff in different locations but it was pretty good. so i'd second this.
  17. wxl
    if you want a Pandora alternative, try lost.fm which is a last.fm client, though I hear some rumblings about mobile connections to last.fm requiring subscriptions. I'm not sure that this is relevant to it or not.

I'd vote again for Ampache Mobile.
    Another vote for Ampache with Ampache Mobile.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Looks like it cost 5.99 for the server on their website. you probably got it free because you beta tested. Looks pretty nice and full featured though.
    If you click on "Downloads", it seems Media Streamer can be downloaded for free. I did this about a week ago (to test video streaming) and it doesn't appear to be crippled.

KalemSoft - Products
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  20.    #20  
    I can't seem to install kalemsoft on my pre. I downloaded the streamer app and set it up on my PC.
    But how do I download the client? The app doesn't exist if I search in the app catalog on the pre plus; I tried downloading the file from their website but my pre plus says unsupported file type.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast