Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 201
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #161  
    Maybe i missed some posts in this huge post, but i'm testing Ndrive since the beginning, started on my pre2 and then my pre3.
    A lot of bugs (doh:beta) but it works great keeping that in mind.

    Maybe i can help solve some problems?
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZorro View Post
    Maybe i missed some posts in this huge post, but i'm testing Ndrive since the beginning, started on my pre2 and then my pre3.
    A lot of bugs (doh:beta) but it works great keeping that in mind.

    Maybe i can help solve some problems?
    First, I appreciate the offer to help, as NDrive has done nothing to help!

    Second, where are you located (country) and what cellular provider is your test phone connected to? This seems to have an effect on the results...
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    First, I appreciate the offer to help, as NDrive has done nothing to help!

    Second, where are you located (country) and what cellular provider is your test phone connected to? This seems to have an effect on the results...
    @4wheels I just remembered some other things ... Try a fresh restart before you start Ndrive and see if that helps and the application stays running. I have been doing that all along since I bought Ndrive and discovered how buggy it was. It's also what I do with a couple of other really buggy apps ...
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    @4wheels I just remembered some other things ... Try a fresh restart before you start Ndrive and see if that helps and the application stays running. I have been doing that all along since I bought Ndrive and discovered how buggy it was. It's also what I do with a couple of other really buggy apps ...
    Thanks, tried that a few times, didn't help.

    NDrive has problems with data communication on webOS. Data communication over the cellular providers network by the NDrive program makes it self terminate every time.
    Last edited by 4wheels; 09/22/2011 at 01:28 AM.
  5. #165  
    Okay after not being able to get Ndrive to work for nearly 2 weeks and almost accepting I lost $25 and wouldn't have turn by turn nav on my Pre2, I finally figured out how to make it work! I don't know if you have to do all of this, but it worked for me! I am using my Pre2 on Verizon and have 2.1 installed.
    1. Go to location services
    2. When there go to preferences and hit locate me using
    3. Make sure google services and GPS both have checks next to them.
    4. Download GPS fix from the app catalog, you need this app, it's the only way.
    5. Make sure the GPS is actually turned on! (I use GPS toggle from Preware as it's the easiest to turn it on and off)
    6. Open GPS fix and make sure enable is turned on. Also you can set how often it re-awakes the GPS, I have mine set for 5min, the app says 20 is okay, I have it on my charger so I have only tested with 5min. Next in the top left corner hit GPS fix and bring down the menu.
    7. From here I am not sure which actually does which but the order I hit them is Attempt accuracy, Get GPS Fix and finally Get current location. I don't know if you need to hit all three, but I got it to work today so I was just happy for that!
    8. Run Ndrive, it should pick up your location right away and be able to track you. I keep GPS fix running and just stack the two together.
    This has been a constant headache for me and I was nearly ready to give up, I have tested it 3 different times since I got it to work and it has worked flawlessly every time. I hope this helps those that are struggling with it!
    tvouge likes this.
  6. #166  
    Glad it works for you now, but what phone & carrier do you have?

    BTW I've used GPS fix for a while & it helps keep the lock "active", but my GPS acquisition was never the problem. NDrive simply does NOT run if I'm not connected to wifi (i.e. out on the road). The only other way to make it run is to disable all data connections but then I can't use traffic apps, Foursquare, etc.
  7. tvouge's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #167  
    @4wheels He told you the phone/carrier in the first sentence.

    @Knicks2030 Thanks for this fix!


    But before I make the plunge I'd like to hear if this works for anyone else?

    Also, I think it would be possible to make a scheme in mode switcher to run these steps for us. Barring that, I'm sure someone around here could write up a script to prep the pre for ndrive.... It's amazing what this community has to do/can do in order to get functionality that other platforms take for granted...
  8. tvouge's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #168  
    @4wheels He told you the phone/carrier in the first sentence.

    @Knicks2030 Thanks for this fix!


    But before I make the plunge I'd like to hear if this works for anyone else?

    Also, I think it would be possible to make a scheme in mode switcher to run these steps for us. Barring that, I'm sure someone around here could write up a script to prep the pre for ndrive.... It's amazing what this community has to do/can do in order to get functionality that other platforms take for granted...
  9. #169  
    Guess I missed that part about his phone being a VZW Pre2 like mine... so you're the only one I've heard that has a working NDrive program on this phone. Have you verified this really works "out in the wild" when you're driving & looking to navigate anywhere new? I've found if you start the program while connected to wifi & then start navigating it sometimes works, at least until it tries to access something over 3g, then it closes/exits. Also everyone else I've talked to who tried this program on a VZW Pre2 can't get it to work when it's not connected to a wifi network, unless we shut off all data connections.

    BTW, his "fix" above makes NO difference on my VZW Pre2. I've had GPS fix installed for a while now and while it DOES help improve the speed of a GPS lock, that was never my problem with NDrive.
  10. #170  
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling Ndrive. That's what Ndrive support suggested I do. Whether or not it does anything I don't know but its worth a try and yes I have been using it the past few days with no problems. The app has some great features and some that aren't that good. Overall its okay. I love how there is a google search built into the app. The UI is just okay imo. One thing that does annoy me though is sometimes I will lose my signal for like 5-10sec, but then it will come back. I haven't lost it when I needed it yet, but it is weird. When I had my iPhone I would occasionally lose my signal, but I do not remember losing it this many times.

    @tvouge- Once you go through the steps I outlined all you need to do is turn on the gps, open gps fix and run the 3 steps in there, and then launch Ndrive. Annoying, but its not that bad if you asked me. Someone else mentioned the mode thing, I don't know anything about it though.
  11. #171  
    I have nDrive on a VZW Pre 2 and it works fine. There are times I have an issue with GPS, but I can't get a lock with ##477# either, so I know its the phone, not the app. I never have a problem with a data connection, most times I use nDrive its on cellular, not on wifi.
    Last edited by broncot; 09/27/2011 at 06:00 AM.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    There are times I have an issue with GPS, but I can't get a lock with ##477# either, so I know its the phone, not the app. I never have a problem with a data connection, most times I use nDrive its on cellular, not on wifi.
    Um... Can that mean that you aren't actually using the GPS data, but the wishful data from Google location service? That was a disaster that made useless NDrive in my Pre 3. I disabled the Google location service in the corresponding System app, and NDrive rocks!
  13. #173  
    No google service, I only use GPS. When nDrive can't get a GPS signal, nothing else does.
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Um... Can that mean that you aren't actually using the GPS data, but the wishful data from Google location service? That was a disaster that made useless NDrive in my Pre 3. I disabled the Google location service in the corresponding System app, and NDrive rocks!
    Are you a Pre3 NDrive beta tester? I cannot find it on the UK app cat for my UK Pre3. I had it on my Pre2 (and yes it did not work where I live!).
  15. #175  
    I emailed Ndrive recently to see about Pre3 availability and had an reply this morning (sic):

    Hello,

    Thank your for your answer , Ndrive already has Ndrive to Pre3 , we already submit it to Palm, they will check and test it and soon it will be available on app katalog.

    Any question, please contact us..we ll be glad to support you.


    NDrive.com
    Cumprimentos / Best Regards

    NDrive Support

    should be here soon for the Pre3 then i guess?
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Are you a Pre3 NDrive beta tester?
    Yep!

    I cannot find it on the UK app cat for my UK Pre3.
    Me neither, here in Spain. But, as I've just read here, it's a matter of time.
  17. #177  
    I've tried everything (& far more than what's been suggested here) and NDrive still refuses to work on either Pre2 I've had on VZW. The program won't stay running if I'm connected to the VZW data network (works fine on wifi) & NDrive and HP have been 0 help. Uninstall, reinstall, fresh doctor, no patches, nothing made any difference. No problems indicated in the logs either. The program appears to be trying to validate it's license every time I run it and on the data network closes before it can get a response.

    The only cure for the NDrive problem on my Pre2 was to buy a Motorola Droid Bionic last weekend. Not everything is perfect, but the GPS certainly rocks on that device! I get a lock in 1-5 seconds and the turn by turn Google NAV comes on the phone free. I'm sorry to say I'm not using my Pre as much anymore, but these NAV problems with NDrive pushed me over the edge. At least I finished submitting a couple of patch updates before I got fed up.
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    I've tried everything (& far more than what's been suggested here) and NDrive still refuses to work on either Pre2 I've had on VZW. The program won't stay running if I'm connected to the VZW data network (works fine on wifi) & NDrive and HP have been 0 help. Uninstall, reinstall, fresh doctor, no patches, nothing made any difference. No problems indicated in the logs either. The program appears to be trying to validate it's license every time I run it and on the data network closes before it can get a response.

    The only cure for the NDrive problem on my Pre2 was to buy a Motorola Droid Bionic last weekend. Not everything is perfect, but the GPS certainly rocks on that device! I get a lock in 1-5 seconds and the turn by turn Google NAV comes on the phone free. I'm sorry to say I'm not using my Pre as much anymore, but these NAV problems with NDrive pushed me over the edge. At least I finished submitting a couple of patch updates before I got fed up.
    Hi 4wheels, I've had the same problem with my Pre2. Started just after HP announced that they were cutting away webOS last year. I'd used it to go on a long trip. They Pre's multitasking was outstanding (I have a touchstone mounted in my car). Unfortunately Ndrive stopped working shortly before heading home . I agree with you that Ndrive is trying to validate it's license as it starts up. However, I found that if I turn off data services, started Ndrive, waited a few minutes, then turned data back on it would stay running for some time (maybe till it next attempted to contact the web). One thing I didn't like about the app is there was no way to turn data services off from within the app. This was less than ideal as I liked to leave Ndrive running in the background while the phone was on the touchstone and I listened to music. I contacted Ndrive a bunch of times but their responses did not address the issue (and were somewhat nonsensical). If you've subsequently found a solution I'd be keen to hear about it.
  19. #179  
    My NDrive was closing after a few seconds of me opening it. So I turned Data off and now it works fine.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

    Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
  20. caveryis's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #180  
    I've been using ndrive for months without any of the problems that anyone has listed here at all. until last week anyway. now I am having the network problem where it shuts down right away. I don't know what changed, but it's driving me nuts. I wouldn't mind if it hadn't been working flawlessly for so long.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions