Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tmny79
  • 1 Post By sinime
  • 1 Post By colmmcgrath
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to devolop a andriod or iOS emulator for webOS? Peoples biggest complains about WebOS is that there aren't enough applications for it.... If an emulator could be built, then WebOS users could have access to the millions of Andriod and/or iOS applications.
    treacl likes this.
    I believe the problems with that are an emulator illegally uses android and ios OS files and we still don't have all the neccisary api's

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

treacl likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmny79 View Post
    Is it possible to devolop a andriod or iOS emulator for webOS? Peoples biggest complains about WebOS is that there aren't enough applications for it.... If an emulator could be built, then WebOS users could have access to the millions of Andriod and/or iOS applications.
    Everything is possible, the world is plenty of cellphones born with an os and running another.

The n900 runs (fine) android, meego, and maemo. It runs even a wide variety of tue linux dostros like arclinux, debian or ubuntu

The HTC hd2 (a wm6.5 phone) can run android, meego, WP7 and so on..

Running (natively) android should be a relatively easy task because it was already done for the N900 which has almost the same HW of pre, and most of the work is already done.

But the pre, I'm afraid, lacks two basic ingredients, users and developers.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    this is a great idea, i was going to make a post about this because it needs more attention. if android/iOS apps can be ported to webOS, it will eliminate the need to port android onto the TP.

a TP with webOS that can run android/iOS apps in cards WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!

now for some homebrew attention, how can we encourage the development of this?
    the android emulator is not illegal. Its open source you can do what you want. Web's ans android sit on top of linux. if you are a Unix person then android is as KDE as webOS is to gnome
    Both android and webOS are built upon Linux
    Thats how the Playbook works?
    Quote Originally Posted by tmny79 View Post
    You can develop android emulator for webos not iOS
    treacl likes this.