Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviatapolk View Post
    I can't seem to install kalemsoft on my pre. I downloaded the streamer app and set it up on my PC.
    But how do I download the client? The app doesn't exist if I search in the app catalog on the pre plus; I tried downloading the file from their website but my pre plus says unsupported file type.
    ya this is weird. I seen it on my preminus acouple days ago but I don't now. Not sure what happened to it.
  2.    #22  
    So aside from Ampache, which sounds like a major pain to install, there are really no options? How hard is it to make an app like audiogalaxy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sviatapolk View Post
    So aside from Ampache, which sounds like a major pain to install, there are really no options? How hard is it to make an app like audiogalaxy?
    dnt know anything about audiogalaxy but orb is another option. There is no native app but you can use the web interface.
    There's also an app called streeme. It's not an on-device app, but a web app which the developer says will work with the Pre browser. The homepage even features a Pre. It sounds like it does what you want.

http://code.google.com/p/streeme/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    if you want a Pandora alternative, try lost.fm which is a last.fm client, though I hear some rumblings about mobile connections to last.fm requiring subscriptions. I'm not sure that this is relevant to it or not.

I'd vote again for Ampache Mobile.
    I'm pretty sure lost.fm uses the desktop API version, so streaming shouldn't be an issue
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    There's also an app called streeme. It's not an on-device app, but a web app which the developer says will work with the Pre browser. The homepage even features a Pre. It sounds like it does what you want.

streeme - Project Hosting on Google Code

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Looks like the server side app is a pain to set up, like Ampache. I don't get why this has to be so complicated.
    I use ampache and kalemsoft both work great for me. Kalem is easy and worth the money due to the time you save. I run ampache on an old Linux box and had it all up and running in about 25 min or so using steps in the forum.
    If you can set up a web server use ampache. If not Kalem is the way to go have used there stuff since palm os days.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhiz8577 View Post
    I use ampache and kalemsoft both work great for me. Kalem is easy and worth the money due to the time you save. I run ampache on an old Linux box and had it all up and running in about 25 min or so using steps in the forum.
    If you can set up a web server use ampache. If not Kalem is the way to go have used there stuff since palm os days.
    How do I get the Kalem client? I have been unable to install it.
    I think I saw earlier that you downloaded it to your phone. If so, you can install the ipk using preware's menu "install package". Or you can download it to your pc, and use webos quick install.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by vholif2137 View Post
    I think I saw earlier that you downloaded it to your phone. If so, you can install the ipk using preware's menu "install package". Or you can download it to your pc, and use webos quick install.
    Thanks. I'm not sure how either method works exactly? I haven't used preware ever. which method is easier?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    If you can follow instructions, Ampache really isn't that hard. They have detailed instructions on their site, and it works fine if you follow them explicitly. Heck, if you are running Ubuntu anywhere, or a derivative distribution, ampache is in the repositories. Setting it up on Linux was a lot faster than on Windows 7, mostly because the web server and SQL environments were already in place.

Basically, the installation for Windows amounts to:
    1. Install XAMPP (This provides all the pre-requisites, including Apache server, mySQL, etc.)
    2. Extract Ampache into the proper folder under your XAMPP installation.
    3. Go to localhost/ampache, and configure Ampache through its Web UI.

I did have a couple of problems under Windows 7. Apache (the web server) would sometimes spike to 100% CPU, and a restart seemed to be the only way to stop it. Under Linux, it's been rock-solid. Ampache Mobile is truly an incredible app. If you go through the process of setting it up, you will find it indispensable.
    Try this app 8tracks.

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...ompany.8tracks

it's in beta testing but how it works is you go to 8tracks | Handcrafted internet radio. You create a profile and make a playlist and publish it. Then using 8tracks for webos, you can listen to that playlist anywhere you want!

You get access to thousands of user playlists. If you don't want to make an account you can just browse with the app.

Check it out!

*Note: same rules as pandora with skipping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12