Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just checked the app catalog, and noticed the count went DOWN to 5360...i have a vzw pre plus.

I coulda sworn the number was over 5700 last week.

anyone have a clue?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
    Another 300 gone from the UK catalogue today. We were over 5000 yesterday, now down to 4700. 3 possibilities :

* they're pruning the poor sellers/useless apps.
    * everything's upgrading to 2.x and 1.4.x can't see them (don't think the filtering is good enough for this though)
    * developers are pulling apps. for some reason (poor sales, generally p****d-off with HP about 2.x etc.)
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    another alternative: HP is working on the "new" app catalog, and this is some of the results of that work.
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    another alternative: HP is working on the "new" app catalog, and this is some of the results of that work.
    Why remove apps from the existing catalogue in that case ? Why not run the two in parallel - or are you suggesting that us poor relations are going to lose the App Catalogue completely soon ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    nah, just suggesting that changes to the app and/or database may result in temporary issues. It happens sometimes when messing around with databases. Probably temporary changes, or could be culling. Either way, it's just a number.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Maybe they don't count books and soundboards as apps anymore? I sure don't.

That would bring the count down a couple thousand!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    Maybe they don't count books and soundboards as apps anymore? I sure don't.

That would bring the count down a couple thousand!
    Unfortunately, Apple & Android too - and this is a numbers game.
  9.    #9  
    Still 300 is alot to lose in a matter of days
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    Still 300 is alot to lose in a matter of days
    Yup - I'm pretty sure I saw 5700 earlier this week, but only 4700 now...

( Suddenly, I feel like paraphrasing Oscar Wilde - "To lose one App may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose 1000 seems like carelessness").
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    +1 from Canada (down 300 to 4700)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    5362 sprint pre-
    Where are you seeing the total number? Within the catalog?
    It's magically going backwards now lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The Precentral app page says it's a little more than 5,700 in the catalog and another 300+ for web distributed.

Where are you seeing the total number in your catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    The Precentral app page says it's a little more than 5,700 in the catalog and another 300+ for web distributed.

Where are you seeing the total number in your catalog?
    what's new
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    what's new
    ahhh, I'm on Verizon and it says 5,360
  18.    #18  
    everyone else is adding apps.

we are losing them.

sigh.

come on hp, lets get going.
    Perhaps some have been updated for 2.0 and are no longer available in the current catalog?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Perhaps some have been updated for 2.0 and are no longer available in the current catalog?

Sent from my eVo
    What bugs me is that there are several 2.0 only apps that show up in the Pre Minus app catalog. Fortunately, developers have been careful to note the 2.0 requirement in the app description, but what if a developer leaves that out? It looks like my Pre will happily let me purchase and download an app that I will be unable to use. Not good business.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast